Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Feeling super Proud Pappa today, as my daughter was named a captain(A) on her U10 Squirt travel team. It would not be so much a talent or leadership level that I questioned if she’d get the nod, I assumed there was a solid possibility. I very much thought she would fill the post well, she’s a natural leader and is one of their best players, usually the kid coaches have demonstrate drills/power skating. But being an '05, first year U10 (though she played for this team last year) & the only girl on the team, I wondered of the boys would vote her in(silent vote).

It was announced last night and she was on cloud 9, which maybe is the best part, her excitement and pride. We had a nice celebratory dinner. Now time to wear it right.

• Like 5

Picking up my Utica Comets season tickets today! Also yesterday it was confirmed that we are getting the AHL All Star game in January. Could not be more excited for hockey season this year!

• Like 2

Absolutely awesome night as I jumped on the opportunity to sharpen skates for a major D1 school tonite and tomorrow on the road also. A super experience for sure. Can't wait for the bus ride tomorrow.

• Like 3

A buddy of mine I met playing hockey 2 years ago referred me for a new job and I am in the final stages of the interview process. :)

Definitely something I am extremely grateful for regardless of how the hiring process goes.

• Like 3

One of the evaluators for our practical skills assessments (EMT-Basic) found me during lunch today to specifically tell me I was doing an excellent job and was among the best he'd seen in either class group. :biggrin: Still plenty to work on and practice of course, but it's a nice confidence booster.

• Like 3

I just got my tickets in for the Flyers Kings game on the 28th which is pretty sweet but not the reason for my post, After the game we have a men's league game on the ice at the Wells Fargo Center. Pretty pumped for my chance to play on the ice

• Like 2

It's an amazing feeling when a few things break your way all at the same time. I just hope I make the right decisions.

Got through a whole lesson without any foot pain! :biggrin: And got my first crossovers! :biggrin:

Can tell my feet are working hard and still have a ways to go before they feel solid the whole lesson but the pain is gone. Just fatigue and some very slight cramping that I think will go away as they get stronger.

I switched back to the Superfeet and re-baked them at home last night. I was super careful. Used an oven thermometer, constant monitoring, oven turned off and temp stabilized before skates put in, etc. After baking and once they had cooled on my feet for 15 minutes I tied them again when I took them off. That seems to be the secret to not having the top part flare back open. I was really conscious of fighting my pronation and keeping everything straight and centered on the blade.

I also switched to going barefoot in the skates. Just felt better that way.

• Like 2

My youngest daughter had Peewee practice last night. Sent her home for dinner.

Bantams were scrimmaging their coaches and they needed a goalie, so my 1st year Peewee ('03) kiddo came back to the rink to play in net against the '00-'01 Bantams.

She had some fantastic saves, and they only lost 3-5

I got my rookie adult program off the ground last night and we had 15 adult hockey hopefuls show up--INCLUDING MY WIFEY!

10678623_891417757536690_470242703334532

She's the cute one in the white helmet/white jersey in the 2nd row.

I'm the ugly one in the back with the white helmet and tan jersey.

I'm smart. I had a couple of the assistants coach my wife while I coached their spouses.

Edited by MThockeydad
  • Like 5

It's been a while since I've posted anything but it certainly a good one.

I had my second liver transplant on November, 7, 2014. I had a recurrence of my liver disease, that required my first transplant on 6/20/07, back in January. Once again I was very fortunate that things went the way they did.

Can't wait until I can get my life back to normal. Hopefully back to work in 5-7 months and followed by a return to the ice shortly thereafter.

The surgeons had to make the incision bigger to accommodate the new liver. A total 46 staples

2uqmbgi.jpg

• Like 7

It isn't too often you see a pic like that in the sweet spot section. Looks like Dr. Frankenstein closed you up. :cool: Get well.

This scar looks a little better than my first one. :laugh:

• Like 1