Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Rented some ice at the rink today for an hour to do a skills session with little kids. No one came to kick me off so I stayed out for an hour and a half until the not so happy ice rink people came to get me off.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Our team is half filled with guys who just learned to skate, and their team has 5-6 guys who should be in D4 (two divisions up). It's a bit ridiculous. 

this is how the one league i play in has become. these kids come home from college and jump on and the league doesn't give a shit at all. and its not like these kids are taking it easy. they could be up 8-0 and they'll still be skating like its game 7 of the cup finals and celebrating every goal like they've never scored before

• Like 1

Couple of good things happened recently..

uEBLjfT.jpg

Just got back from visiting my fiancee's family in Michigan. She must love me a lot, she was willing to let me go to Perani's for a while, even though we had a compressed schedule, people to see, and a million and one things to do up there. 

Best fiancee ever. :)

Also, I got offered a job at a construction company's shipping and receiving department. 40+ hours a week, every other Friday off, and I get my own office. 

Needless to say, life is going pretty good for me right now. 

• Like 8

I played in my first travel tournament this weekend.  We lost all 3 games by 1, but every game was very competitive and everyone in our division was well matched, just some silly puck luck.  i had a blast!

• Like 5

On 6/19/2017 at 3:52 AM, jlt73 said:

I played in my first travel tournament this weekend.  We lost all 3 games by 1, but every game was very competitive and everyone in our division was well matched, just some silly puck luck.  i had a blast!

Story of my teams summer season. We have lost the last 3 games by a score of 2-1. Been a little frustrating but having more competitive games is nice. Damn posts get in the way!

• Like 1

Won a beer mug for winning our inline championship game! Nice to see the league display a sense of humor... also got some tape, a folding allen key set, and a stick of deodorant. Haha.

20170621_233112_zpsw0dowvxp.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

That's one bad boy...

It is. I've been in an 02 Forester for 7 years. It's nice to rejoin the land of boosted AWD.

• Like 1

I bought my first house.  It had gotten to the point that it was time to quit waiting for be moved job-wise and to set down roots somewhere.

That being said, what a shitty process it is.

• Like 18

Congrats on the home, JR.

Had what I believe was my best Sunday Skate today.  Just one of those days that passes are on the tape, shots find the back of the net, pucks bounce right.  Added bonus, the guys I skate with are the best.  Hockey is such a great game.

• Like 3

Wife threw me an amazing 50th birthday party on Saturday night.  Had such a good time (until we saw the bar bill!!!! LOL).  Really thrilled that @stick9 and @Goonsquad were able to come.  I know others wanted to as well but life can really get in the way sometimes!!  Missed you and the party will continue in Toronto!  It may suck getting old, and my body may be breaking down a bit, but I feel young and its great to have so many good friends!!  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Wife threw me an amazing 50th birthday party on Saturday night.  Had such a good time (until we saw the bar bill!!!! LOL).  Really thrilled that @stick9 and @Goonsquad were able to come.  I know others wanted to as well but life can really get in the way sometimes!!  Missed you and the party will continue in Toronto!  It may suck getting old, and my body may be breaking down a bit, but I feel young and its great to have so many good friends!!  

Happy 50th birthday Dave. :smile:

I'll be sure to give you a well wishing in person

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

No @dkmiller3356, its more like thanks for being an awesome host! One of these days @stick9 will have a bagel with lox

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goonsquad said:

No @dkmiller3356, its more like thanks for being an awesome host! One of these days @stick9 will have a bagel with lox

Where I come from (New England) fish is for dinner. Raw fish is dipped in soy sauce, not covered with cream cheese and served on a bagel.

Had a good time hanging with the Millers and the rest of his extended family. Thanks again for letting us crash there.

• Like 1