Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The Association

At first, I thought it was the perfectly called play, since no one would have expected Big Baby to take the shot, but it turns out Pierce was the first option and he just swung the ball to an open player.

I can't see either one of these teams getting past Cleveland -- unless KG could make a (quite doubtful) successful comeback -- but it's good to see the C's aren't just folding in the playoffs.

By the way, there was a funny moment in the Sox game when the C's won. Pat Burrell was at bat and recoiled as he heard the crowd roar during Davis' shot. It turns out that TV's around the stadium were playing the game, so most of the crowd cheered suddenly.

At first, I thought it was the perfectly called play, since no one would have expected Big Baby to take the shot, but it turns out Pierce was the first option and he just swung the ball to an open player.

Too many guys would have forced up the shot because they were "the guy" or the play was drawn up for him.

I think the C's probably would have beaten the Magic if they had Powe, but it doesn't matter, because, without KG, all it would have meant is 4-6 more nights of less sleep against Cleveland.

However, I think my adopted home's team has a solid chance of beating the Lakers, who looked quite mortal against Houston.

Could the NBA at least try and not be so obvious about wanting an LA/Cleveland Finals? That "foul" Howard had on LBJ as he took a three...wow.

Agreed. It has been ridiculous. They finally called a travel on LBJ - 4 steps.

Is it time to rename the "Jordan Rule"....the "LeBron Rule"?

I've come to the conclusion the NBA needs 17 refs, maybe 20.

All game long, I'll scream to the Big D, "That was no different than what Leon Powe was called for just four minutes ago!" Which means they either didn't see a play properly -- and really do need more than three refs -- or they give established players too much latitude. It's frustrating because the lack of consistency makes it seem arbitrary when they decide to enforce a rule.

NBA reffing is beyond disaster at this point. If NBA want's to know how to turn away NBA fans, then they have figured it out.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

So glad we (and yes it is we, I worked for the Magic org for 4 yrs/work pt in the shop now) beat that assclown. Boxers and teams in the SC Playoffs do it after every series. And you can't?

Lookin at the draft, im pleased so far. Being from Louisville it's good to see 2 first round picks. Terrence Williams taken #11 by the nets (dont really care for them, but whatev) i think he will get plenty of time. I dont know if i've ever seen a more athletically gifted person, if he can get his basketball skill level close to his athletic abilities, he is going to be an absolute beast. Has incredible vision on the court.

And Earl Clark taken #14 by the suns. With the loss of shaq, i dont know how well he will fit in there. INcredibly tall and ridiculously long arms, if his heads right he can drain shots all day. Hopefully he matures a bit from where he was mentally while playing college, he has potential.

That said, Blake griffin was a no brainer at #1, and i cant wait to see lebron and shaq play together.

vince carter going orlando, all over the sports news, don't know who's going the other way...they need to change the rims like every other game now

A friend of mine is calling the Cavs in a walk to the Championship next year...a little pre-mature, no?

What does everyone think...Shaq and LeBron....instant title in Cleveland?