Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

Your current equipment

um, yea if you want, they arent retail. special edition sticks with a team's name and logo on them. got em for free as part of the promo :D

Lid: NBH 4500 with Oakley Visor

Shoulders: Don't wear them normally, have Sehrwood 5030 Traditionals when forced to wear them

Elbows: Jofa ASD ProStock circa 1998 (I think)

Shins: Bauer, oldies but goodies had them forever, no plans to replace them.

Pants: Nike Air Quest 2 Pro Returns circa 1999 (Going to be buying new RBK NCAA Pro Returns from The Hockey Shop soon)

Gloves: Eagle (can't remember exact model) almost need to be replaced die to wear and tear beyond repair.

Skates: Bauer supreme 7000's (Buying NBH Supreme One 75's in next 2 weeks :D )

Sticks: I have a few OPS Pro Stock via a family member in the NHL...Easton Synergy Elite (lidstrom-esque curve) Mission Titanium (same curve exactly as Easton Lidstrom) and RBK 7k with the grip spray on it (Open Heel Curve as well) Also have one nice old Easton AG Silvetip shaft left from long time ago when I got a dozen...100 flex currently rocking an Easton Synergy Lidstrom blade. (should never have sold off the ones I did)

Eh, never done this on here before, might as well.

Skates: Easton Synergy 800c.

Stick: Easton Synergy II w/ Sakic blade

Shins: Easton Synergy 300

Pants: Tackla Pro 5000 NHL. Plain red.

Gloves: Mission injection

Elbows: Easton Stealth S5

Helmet: CCM 1092

And Easton SP8200 Shoulders, which I got secondhand in pretty much new condition, anybody know anything about them?

Helmet- NBH 4500 w/ CCM fm480 cage. blacked out the whole combo, no logos, just my Don Sanderson "40" sticker.

Gloves- NBH Vapor XXV

Skates- NBH Vapor Shift (XXV smu)

Shoulders- Easton Xtreme (old, old model)

Shins- Sherwood 5030

Elbows- Jofa 5044 (managed to pick up on clearance just as the RBK take over started)

Pants- Mission L-7

Sticks- TPS Response R8 Afinogenov, Mission L-2 w/ Synergy II Sakic, Mission V-Hex2 w/ Synergy II Sakic, Inno 1100 Fedorov, bunch of random woodies for pond and whatnot, 3 or 4 5030s, a couple 9950s, all Coffey.

HELMET: NBH 4500 with NBH cage

GLOVES: WARRIOR Stroker / MISSION Wicked 5

SHOULDER: old school BAUER FLAK AIR love em

SHIN: BAUER Supreme

ELBOW: old school KOHO Revolution

PANTS: RBK 3K love the zipper lol

STICKS: WARRIOR Johnson shaft AK27 Blade Draper / EASTON E-Flex shaft with wood NBH blade Hossa / MISSION Fuel Z10 Rafalski / BAUER Supreme 3030 woodie / BAUER Supreme 3000 woodie

SKATES: CCM Vector 08

Edited by johnson_13

HELMET: Mission Intake with under armour visor/CCM480 cage depending on the time

GLOVES: MIA MB22 repalmed with MSH2 palms

SHOULDER: Cheap Itechs

SHIN: CCM Vector

ELBOW: old style sher-woods

PANTS: McKenney Pro Elites (i didnt know they made player pants either)

STICKS: Easton Stealth S11 heatley, Reebok Crosby, Easton Synergy ST gaborik, CCM woody Thornton

SKATES: Graf 727

HELMET: Bauer 8500 w/Oakley Pro Aviator Visor Clear

SHOULDER: CCM V10 LE

ELBOW: CCM V10 LE

PANTS: CCM V10 LE

SHIN: CCM V10 LE

GLOVES: Bauer Vapor XXX

SKATES: NikeBauer Supreme One95

STICKS: Easton Synergy SL 85 Flex RH Drury

Edited by vtaenz

Helmet: Mission Intake with Cage (can't afford dental bills)

Shoulder Pads: Sherwood Classic 5030. Light, flexible, amazing.

Elbow Pads: Bauer 10's I think. They were extremely light and flexible.

Pants: RBK 5k's

Shin Pads: Bauer 10's. Very Light. Good for taking slashes, bad for taking pucks off the leg.

