Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

I just picked up a pair of youth X:60 for my son, any comments from others who have them for kids would be nice. I did not want to spend as much as I did but I got him to try on every other brand out there and in the end he said those felt the best. As far as I know he did not know the differance in price.

Older thread, but I have a question about x:60 sizing. The shop that I visited today didn't have a 10.5EE in stock, only a D. I was wondering how the fit is affected by going to a wide. Is it in the heel, midfoot/arch, toebox,etc...??? A combination of a few different areas? I would assume that the biggest difference would be in the midfoot/arch area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Now that the stick has been out a few months what's everyone's feedback on the X:60 stick? From a beer leaguer perspective I still see alot of one95s but that could just be because it's still fairly recent. I'm looking for something performance-wise like the xn10 (if possible) and I can get a great deal on either the one95r and X:60 (sorry guys, employee discount).

Now that the stick has been out a few months what's everyone's feedback on the X:60 stick? From a beer leaguer perspective I still see alot of one95s but that could just be because it's still fairly recent. I'm looking for something performance-wise like the xn10 (if possible) and I can get a great deal on either the one95r and X:60 (sorry guys, employee discount).

I had it for about two months b4 it broke ( not to knock at its durabilitybecause im out shooting in my backyard just about evveryday) the feel for the puck for stickhandeling and passing was amazing and the intelli sense shot technology i feel has some truth to it. I've used a one 95 and I've used a xxxx and know what the different kickpoints feel like (Its not a huge difference but somewhat noticable) and from slapshot to wristshot i felt the difference and i shot very well all in all before this drags on any longer it is an amazing stick, my favorite of all time and completely recomed it :)

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of X60 skates off of the internet. I don't have a local shop near me to try the skates on for size. Would much rather deal with a LHS but logistics make that tuff. I'm currently wearing a 7.5 DA in CCM U+. Would a pair of Bauer X60s size 7.5 DA fit me. Or how different would the fit be. Thanks for any input.

No. The CCM U+ runs 1/2" smaller and at least a size wider than the X60. You would need the 8EA x60.

Saw something weird on a display X60 skate in a proshop at a local rink. It didnt have the new Hyra Max liner in it. It looked and felt like the black low end lining in the lower end skates. I took pictures of it with my phone but it is hard to make out. Has anyone else seen something like this? Anyone know why an X60 skate would have the low end lining in it? I asked the guy that was there about it and he just said it was what it was. Just curious.

Saw something weird on a display X60 skate in a proshop at a local rink. It didnt have the new Hyra Max liner in it. It looked and felt like the black low end lining in the lower end skates. I took pictures of it with my phone but it is hard to make out. Has anyone else seen something like this? Anyone know why an X60 skate would have the low end lining in it? I asked the guy that was there about it and he just said it was what it was. Just curious.

my customs x60's are like that. I'm pretty sure it's the same material they used in last year's x60, just black instead if red.

My brother's XXXX's have that material (custom pro return's). I'm sure it isn't low end material, just not something that is as marketable as a new feature like hydramax.

Question to the X40 - XXV users. I have used XXV for a year and they were well protective for blocking shots. I jsut picked up a pair of X40s, they I feel every shot, pain, totally more then XXV ever did. Direct fron hit to the toe box, side hit, etc. I went with the same size and width as my XXV. Playing with the same people and skill levels (i.e. too old to improve that much :-)).

I bought the X40 based on the comments that they replaced the XXV...Did I buy a lemon? How do the X50s and X60s feel in terms of protection?

I'm sure this has been asked, but I want to be specific with my question and the closest LHS is 3 hrs away;

I wear a 7.5 EE One95 and the skate fit's great in every area but one (and I love the skate after I changed the runner to the LS 2.0). There is a ton of room in the toe box. The arch, heel and length are all great. Would a X60 7.5 EE fix the toe box issue, or would I end up loosing the benefits in the other areas? Or should I look into the CCM U+ skates? Or am I looking for a skate (the perfect skate) that doesn't exist?

Thanks in advance