Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillie22

Giroux pattern

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information about Claude Giroux (of the Flyers)'s pattern? At first glance I thought it might be a Lidstrom/P02 type curve, but it doesn't seem to have as much twist. Seems to have a square toe and low lie based on pictures, but its not that easy to tell. Any info/pictures greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, from everything I've seen on TV it closely resembles a Shanny. I'd imagine that's just what he grew up using.

Really hate to be the guy bumping dead threads, but after searching and finding this thread, is the consensus still the same on Giroux's pattern? Similar to the old Easton Shanny? I ask because I may be picking up a Giroux prostock, but wanted to make sure I asked the experts first.

I've heard two different descriptions of his blade. One is that it is like the old Shanny, the other is that is like a P92 with more curve and a squarer toe.

Guys, someone in the Showit off thread just posted pics of his one95 Giroux that was from TSR

Very close to a p10, It seems a little different. Very long and paddlelike though

Check it out its a couple pages back, beauty curve

That curve in SIO is not what Giroux uses. I can assure you.

I've actually asked Giroux, personally. I'd just about bet my life he wouldn't lie about what curve he uses. :facepalm

That curve in SIO is not what Giroux uses. I can assure you.

I've actually asked Giroux, personally. I'd just about bet my life he wouldn't lie about what curve he uses. :facepalm

So the orange One95 stamped Giroux isn't his? I highly doubt that. It looks quite similar to the one at patterndb as well.

OMG. I'm sorry I posted.

Indeed, the stick in the SIO thread was issued to Giroux - it's not the curve he uses, however.

Seriously, its not that important to me, I was trying to pass on some first hand knowledge. Good lord. Now I remember why I don't post here often.

I was completely dreaming being in the Flyers lockerroom, post game, last weekend. It was some other guy who looked like Claude Giroux that had just come in from riding the stationary bike post game. He completely made up the fact he uses a P10 so I could come on MSH and throw everyone off.

Man oh man.

i can clear this up quickly I'm sure someone will be a smart ass but Idc just trying to help ppl with the ? Patrick Kane and giroux use the exact same stick pattern it's a p10 witch is not the old shanny it's more the old Bure I hv both game used personalized singned sticks and Kane himself said its a p10 witch as a ( nobody ) you can't get it Bauer does not offer it as a pro you design your own so you pretty much get w.e u want custom made 2 ur likings . P02 is a square toe but not close 2 kaner / giroux

i can clear this up quickly I'm sure someone will be a smart ass but Idc just trying to help ppl with the ? Patrick Kane and giroux use the exact same stick pattern it's a p10 witch is not the old shanny it's more the old Bure I hv both game used personalized singned sticks and Kane himself said its a p10 witch as a ( nobody ) you can't get it Bauer does not offer it as a pro you design your own so you pretty much get w.e u want custom made 2 ur likings . P02 is a square toe but not close 2 kaner / giroux

a P10 witch? Are they like the ones in the movie hocus pocus?

I wish someone still made one. I would love to be able to get a square toe in a more forward orientated pattern again. I guess there is always the Datsyuk.

Or the Tavares.

Alright...As far as Kane Goes...I pointed out the change in his toe to others. Since you cannot get a P10 and really I cannot find much info on the desired P10 Giroux/Kane Blade details/

What research I have leads me to this...The Shannahan was somewhat similar to the Yzerman But not as big of a hook...But the Yzermans wood blades I have look more Coffey to me...

Has anyone looked at the Warrior W08 Kovalchuck?

so I am watching a new GoPro video on NHL.com)NHL after dark). you get a good look at Giroux's curve (But it moves fast) I would agree that it looks like a Shanahan. But this also looks a lil more open to me than you find in a shanahan. To me it looks like a current E28, with a little less toe curve & a squared toe.