Skates: Graf G35's with Custom +.

Gloves: Bottom of the line RBK's. They were cheap , light and extremely flexible. Higher end gloves were too stiff.

Sticks: TPS Response Rick Nash curve. It's a red wooden stick. I love it.

I buy my equipment based on weight, flexibility and performance. I'm not big on blocking shots or anything so I just need stuff to help me move and be quick on the ice. I felt encumbered by some of the higher end equipment, and the lower end stuff felt much better.

helmet: NBH 3500/item hs22 visor

shoulders: Tour Padded shirt

elbows: Sher Wood Classics

pants: Easton Synergy girdle/ Bauer Supreme Shell

shins: Vic Old Schools

gloves: pro-stock one95s

skates: Bauer one95s

Sticks: too many

Skates - CCM Vector ZG 130, also breaking in a pair of Vector 10's. The ZG's are disgustingly light. I don't think that the T blade edges hold up nearly as well as they claim to... have also had a hard time getting them in at times. Hate the skate noise. Very comfortable and durable. Like the Vector 10 boot a lot, but am still getting re-acquainted with the E-Pros. These are awfully light, but less so that the ZG130.

Helmet - Cascade CHx w/Cascade chrome cage. Extremely protective, but heavy and poorly-ventilated. Need it, though... about 1 head shot away from having to hang 'em up. The straps on the cage can become off-center. Prefer my old Jofa bubble cage.

Elbow pads - Jofa 9066 - dope.

Shoulders (if worn) - Jofa 8088, lightweight, good range of motion, great protection.

Pants - Bauer 5000 - great protection, feel heavy (but I don't have much to compare them to). Love the zippers on the inner thighs. Good for a fat guy.

Shins - Easton S9. Very comfortable, seem to work well.

Gloves - Ballistik cx50... really, really light, felt broken in after about 15 mins. No final word on durability, as I've only had them for one beer league season... but ok so far. Great, great feel.

Sticks - Winnwell g500 (Sakic 100) - light, great balance feels a little stiff, love it- the best out of what I currently have... the sakic clone on this one feels more open than others I've seen, so it took some getting used to..... Montreal Nitro 8500 (Euro) - classic curve, blade is really heavy... the thing is a tank, not the lightest ops, for sure (old, got a 4 on closeout). Feels like the blade is disproportionately stiff compared to the lower shaft.... still okay, though.

Also have a Fuel (Boyes), 2 TPS C4C XN10s (Sundin... just wish the lie was more upright, would be my faves, otherwise), Also have an XN10 redlite shaft and a Mission Hex1 Pro stock (Boyes 110) shaft. The XN10 redlight is an amazing shaft... fave shaft ever. Haven't really used either of the Mission twigs yet. Vapor xx Lindros 87 flex... too sticky, too whippy... but still solid.

I have not skated in 10 years and am finally getting back into the best sport in the world, it is kind of weird getting used to this new gear.

Skates: Easton SE16

Helmet: NBH 8500 w/Itech DlX visor

Elbow pads: Easton s7

Shin: old Cooper techniflex

Pants: Easton Air 4000(picked up off e-bay for $33)

Sticks: TPS Response lite Nash, and still my fav old easton ultra lite

Shoulder: Easton s5 picked up new for $35

This new gear now days is pretty awesome. I think my bag weighs half what it used to back in the day

Helmet NBH 9500 / Bauer 5000

Shoulder NBH Pro Defender sans caps

Elbow NBH Supreme One90

Gloves NBH Supreme One90

Pants Warrior Hustler

Shins NBH Supreme One90

Skates NBH Supreme One95

Sticks NBH Supreme One95 87 P106 Gagne / Warrior Dolomite 85 Draper

Hopefully come spring I'll ditch the One90 elbow and shin, end up with One95 or Hustler, pick up a 9500 cage whenever another season starts up. Also waiting for the One95 gloves to decide which pair will be my next between One95 or XXXX Pro.

Edited by t1tan

I have not skated in 10 years and am finally getting back into the best sport in the world, it is kind of weird getting used to this new gear. This new gear now days is pretty awesome. I think my bag weighs half what it used to back in the day

That's not bad... I was off the ice for 34 years! :o The current equipment is light-years nicer than what I used back then. Sticks and protective gear is so much better especially.

