Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miraclestone special deal

How do you sharpen with it. Do you run it down the center of the steel along each edge, or do you run it across the outside edge of the steel. I'm relatively new to ice, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

It helps my runners stay sharper longer when I use it after every game, so it pays for itself. It's also handy to have in case I need to temporarily fix another gouge in one of my runners. I can't say how it compares to other stones though as this is the only stone I've used before.

For those who purchased, what do you think?

I dropped it on the tile in the Kitchen within the first 30 seconds I had it. I need to order another :angry: . However I did use the bigger chunk I had left and it helped one of our players out alot.

I dropped it on the tile in the Kitchen within the first 30 seconds I had it. I need to order another  :angry: .

I knew I originally ordered a spare for a reason. ;)

I was actually thinking about that, I decided against it when buying, then in the car ride to the tourney I was pissed because I knew someone on MSH mentioned getting a spare. I'm guessing it'll just cost more in shipping (because 2 stones would've been the price anyways), but $10cdn is still a good price.

Shipping for 3 stones would be the same as for 1, and at they are a good price. Plus I have a bad habit of misplacing things so I need to have a spare. I almost forgot mine at the rink had I been the last one to leave the change room.

Shipping for 3 stones would be the same as for 1, and at they are a good price. Plus I have a bad habit of misplacing things so I need to have a spare. I almost forgot mine at the rink had I been the last one to leave the change room.

that is a good idea. I bought a couple extra's, I leave one in the hockey bag and the other at home. These things are small and can easily get lost if your place is messy :(

Ask your friends if they want one to try and reduce the shipping per unit. Its a win-win situation for everyone.

For those who purchased, what do you think?

In my opinion, I would say I notice a moderate improvement in keeping my edges compared to my old honing stone. Sometimes when I skate I find I still find that I have a pretty good edge after not sharpening my skates for a month.

The only problem is that I can't really do a proper comparison with my old honing stone because a good chunk of the grit has been already lost (essentiantly making the effectiveness of the stone minimal). On the same note, I was using the Miracle stone last night and I noticed that some of the grit on the surface has been lost, is this a bad sign ?

Grit lost?

You can't lose grit - the stuff isn't painted on, it's a rock.

Wash it with soap and warm water.

That's what I thought, its a rock.

But why does it look like the top surface looks "painted/applied"? After 20 usages there are areas where it looks like the top surface grit has been lost and I can see grey smooth rock underneath ?

Maybe I am misinterpretating things ?

That is not grey, smooth rock.

That is the residue from your blade.

I usually use Goof-Off and scrub that off, then use soap and clean the stone. I've been using the same stone for 5 mos now and I use it 30 times a day.

on their website it says you can just throw it in the dishwasher, sounds easiest to me.

I've had a miraclestone for awhile now, it's really a great product but relatively unknown

I will admit, the Miracle Stone alone works better than the Sweet Stick alone. And the Miracle Stone is amazing. But what really works even better is after you do the Miracle Stone is to make a light pass or two with the Sweet Stick. That gives the perfect edge.

I will admit, the Miracle Stone alone works better than the Sweet Stick alone.  And the Miracle Stone is amazing.  But what really works even better is after you do the Miracle Stone is to make a light pass or two with the Sweet Stick.  That gives the perfect edge.

If you're using the sweet stick it's not a perfect edge, it's damaged.