Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The Association

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I just saw a highlight package...the Suns went off for 140 for a 3rd straight game last. That's just crazy. I guess Porter's D-First idea was the problem...they are playing fast break now and it looks to be working.

They also played the Clippers back-to-back and then the Thunder, so that's something you need to consider.

True...but it does illustrate the change in team play philosophy regardless of who they were playing.

I like the C's pick ups of Mikki Moore and Stephen Marbury this week. Obviously, there's a big concern that Marbury can be a cancer in the clubhouse, but I think he will act more like Manny with the Dodgers -- a lot to prove.

I like the C's pick ups of Mikki Moore and Stephen Marbury this week. Obviously, there's a big concern that Marbury can be a cancer in the clubhouse, but I think he will act more like Manny with the Dodgers -- a lot to prove.

A few years ago did anyone honestly think a "rich get richer" sports scenario would be in Boston...and NOT be the Sox...(I assume the Bruins will be active on Mar 4)

I was thinking about that when it became official, although I think it's more Patriot-esque, probably because the Yankees' vault is still a bigger draw to players than the Sox. But under Belichick, the Pats have consistently had players wanting to come for a shot at the Lombardi. Supposedly Fred Taylor and Chris Baker will be signing shortly with the Pats. Those two are older but seem to have some NFL life remaining.

No suspension for Ariza is horseshit. Its bad enough that he hard fouled Fernandez on the head, but its even worse that they were losing by 25+ at the time.

But at least they're looking at getting Odom on the bench penalty. I think he's more of a loss than Ariza.

That's true, I think Odom is a much better player than Ariza. My first thought during the game last night was that this might be the kind of thing that really pulls the Blazers together, kinda like the Wings after the Lemieux/Draper hit.

They were looking so bright a couple years ago and then they drafted the latest version of Darko Milicic.

Has anybody been watching the Bulls-Celts series? If this were a Finals, it possibly would be considered the greatest playoff series ever.

On the surface, it seemed like a mismatch, since it's Number 2 (62-20) versus Number 7 (41-41), but the records are misleading. The Bulls went 23-14 since mid-January, so they're better than a seven seed, while the C's learned just before the playoffs that KG was done for the year. In any event, there have been two OT’s, a double OT, a triple OT and a fifth game that was decided by a three-point shot with two seconds left.

It’s tough on the ticker, but this series has been great!

That series has been nuts. I saw on ESPN today that those teams already set the record for most overtimes ever in the postseason.

On an unrelated note, Yao, Scola and Artest are all assholes.

The officiating has been terrible, even by NBA standards. Then again, what else would you expect with Joey Crawford and a chance to extend the Celtics to game seven over the weekend? Two of the three Celts that fouled out never touched the guys on the sixth foul and the "block" by the Bulls guard (forgetting the name right now) got Rondo on the hand pretty blatantly.

There was an interesting note after the Bulls' Game 4 victory that two (I believe) of the refs were from Chicago, and their family members were seen in the stands wearing Bulls paraphenalia. I just think the refs in basketball get too influenced by the fans, probably due to how close the crowd is.

Actually, what stinks is I've missed three of the games. Our power was out for four days due to the dumping we had two weekends ago, then the last game showed Canceled on my DVR for some reason, which pissed me off until I realized I probably saved myself three hours of anguish.

I'm not sure they can make it by Orlando while missing Leon Powe also.

I really was looking forward to KG returning for the playoffs, because I felt that the C's would have been the deepest team. Think about a bench of Powe, Baby, Starbury, House and Mikki Moore. That's solid and would have allowed the C's to get adequate rest for the starters.

Alas.....

John Hollinger on ESPN had an article talking about King James having one of the best statistical seasons EVER.

King James' PER rating.

And a guy who leads his team in total points, rebounds, assists, blocks & steals, well that pretty much sums it up.

Phil