Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

At last, school is over.  My written exam is tomorrow and the practical is on the 29th.  I am half between "I got this" and "oh god what if I fail". But excited to be almost there. 

• Like 4

I just got a major promotion at work.  I'm thankful that I work for an amazing company that sees the value in me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jlt73 said:

I just got a major promotion at work.  I'm thankful that I work for an amazing company that sees the value in me.

Congrats!

I'm in a similar boat. Promoted last week and received my first raise in almost a decade. I usually hop between jobs every other year or so and it's always been a "as long as I can make what I'm making now I'll take the new job". Do that enough times and you start to wonder why you never asked for more... 

• Like 3

On 6/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, badger_14 said:

At last, school is over.  My written exam is tomorrow and the practical is on the 29th.  I am half between "I got this" and "oh god what if I fail". But excited to be almost there. 

After nearly 2 solid days of panic, the results came in Monday and I passed the written.  \o/

Next stop: the practical. 

• Like 4

I'm a paramedic now!

🚑🚑🚑🚑🚑

(Though must wait on "official" word from the national registry, I have now passed both written and practical.)

• Like 8

4 hours ago, badger_14 said:

I'm a paramedic now!

🚑🚑🚑🚑🚑

(Though must wait on "official" word from the national registry, I have now passed both written and practical.)

Good onya!!!!

Bloody hell- I am in AWE of First Responders!!!!

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 1:43 PM, badger_14 said:

I'm a paramedic now!

Congratulations!  I know a guy who was a paramedic and turned it into an awesome 35+ year career.  The job can be stressful so make sure you take care of yourself and your partners.  Hopefully you'll work for a outfit that invests in their staff and has a good CISM program in place.  Good luck and go save lives!

• Like 3

On 7/11/2018 at 10:07 AM, mojo122 said:

Congratulations!  I know a guy who was a paramedic and turned it into an awesome 35+ year career.  The job can be stressful so make sure you take care of yourself and your partners.  Hopefully you'll work for a outfit that invests in their staff and has a good CISM program in place.  Good luck and go save lives!

Thank you!  The official word posted on the NREMT yesterday. 

I am fortunate to already have a good therapist of my own.  I know several of the medics at my current job and they're good folks.  A nice mix of pleasantly nuts, which I think helps survive the job. 

• Like 3

Last Sunday was the first time I participated in goal since my UC problems and resultant Illeostomy. Whilst gassed after a couple of hours, I can’t wait to hit it again this Sunday.

Don’t let something like wearing an ostomy bag stop you from living life.

• Like 5

On 7/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Last Sunday was the first time I participated in goal since my UC problems and resultant Illeostomy. Whilst gassed after a couple of hours, I can’t wait to hit it again this Sunday.

Don’t let something like wearing an ostomy bag stop you from living life.

Giving a startling new meaning to the phrase "bag skate".

• Haha 1

First time skating out in pickup since I broke my ankle in May 2016 (at least, first full session - both previous times I tried I ended up tending goal in player gear because the goalie was either injured or didn’t show up).

Scored three goals. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Jamarquan said:

I've never seen David Wright play in person before, but luckily I got a ticket to his final game at third base. 

Poor guy having to hang em up because of all his injuries. I know he had similar neck issues around the same time I had mine so I've kept tabs on his recovery, unfortunately now the lack thereof recovery. Hope at least he can heal up enough to not stop him from living a normal life.

FT coaching my middle guy this season 

The rink had a mite jamboree this weekend to kick off the season. Its kind of a cash grab, but they do bring in photographers with great gear and shoot throughout the day.

They grabbed this one of me and my boy.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoDbrYFDRB9/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edited by GreatestAmericanBeardo
  • Like 4

Got accepted into my school and course of choice. Even got offered a (partial) scholarship, but that goes a long way towards helping me finance this Master's. Going to be starting a whole new chapter of my life come January!

• Like 6