Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miraclestone special deal

I just got my miraclestones yesterday ordered a backup too. So what I gather from this post is

1. Use some water when using the miraclestone as a lubrication

2. If you need to clean your miraclestone put it in the dishwasher

3. Don't drop it, it will break

4. Order a spare in case 3 happens ;)

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks for hooking up that deal

I ordered my miraclestone about 2 weeks ago and recieved an email saying there was some mailing problems and they were sending another one, but it should have been here a few days ago. Has anyone else had any problems with recieving theirs?

Yes, there was a problem that occurred after dropping orders off for shipment at the end of October, beginning of November. They contacted me to see if my order was one that was affected. Seems like you and I weren’t the only ones in this situation, but they went the extra step to see if I received my order with a promise to resend it out if I hadn’t. Give them a few days, sounds like the product is well worth it.

I ordered 3 miraclestones on November 4th and I took Express shipping and they are still not here. I'll sure wait for them since it's a great product according to JR and everyone. I know I'm from Quebec, but I think they are from Ontario.

For those who purchased, what do you think?

I felt like I was flying on the ice. Right when I've step on the ice I felt a difference. That's a great product. Thanks for the deal.

Can I use it before each ice time?

Thanks for the 411 JR... I just ordered one as well as the crosscut and the blade spray...

Has anyone used the blade spray. I'm hoping it really does cut down on waxing the tape job while prolonging its usefulness.

I have received and used the spray...

It's good stuff. It keeps the tape from holding water quite well...So far it has outlasted my average wax job on the stick tape. Two weeks, 4 practices and 2 games later, the original spray job is still holding strong.

2/4/05 Add another week...still the same tape.

wow. best stone i have ever used... i was doubtful but ordered two anyway.. at $4 each how could i not try it... results are one amazing product.

I love the stone too...good stuff.

However, the crosscut, on the other hand...takes a bit to get used to. My skate nor my kid's skate fit either of the two slots easily so I had to hold it at a severe angle (compared to the online demo at their site) to get the diamond sticks to contact the skate blade. My skates turned out to be fine, but my kid's did not. Actually I had to get them re-sharpened as a result of the poor job I did with the crosscut. What happend is the tool would lose contact with the skate blade at certain areas where the skate blade holder flared and was too thick for the insertion point on the tool. I'm not suggesting to avoid it, but rather to be cautious when using this tool, go slow until you get the hang of it.

Got my stone recently, tried it out, and it works great. Feels like a new edge each ice time. I bought the honing oil as well since It was just a couple bucks. I wish I had bought a second one to keep in my bag, oh well. Now if I could just find someone in souther california who would sharpen my skates good consistently.

Just want to thank all of you for the kind words about my product. I strive to produce a top notch, quality products to help improve the game we all love! I want to personally thank JR for allowing me to post this deal on MSH..JR is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to sharpening etc.

I'd just like to address the comments above regarding my crossXcut sharpener. The crossxcut use is not meant to replace regular sharpenings. The intent was to manufacture a tool that would allow a player to restore a quick edge during a game. My testing showed that using the crossxcut/miraclestone combo really did restore an edge. Being a goalie, my skates take a serious beating-clashing on the posts, against other players skates etc..I needed a maintenance solution that would give me a quick sharp edge...this combo did it.

Anyway, thanks again..and have a great end to your season! :)

It looks like the CrossXcut would do the same thing as a Sweet Stick. Miraclestone or anyone, can you tell me if they were made to do basically the same thing or is there a big difference between them.

It looks like the CrossXcut would do the same thing as a Sweet Stick. Miraclestone or anyone, can you tell me if they were made to do basically the same thing or is there a big difference between them.

I cant really speak for the Sweet-Stick but the crossxcut was designed to restore an edge quickly. As mentioned, I am a goalie and found that I needed a solution to restore my edge after 'clanging' my edge on the posts. This product does bring back the edge and provide better bite.

I used to use other products..sharktooth, sweet-stick, etc but I found they were too $$..hence, I decided to manufacture a cost effective product.