Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miraclestone special deal

I forgot to post that I got my 2 stones last week (? I forgot when). Excellent price and easy transaction!

Can someone tell me the process of using this? (wet with water and 5-10 brushes? one way only?)

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, first I must apologize for the lengthy response/shipping..I've been swamped with my day-to-day job this winter! Its been hell! Yes, the website is gone..I just couldnt keep up with picking, packing, shipping and it wasnt fair to my customers. However, I am still selling the stone and I will honor the ModSquad deal. Just shoot me an email to miraclestone@gmail.com

I appriciate all the kind words..

Doug

Hey guys, first I must apologize for the lengthy response/shipping..I've been swamped with my day-to-day job this winter! Its been hell! Yes, the website is gone..I just couldnt keep up with picking, packing, shipping and it wasnt fair to my customers. However, I am still selling the stone and I will honor the ModSquad deal. Just shoot me an email to miraclestone@gmail.com

I appriciate all the kind words..

Doug

Doug!

Been trying to reach you for like 2 yrs now...LOL...

I sent an email to that miraclestone@gmail.com address...hoping I can pick up 2 of these...

should be able to, i just bought my 2 off him last week, very quick to respond and ship as well, great stones!

I sent an email to that miraclestone@gmail.com address...hoping I can pick up 2 of these...

should be able to, i just bought my 2 off him last week, very quick to respond and ship as well, great stones!

Got 2 last month.. had to use one to straighten a nick.. pretty nice stone with a handy pouch.

is there any significance with the color? one of my stones is like half dye'd half non dye'd...if that makes any sense...is there any significance to that?

how many passes do you guys make on each side of your blades?

I just got my stones yesterday. Ordered them a month ago but forgot to send payment until last week :lol:

They are a lot finer "grit" than my generic sharpening stone, probably about twice as heavy, and come in a really nice pouch. I ordered two so I could keep one in the bag and one at home.

They seem like they're about the same as a honing stone I bought as a kid at a camping place, but I can't imagine you can get these for cheaper than the $6 shipped that he's selling them.

My generic stone feels like it's grinding the edges and scratches the steel. This one feels more like it's smoothing or rubbing the edges. Also seemed to do a better job removing a nick I had on one blade.

just so I inderstand you can run the stone under water to get it wet and use as a regular stone? Correct

Thanks Sid

ordered 2 last week can't wait to get them...this will be my first stone so hopefully I won't screw up my blades...lol

Anyone know if Adrenaline Hockey still has these? They're on their internet site and I ordered one a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten anything and haven't heard fruther from the company. Is there some other place to get one? Thanks.

Long time lurker here.

Ordered one of these stones about a week ago. Came home today to find it had already arrived. Solid stone, and a very nice carrying case to boot. Unbelievable price, and super solid shipping to Toronto, Canada!

Couldn't be more happier.

I have this stone. And they sell the oil for a reason, if you use water it will wear the stone out a lot quicker. Think of tapping a hole and using water as the tapping oil... Not advised.

I emailed Doug to see if he was still selling these. He replied yes about 5 minutes later and I ordered 2 stones shipped to my door for $12. They arrived here in Ohio in about a week.

Great deal, stones and cool leather storage pouches.

If I'm not mistaken, they had them on ebay recently, something like 6 bucks including shipping from Canada. It has been great so far.