Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bearfight

Peaches PR/Georges HR

I'm currently looking to get the palms replaced out of a new pair of gloves a friend gave me as a present - the issue is the palms are too grippy, and wrap around my stick when i handle, and provide no feeling at all.

We have a guy in the area who supposedly does good work, but he has not returned any calls, and I need my gloves done remotely soon.

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with Peaches Pro Repair (www.peachesprorepair.com) or Georges Hockey Repair (www.hockeyrepair.com) - both which I've heard mentioned in various posts - and could help me decide whether or not to go with one of the two, and also what kind of material would provide a good feel for the stick, and durability.

My previous gloves are Warrior FUBARs, which have practically no material in the palm and have awesome feel, but also chewed up my hands.

Any help is awesome! thanks in advance

i just had a pair of pro stock easton 4 roll's replamed. had Mark (peachesprorepair) do them and couldn't be happier...i have told about 10 others on my team about him and would recommend him anyday!

I'd go with Georges. They have the best reputation of any place I've ever heard of in the three states I've lived in. From what I've seen personally and by word of mouth they back up that reputation with amazing work. I've also met an equipment worker at Mariucci, and the Gopher's goalie coach tell me that they are indeed, the best.

Mark at Peaches Pro, hands down. We send out all of our repair work at the shop to him. Never gotten a complaint about his work. He's personally done my gloves twice. Turn around was one week for both pairs.

I've had good experiences at George's for repalming and skate repairs and stretching. The workmanship was top notch. I've never tried Peaches so I can't compare the two.

How was the turnaround, and price if you dont mind me asking?

also, what materials did you get?

He is in Portland, OR...im in Los Angeles...so the turnaround was about a week in all...he got the gloves..did the work and sent them back all in one day. Just got nash palms put on them...with shipping it came to 50 bucks...well worth it!

I've only ever used George's and I've been very happy. Sounds like you can't go wrong with either one.

awesome, thanks a lot for the help guys. I live out in NH, so either one will take a little while in turnaround... Just hope i can get them done before a couple showcases comin up.

thanks again!

JR, a pm coming your way.

I've actually been thinking about sending a few of my older pairs of skates out to George to see what they can do as far as re-lining them is concerned. Vapor 10s with a clarino liner would be $$$$.

Thats actually a nice thought with the vapors there. Ive been tempted to get one of my older supremes relined to use as a backup pair, and depending on whoever i end up going with may just send them out too ha.

I'm taking my Sande gloves over to George's Repair tommorow. I highly recommend the place and it has been around for a very, very long time. It is pretty much an institution here in Minnesota. The turnaround is rather quick this time of year and they've been doing this for quite some time. Very friendly staff as well.

can anyone inform me on the protocol for having peaches do some palm repairs?

i did send him an email earlier today asking for his services (i tried phoning but he was either away or busy). does he invoice once the work is finished and shipped (eg. invoice in the package with the finished product) or do you send payment with the gloves?

thanks.

If you live in Minnesota or the midwest go to George's repair. www.hockeyrepair.com

People here will not go anywhere else

The Minnesota Wild and MN Gophers use him for their repairs and their exceptional at goalie equipment as wel.

If you're on the west coast, go to Peaches. Makes sense eh?

another vote for George's. I recently had some MIA's repalmed with MSH2 and the work was outstanding. I had planned to give Peaches a try but was told that they were out of the MSH2 palm at the moment. I couldn't wait since we were between seasons and it was a group of us sending stuff up for repairs.

from the sound of it you can't go wrong with either shop.

another vote for George's. I recently had some MIA's repalmed with MSH2 and the work was outstanding. I had planned to give Peaches a try but was told that they were out of the MSH2 palm at the moment. I couldn't wait since we were between seasons and it was a group of us sending stuff up for repairs.

from the sound of it you can't go wrong with either shop.

+ 1

For what it's worth, I was talking to Mark at peaches, he has to talk with someone about whether he will be able to continue getting MSH2 for repalms, he told me to call him back on the 22nd and he'll know for sure if he can do them or not.

Mark is Peaches :)

I know, I was just differentiating the man from the name of the business, even though it is his nickname. Plus I don't know him personally so I'm not going to come on here and say "I just got off the phone with Ole Peaches, and he said..." :P

If you live in Minnesota or the midwest go to George's repair. www.hockeyrepair.com

People here will not go anywhere else

The Minnesota Wild and MN Gophers use him for their repairs and their exceptional at goalie equipment as wel.

If you're on the west coast, go to Peaches. Makes sense eh?

And if you're on the east coast?