Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

I'm debating between a pair of one95 and X:60, honest opinions...what should i go with? all sizing aside, cause they both fit great, im talking about performance and comfort. BUT take into consideration, i can purchase the One95s for $100 cheaper than the X:60s, so let's hear it!

BS. One skate is going to fit you better than the other. The skates have a distinct fit.

We go through this every year, people get skates just to get them, they don't fit, then they badmouth the skate.

Ever notice I only do a Bauer skate review every two years?

i have no intentions of bad-mouthing the skates at all.

I only got to feel the fit at a LHS by trying them on and baking them, never got ice time with any of them, SO one of them could feel terrible on the ice.

Is it true that one skate is actually better for (Vapors) agility and other for (Supremes) speed?

I've had a pair of Bauer vapor 10's, XX's and now XXX's but no vapor XXXX! Will these fit me like my beloved XXX's do?

Stupid question but my dad is going to get me some pairs and for the last 9 years I allway's had Vapors...

Any word on the x:50?

Very comfortable skate softer than Vapor 40s, good stiffness, they fit wider and deeper than i expected for a Junior skate, especially the toe box.

In the Vapor XXXX i was a size 6. On the X50 i found there was too much volume(size6) so i went to a 5.5R skate. For me volume wise the X:50 is a better fit than my ONR95 5.5R. ONE95s not bashing them still love those just i find the lower cut boot better for my skating style.

I've had a pair of Bauer vapor 10's, XX's and now XXX's but no vapor XXXX! Will these fit me like my beloved XXX's do?

Stupid question but my dad is going to get me some pairs and for the last 9 years I allway's had Vapors...

When i tried mine on at majer hockey. they had a used pair of xxx's so i tried them on to compare them to the x:60. They had a similar fit but not exact the same. I found a better locking heel and more room in the toe box in the X:60 slightly more volume.

Is it true that one skate is actually better for (Vapors) agility and other for (Supremes) speed?

the only real difference that can back up this distinction is the profile straight out of the box - Vapors come with 9', and Supremes with 10'

because of that OUT OF THE BOX Vapors would feel more agile, but after adjusting the profie to whatever suits YOU both skates would feel equally fast/agile

They are now. Believe 4/1 was the change date.

I asked Bauer customs dept about that and the rep said that they will not be available for custom until Dec 1. This was a few weeks ago. I have to ask her a few things, but the woman I usually deal with is on vacation, so I'll ask her Monday.

JR is right. X:60 custom was available for production on 4/1, could not be shipped until 4/15. However, only shops that carry X:60 can custom order the X:60. I had this info confirmed two weeks ago when submitting a few custom XXXX orders.

They are now. Believe 4/1 was the change date.

I asked Bauer customs dept about that and the rep said that they will not be available for custom until Dec 1. This was a few weeks ago. I have to ask her a few things, but the woman I usually deal with is on vacation, so I'll ask her Monday.

Dave will answer your questions, he called about an order I had submitted last week.

Shocked at the comment back there that X:60's are better looking then the 95's. Both look great IMO.

Funny to see a million people like Jr said run out and ask about the fit cause they want a pair for they sake of having skates. Get what fits. And if you feel the 95's are as agile as the 60's, add a heel lift to get you up on your toes.

That being said I need to get out and see a pair. Its bad but I would go into debt buying hockey gear, regardless of whether or not I use it. Although the Vapors were my first true skate love.

I have a question about the X:50's if you want me to make another thread for them I will, but here it goes. Will the X:50's fit like the xxv because I think through my foot growing it has turned into a vapor style foot again. Also how do the X:50's compare to the Vapor XXXX's.

Thanks (and if the post seems incoherent sorry I am running on 3 hours of sleep.)

Any word on the x:50?

Very comfortable skate softer than Vapor 40s, good stiffness, they fit wider and deeper than i expected for a Junior skate, especially the toe box.

In the Vapor XXXX i was a size 6. On the X50 i found there was too much volume(size6) so i went to a 5.5R skate. For me volume wise the X:50 is a better fit than my ONR95 5.5R. ONE95s not bashing them still love those just i find the lower cut boot better for my skating style.

I have a question about the X:50's if you want me to make another thread for them I will, but here it goes. Will the X:50's fit like the xxv because I think through my foot growing it has turned into a vapor style foot again. Also how do the X:50's compare to the Vapor XXXX's.

Thanks (and if the post seems incoherent sorry I am running on 3 hours of sleep.)

I'll assume that's why you aren't reading as well.

Maybe someone who has a pair can answer this for me:

In all the pictures I've seen of the skate it looks like the back of the boot is actually set to less then a 90 degree angle, effectively forcing you to flex forward and inhibiting you from standing up straight. Is this true, are the boots naturally forward flexed, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

I had read the statement by TBL earlier just wondering if there was any new news. Another helpful member asnswered my question anyways.

They are definately angled forward at the back of the boot where the 40's were straight up at a 90 degree. This may help the heel lock. By the way, you can't feel it on the ice- you can stand up straight like in the 40's.

Checked them out. I love the liner and the insole!

To me the depth of the skate looks like a Vapor XXXX with a size up in the quarters. It's a nice skate, so is the X:50. I was impressed.

Interesting cut design, really am wanting these skates now (even though I don't need them). Way too lazy to go grab my 95's but I'm gonna assume they're a 90 degree?

EDIT: on second look the 95's have a slight forward angle to them as well. Weird that I never noticed this before...

Hey Danc,

If your from Sudbury ON. Is there any chance in the world that you picked those up at Skaters Edge on LaSalle? If so let me know if they still do skate trade in's.

Hey Danc,

If your from Sudbury ON. Is there any chance in the world that you picked those up at Skaters Edge on LaSalle? If so let me know if they still do skate trade in's.

Yes I got them from Skater's Edge. Best Hockey shop anywhere! As for trade in I'm not sure. They did have a wall of used skates during the winter, so probably. Give em a call.

BS. One skate is going to fit you better than the other. The skates have a distinct fit.

We go through this every year, people get skates just to get them, they don't fit, then they badmouth the skate.

Ever notice I only do a Bauer skate review every two years?

...And I sure haven't seen you do a Vapor review.. which is why I haven't even bothered trying one on.

Ok, now back to the x:50, what are the real differences between the x:60 and the x:50, because every website says something different. Waiting for an answer from the guys that actually saw both skates. Is the liner the same, the tongue, ankle pads, etc?. Thanks

Ok, now back to the x:50, what are the real differences between the x:60 and the x:50, because every website says something different. Waiting for an answer from the guys that actually saw both skates. Is the liner the same, the tongue, ankle pads, etc?. Thanks

We've already covered it...the 50 is very close to the XXXX.

It has the same tongue as the XXXX. Same foam. Composite outsole. Same liner as the X:60 (the Hydra red part)

Very good skate.

We've already covered it...the 50 is very close to the XXXX.

It has the same tongue as the XXXX. Same foam. Composite outsole. Same liner as the X:60 (the Hydra red part)

Very good skate.

Ok, thanks. The liner I was most curious about because it says hydra max on both the x:50 and the x:60, but from what you're saying the x:50 doesn't have the double liner, the abrasion resitant part. When you say same foam you're refering to the same foam as in the x:60, I hope.

Checked them out. I love the liner and the insole!

To me the depth of the skate looks like a Vapor XXXX with a size up in the quarters. It's a nice skate, so is the X:50. I was impressed.

So, the 60 is deeper than the xxxx?