Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Played way more hockey than expected this past weekend, made it to the championship game and got silver.  Good times, great team, great fun.  

• Like 3

I’m a marginal player at best.  Somehow, bouncing puck through, I’m breaking though the neutral zone, D angles in and I move away pop the puck through, me and Goalie!  I do such a bender forehand, backhand...he’s left me half the net, I send it wide.  How do you go wide with 2’?  

Funny, we won and it was a nice move.  You don’t alway have to score, to play well.  I’m not celebrating this, but I’m not posting in the bitching area.

• Haha 1

Wow, two posts in two nights.  Guest played tonight, fun team, great guys, great locker room.  Ever get team envy...?

oh...and missed another open net.  Rebound, overthought it(raise it, is he getting back/bang it in)...currently snakebit, it’s the stick, moving to the backup.  

On 6/27/2019 at 4:54 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Started a new side business, and it’s doing decently well. 

Awesome ! What are you doing?

1 minute ago, Goonsquad said:

Awesome ! What are you doing?

Making pouches/bags/etc for backpackers and hikers. First product is a pouch made from an ultralight material with a custom printed pattern on it. It's meant for poop kits (trowel, some TP, hand sanitizer, etc.) and has the 💩 emoji printed all over it. I also have some dyneema stuff sacks and stuff I'll be listing. 

The other thing that's selling really well are softball/baseball belts. I searched for rainbow belts for pride month and couldn't find anything so I made one myself. A guy on my team suggested I put them on my store too even though they aren't really related. They've been selling like crazy! 

• Like 2

More play in goal post-op. Getting a bit of my stamina back, though penalty shots in stick and puck are particularly exhausting. Even lopsided play in your own end in goal or half-ice, single goalie play is not quite as exhausting as penalty shot after penalty shot after penalty shot. In the end, I am still having to keep in mind that I have had THREE major surgeries in eleven months and I am only three months post op. So I need to keep this in mind.

• Like 2

Somehow improving my SAT score by 130 points. A lot of schools on my list went from 'unlikely' to 'very likely'.

As an aside, I haven't been on the site in a while, hope everyone's doing well!

Edit: Went from a 1210 to a 1340 if anyone was curious

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 7

My 40 and over team had a practice last night for an upcoming tournament. A couple of guys brought their kids (PeeWee/Bantam aged) as we were short. I brought my 11 year old son. It was my first time skating with him in an adult full on scrimmage.  We had a blast. I told him I waited 11 years for this day and it was worth it.  He played great- fearless in the corners and carrying the puck up ice. Had about 10 shots, about half really good scoring chances. So much fun. 

• Like 9

I swam in 2 open water swims this weekend (a half-mile on Saturday and a 500m this morning) and claimed first place in my age division both times!  🙂  Also this morning the water was 58F so I'm frankly happy that I finished at all.  brr.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally won a game in net, and kept my GA under 4, for the first time since returning from knee injuries almost a year ago.  Not that I've played poorly, I've been playing really well.  But I just seemed to allow too many or one I could/should have stopped too often.  It was frustrating to have that happen so many times.  

• Like 2

My neurosurgeon pulled some major strings and I ended up having my surgery yesterday!  I am in for a lengthy recovery before I can get back to fun things like hockey, but I'm doing pretty well, sticking to the postop directions.  Just glad to have the pressure off the nerves at last. 

• Like 5

On 9/28/2019 at 11:17 AM, badger_14 said:

My neurosurgeon pulled some major strings and I ended up having my surgery yesterday!  I am in for a lengthy recovery before I can get back to fun things like hockey, but I'm doing pretty well, sticking to the postop directions.  Just glad to have the pressure off the nerves at last. 

Waking up after my neck surgery, that was the first thing I noticed that I didn’t have that constant nagging pain through my body. Glad to hear you’re already feeling better!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the_game said:

Waking up after my neck surgery, that was the first thing I noticed that I didn’t have that constant nagging pain through my body. Glad to hear you’re already feeling better!

Oh, yeah, not having excruciating leg pain 90% of the time is great.  I'm trying not to overdo it, but things look good so far. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

Oh, yeah, not having excruciating leg pain 90% of the time is great.  I'm trying not to overdo it, but things look good so far. 

Not sure what exactly you had done, but after my Cervical Spine surgery they had me up & walking around a ton the day after. Def don't overdo it, but I think you might be surprised when they come in and try to get to move around.

16 minutes ago, the_game said:

Not sure what exactly you had done, but after my Cervical Spine surgery they had me up & walking around a ton the day after. Def don't overdo it, but I think you might be surprised when they come in and try to get to move around.

I had a lumbar microdiscectomy.  Surgeon said light walking, nothing strenous, no bending/lifting/twisting, no driving nd he'll reevaluate at my postop visit.  I feel pretty good walking.

Howdy,

Fun day today.  My son, now 12, gave up hockey a couple years ago after giving it a year or two and it never really clicking.  His gear has been hanging around the house since.

Today we went over to visit a long time friend of my wife, whose 8 (?? I think) year old daughter has just discovered the game and is falling in love.  She's been going to learn/practices twice a week in rental/borrowed gear and LOVES it.  We took along my son's old stuff and between that, a trip to Play it Again, and a stop at Perani's her daughter is all setup.

Super cool to see how excited she was as well as how involved she was in getting gear that she liked.  If she keeps having even 1/4 as much fun and enthusiasm for the game as she showed today, she's a lifer.

Mark

• Like 4

I had my 2 week postop yesterday.  I am now allowed to drive, lift up to 15lbs, and swim (within reason).  I can even go back to some desk shifts at my gym job.  I had a nice light swim this morning, and I'm going to go see my horse buddies on Friday.  (Can't ride for another 4-6 weeks).  

• Like 2

My wife and I have been trying to start our family for 5 years now with no success. We had/needed the help of science (IVF) and we are now expecting!  We are due in March and I cannot wait to meet my little girl.

• Like 7

Howdy,

5 hours ago, jlt73 said:

My wife and I have been trying to start our family for 5 years now with no success. We had/needed the help of science (IVF) and we are now expecting!  We are due in March and I cannot wait to meet my little girl.

That's great!  Good luck!

Mark

• Like 1

Finally cleared to go back on the ambulance!  Unfortunately that means I'm working Christmas eve (7am Tuesday to 7am Wednesday).  That's OT for the 7 Christmas hours, which is nice, but also means I miss my church's Christmas eve service. 😞 I haven't missed it since before I joined the choir, so I'm feeling a bit down about it.  

On the other hand, I'm performing a solo at the solstice service and was told to costume myself "as festively as possible", so I'm tremendously excited for Saturday.

With approval of the physical therapist, I got back to the ice today for about a half hour and took a few shots.  Felt surprisingly good for not having skated in 4 months, though my stamina is absolute pants. 

• Like 3