Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I just ordered a 2 keg conversion kit for a spare fridge I am picking up on saturday. Which means no more bottling homebrew, and always having 2 kegs of cold delicious beer on hand any time I like.

I also went almost 2 seasons without getting a goal in hockey (scored when I started playing, in the novice league, the rink got rid of novice league so I had been the very weak link on C1 for 2 season), and I currently have 3 goals in my past 3 games, 2 on the power play, and riding a 6 game point streak overall.

So, it's all good for me for now

Co-ed??

nay not much of a party at my school...its all blacks/mainland chinese...there's probably like 12 white people but their all younger than me by loads

Co-ed??

Haha yeah it was a good ratio

I think he would post in the venting thread if it was all guys.

Yup it would have definately been adding that to the venting thread if it was all guys.

Today is a special day in my life. Two years ago today I received the gift of life. I had a living donor liver transplant.

I have been blessed to be able to enjoy the things a lot of people may take for granted.

You always hear people who come close to death and say it changes there life, but you really can't describe what it's like.

My wife will sometimes tell me things from when I was very sick in the months before my transplant. My doctors told her that I may not make it and to be prepared to talk to my daughter. In May of 07 I couldn't focus enough to dial a phone or read. At the time I never really realized how sick I was, but when hearing stuff like that I now know how lucky I am. In the last couple of years I try to enjoy the little things that I may not have normally. I remember taking my daughter to her first movie. I remember playing with my daughter and running for the first time. And then being so exhausted that I couldn't imagine how I was going to be able to play hockey again. I returned to work about five months after my transplant.

Then six months and three days after the surgery I got back on the ice. I can still remember the ride to the rink, getting dressed, and skating that first lap around the ice. When I walked into the locker room that night there was a guy that I had skated with for five or six years in my pickup group. He says to me "Where the hell have you been?" I told him a had a liver transplant and he says "That's it?". It still makes me laugh when I think about it. As much as I missed playing hockey it was the friends I skate with that I missed the most.

Whenever I have a bad day or I am bummed about something I try and take a deep breath and remember that I shouldn't even be here.

• Like 1

For all the crap and sillyness we tend to put in our signatures or post on FB or whatever...THIS is an amzing statement:

Whenever I have a bad day or I am bummed about something I try and take a deep breath and remember that I shouldn't even be here.

Thanks for the perspective!

I turn 18 on Friday! Since the drinking age in New Zealand is 18 it's probably the equivalent to turning 21 in the US or Canada.

Plus, my parents are buying me X:60's for my birthday, can't wait to be one of few in NZ to rock 'em.

Playing hockey with my young ladies.

I've coached them for six years, but had only played a game once before. Someone organized a skate to raise money for breast cancer research, so the kids were able to play with the adults. It was fun trying to set them up, although it was obvious they were intimidated by the speed, since it took half-an-hour before we could convince them to try to join the rush with us.

Thanks for putting everything in perspective...

every morning before i leave for work, i lean over to kiss my 5 year old son... sometimes it wakes him up, and he sleepily says 'i love you dad, have a good day at work'.... makes me want to just sleep in.

I turn 18 on Friday! Since the drinking age in New Zealand is 18 it's probably the equivalent to turning 21 in the US or Canada.

Plus, my parents are buying me X:60's for my birthday, can't wait to be one of few in NZ to rock 'em.

Happy Birthday!

How big is hockey over there in New Zealand?

I've coached them for six years, but had only played a game once before. Someone organized a skate to raise money for breast cancer research, so the kids were able to play with the adults. It was fun trying to set them up, although it was obvious they were intimidated by the speed, since it took half-an-hour before we could convince them to try to join the rush with us.

And, before you know it, you will all be playing in a parents - kids game and they will be zipping by you, waiting for you to catch up so they can set you up.

Or they could be like my kid, playing on the other team and telling me that I suck.

Found my required lab, will be graduating. Today is my last day of high school.

Dressed like a gansta to school, found my dad's old massive boom box in my garage. Made a quick tape (yes, tape) of Beastie Boys, Run DMC, LL Cool J, and the like and have been carrying it in the halls between classes. Got a couple spontaneous dance parties going. Having a ton of fun.

Never wanted to redo anything H School related....until I read that. You sir are a gang-star! ;)

And, before you know it, you will all be playing in a parents - kids game and they will be zipping by you, waiting for you to catch up so they can set you up.

Or they could be like my kid, playing on the other team and telling me that I suck.

The funny thing is most of the kids on the other team were about 14-16, which made them too good to not play all out, yet, at the same time, too small to play all out. It was actually somewhat frustrating initially, because we tried to hold back at the start to avoid hurting any of them, but they kept stealing it from us as we played at three-fourths speed.

After that, the war was on!

This morning I woke up, went outside in the street to shoot for the first time this summer, and found a milk crate full of pucks from an anonymous doner sitting under my net! The best part is I was just about to buy pucks!

Edited by mxihockey

My adult league hockey team is now in sole possesion of first place. Last February we were the new team in the C2 league, and the only games we won were against the team that was 0-37 before we got there. Last night we beat the team we were tied for first with 7-1. We absolutely destroyed them offensively and shut them down defensively. Our goalie said he wanted to order wings and beer he was so bored. On top of that I scored two goals (even better because I am a defenseman). One a coast to coast and one a nice shot from the point. Feeling great today :)

AND I am leaving tomorrow for Boston to see my wife and 2 daughters (3yrs and 3 months old) after 2-1/2 weeks! She is a teacher and has the summer off, and went to Boston on vacation with the girls to her parents house. I had to stay due to a blackout at work as we are converting an entire national bank into an even bigger one. I miss my girls and am psyched to see them :)

Edited by eric42434224

Happy Birthday!

How big is hockey over there in New Zealand?

Cheers mate!

Hockey isn't that big here, we are still very much a minor sport. But it's grown alot in the last couple of years, we have media covering our national league now (the NZIHL),

and since we held the div III mens world champs here in March, and won that as the host nation that really helped it grow. Some really good progress here.

sounds good...went to new zealand couple years back...beautiful country, absolutely breathtaking

Yep, that's what were known best for!

Where abouts did you go? Where was your favourite?

oh man i don't remember...went back and forth north and south...remember we stayed in auckland the most, i was so psyched back then coz there was a gamesworkshop and it was cheaper than hong kong lol

Did a duathlon for the first time yesterday morning and had no pain or numbness in my knee like I did after my first surgery. Before when I would run my knee would gradually go numb from the screws in there. The duathlon was a blast! Sore, sunburnt and happy.. life is good. = )