Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpathway

08-09, You Don't See That Everyday

Campoli's 2 goals in the same OT, O'Byrne putting the puck into his own empty net, any glass shattering.

If it's weird/strange/one-of-a-kind, put it here instead of beginning a new topic.

This isn't NHL, but it's one of the funnier own goals you'll see. From a few weeks ago in the WHL:

How about Tikhonov's goal against the Canucks the other night. He's getting a delayed penalty but Shane O'Brien ends up putting the puck in his own net. So he gets a goal and a penalty on the same play.

This isn't really wacky, but i don't wanna start a new thread.

Check out the frozen moments on NHL.com for 3-28-09. It looks like Malone and Juice are taking the back almost to the boards, and they have the goal line, and beyond that (towards the boards) it looks as if the ice is tinted a light blue. Anyone know if the ice is actually a slightly diff color, or if its just the picture?

Probably taken from a camera inside the net (they do have them - it is 2009, afterall). As for Theodore's presence (or lack thereof), I can't tell you. Based on the final score and the time on the clock (at the far end), we can probably rule-out empty net. I'm willing the bet the guy got caught out of position. Once the game replay is available through Gamecenter, I'll fast-forward to that point (I want to say there is 5:04 remaining...and given the fact that Washington's bench is far and the picture was taken at 8:31pm, it's probably the 2nd period) in the game and see what happened.

Probably taken from a camera inside the net (they do have them - it is 2009, afterall). As for Theodore's presence (or lack thereof), I can't tell you. Based on the final score and the time on the clock (at the far end), we can probably rule-out empty net. I'm willing the bet the guy got caught out of position. Once the game replay is available through Gamecenter, I'll fast-forward to that point (I want to say there is 5:04 remaining...and given the fact that Washington's bench is far and the picture was taken at 8:31pm, it's probably the 2nd period) in the game and see what happened.

That's absolutely from inside the net. Great photo.

So much awesome going on in that. The Blonde girl included.

Loses points for the pink dye. And for drinking her beer through a straw.

So much awesome going on in that. The Blonde girl included.

Loses points for the pink dye. And for drinking her beer through a straw.

hah! I can't believe I didn't even notice that. That you definitely don't see every day.

Tampa Bay powerplay...Theodore over-committed on a feed to Lecavalier (Vinny faked a one-timer, Jose slid out of position - off to the left of the frame in the picture), then Lecavalier threw a pass infront that Jurcina pulled away from Malone and then cleared the puck from the zone.

aaaahhhhh. thanks. They have another great photo up now with Luongo standing amongst 5 or 6 sticks, many gloves, a jersey and some shoulder pads.. You certainly don't see that everyday.

aaaahhhhh. thanks. They have another great photo up now with Luongo standing amongst 5 or 6 sticks, many gloves, a jersey and some shoulder pads.. You certainly don't see that everyday.

Saw that...I thought the League was going to downplay and take focus away from fighting...