HelmetRBK 8k

VisorOakley Staright Cut

Chest PadsNBH Vapor XXXX

GlovesWarrior Strokers

PantsEaston Stealth S17

Shin PadsMission Fuel Shin Guards

SkatesNBH 0ne95

SticksDiddo on the 2 many too count - but my fav is Warrior Mac Daddy w/ Grip

Everyone's Favourite - Jock -Cheap Walmart one

...and Easton 700 elbow pads!

Helmet - Nike Bauer 5500, White Ear Loops/Chin Strap

Cage - CCM 480 White

Shoulder pads - Graf G707

Elbows - Nike Bauer One90

Gloves - Custom MIA MB11 - Warrior Fubar Pro Series

Pants - Nike Bauer One90 Girdle

Shins - Nike Bauer One90

Skates - Pro-Stock Easton S15 All-White - Double Stiched, re-enforced toe cap, pro white felt tongue

Helmet: Bauer 4000 w/ Itech RBEIII cage

Shoulders: Koho Revolution (bought second hand dunno too much about them)

Elbows: Easton "Extreme Catalyst" (their old)

Gloves: Bauer Vapor Velocity

Pants: Tackla 900? 951? something like that

Shins: Old Koho Shins

Jock: Nice shockdoctor compression short.. very comfy.

Skates: Easton 333

Stick: Montreal Nitro Force shaft 70 flex, Easton wood sakic blade

Picked up a CCM Vector U+ (85 flex, Ovechkin pattern) for the birthday this morning. Wow, its some stick. Played a game with it tonight and it performed well, shots felt like they rocketed off, feel was amazing, took a bit of getting used to though because of how light it feels. Looks very promising.

Also went to west side skate and stick in NYC and tried on some Eagle PPF's and X72's, looks like I know what my next hockey related purchase is going to be :P

Gloves: Pro stock NBH one90 in Gray

Shoulders: Sherwood Classics

Shins: Sherwood Classics

Elbows: Old Eastons

Pants: Franklin THT pro stock Girdle with Tackla shell

Helmet: Bauer 4000

Cage: Jofa chrome

Skates: Vector ZG130's

Sticks: NBH XXX-Lite Malkin PM9, NBH XXX-Lite St Louis PM9, NBH Endure Lindros PM88

I love the ZG130 skates. They are retarded light. As for the T-blades I really have gotten to the point where I feel extremely comfortable on them. This is coming from a person who has played on regular steel for over 15 years. I consider myself a very good skater and I do feel like the T blades give a very strong and consistant edge (and the sharpeners in my area are not very good...I used to drive 50 mins each way to get a good cut pre T blades) The only downside of these skates is that they have somewhat of a heel pitch and if you dont like that there is nothing you can do short of replacing the T blades with a set of LS2's and getting a custom rocker or shim. You really can not easily shim T blades due to the fact that the holders connect all the way down the boot and obviously they do not come in different rockers. I am a bit of a skate freak and am very very picky about my skates (used to only skate in custom bauers/tacks with heel shims and TUUKS) but I can honestly say that if you can find a pair of the ZG's in your size give them a shot no matter what level of skater you are, you may be pleasently suprised like I was. I actually went as far as to pick up another spare pair for when mine wear out (they may be getting LS2s depending on what T-Blade availability is like at the time). Also if you dont feel like the 13 hollow is biting hard enough, definately try the 11s, they are sooooo much better.

Only downsides to the skates are the noise from the T-blades and how ugly the T-blade holders look compared to conventional holders but since the blades and of course the boots do actually perform well these are minor gripes...

Edited by matix218

Broke my One95 and my vector 08 the other day. Didn't really care about breaking the 08, but i was so pissed off when i broke the one95. Both broke in the exact middle. Bought an orange ST to replace it. All of my shots are as good as before with the One95.

Helmet: Mission Intake w/Itech DX100 visor

Shins:Bauer Vapor XXV

Pants: Bauer Vapor XXV

Shoulders: Bauer 300(pretty much a 5 year old verson of the Vapor VI)

Gloves: TPS R8 Lite

Skates: CCM Vector ZG 120 w/LS2

Sticks: Mostly use the Dolo 2 piece combo though I do have 2 TPS redlight XN10's that are still kicking after 4 years.