Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

New twig and my skates came in today. Saw Dream Theater and Iron Maiden on Sunday. 6th time for Dream Theater, 1st for Maiden. God damn does Maiden put on an amazing show. Bruce Dickenson is a madman on stage.

Shame you had to wait this long to see Maiden, best band to see live of ANY band :biggrin:

Shame you had to wait this long to see Maiden, best band to see live of ANY band :biggrin:

A buddy of mine went in Toronto a few weeks back. He said they don't do many of the "classic" IM hits. I'd be pissed if I went to see them and they didn't do "Run to the Hills"

A buddy of mine went in Toronto a few weeks back. He said they don't do many of the "classic" IM hits. I'd be pissed if I went to see them and they didn't do "Run to the Hills"

I saw them twice, the first time I saw them played the entire Matter of Life and Death album and only 3 classics, a bit of a bummer but a good show regardless. The other time I saw them they were touring the tour (forget the name) where it was all classic songs, bes concert of my life so far.

Pretty sweet week I have going:

Sun: Golfed in the afternoon, hockey at night

Mon: Hockey

Tonight: Baseball then hockey

WEd: I took it off...because there is a good chance I won't be able to get out of bed Wed AM. *L*

They did not play Run to the Hills. Or too much of their older stuff other than The Wicker Man (not a classic but they have been opening up with it for the last 10 years), Wrathchild, Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Fear Of The Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Running Free. The rest of the set was a lot of the newer stuff. Missing a lot of the classics but, it was a damn good show. I Really would have loved to see Aces High, The Trooper, Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, 2 Minutes To Midnight and The Flight Of Icarus but ohh well.

Its not like I waited too long...only 19 years to see Maiden haha.

Dream Theater only played for 55 minutes, only some of their heavier stuff. As I Am, A Rite Of Passage, Home, Panic Attack, Constant Motion, Pull Me Under. A semi-solid set for how short of time they played. Pretty sure Maiden fans would have rather herd Honor Thy Father or just about anything off of Train Of Thought over A Rite Of Passage though.

Edited by Slapshot9123

Pretty sweet week I have going:

Sun: Golfed in the afternoon, hockey at night

Mon: Hockey

Tonight: Baseball then hockey

WEd: I took it off...because there is a good chance I won't be able to get out of bed Wed AM. *L*

Add 2 more baseball games tonight, subbing on a buddy's team...and a practice with my other team tomorrow. So much for that day off to recover *L*

3rd place at a local crit, that is good news. Great news is that someone did not hold their line and ran me off the road into a ditch, pedaled through a ditch and still hung onto the group. Few months ago I would have been picking bike parts and myself off the ground.

Pending a successful inspection on Friday morning. Looks like i just bought my first house...! SO EXCITED. First order of business: Where to put the synthetic ice...

Everywhere

went for lunch and accidentally left my back windows open in the car with all my gear alongside with someone else's. LUCKILY no sticks or anything was stolen. YAYyyy! lol

got a new job at the new hockey monkey location in NJ. Cant wait to start

Nice man. If it wasn't so far from my place i'd try to apply. Good for you though. Whats good with that employee discount

Found an XN10 in my utility room...forgot I had it, probably only used it once, not a mark on it. I was actually going to buy a new stick this weekend too, I guess I'll have to get some gloves instead :)

Today's my birthday! and wednesday, my sister's dance team came home national champions. That oughta bring some recognition to our small town. That having been said, we both got iPods to celebrate. I got the black classic and she got the blue 8g nano.

went for lunch and accidentally left my back windows open in the car with all my gear alongside with someone else's. LUCKILY no sticks or anything was stolen. YAYyyy! lol

I went about 16 hours like that from last night to today. Forgot to put my windows up, walked outside this morning and everything was still there.

My friend is awake and doing well so faraccording to the doctors. He'll be out of the hospital by tonight hopefully

Good ER staff to diagnose him so quickly... and good luck to him.

Thanks. He's doing well and is actually feeling better than he had before the accident. He said to me thy he was sick before the drop in so he probably had appendicitis and the jolt caused it to rupture. The doctor said once he can handle a regular diet he is ready to skate. Only bad thing is I'm not going to TSR now, but I couldn't have let my friend be alone this whole time. They're shooting for 7 a clock tonight getting him home.

Just came back from the BC summer games, One of the best times of my life. Soo many new people, I hope I never forget. Plus I get new shin pads this week. AND HOCKEY CAMP NEXT WEEK!!! YAY I'M BACK ON ICE!!!

Just moved from my home in New Zealand to my new home in Nahant, Massachusetts. Made the decision to move here to live with family and pursue the dream of college hockey!