Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I don't really know if I should be putting this here or in The Venting Spot; but since I've got myself a pretty awesome amount of entertainment out of this, I guess I'll leave it here....:

Conspiracy theorists are always good for a laugh. Got sucked into watching a(nother) B.S. 2012 "Doom and Gloom"-type program on the History Channel today (same old craziness, mostly). Anyways - one of the hippies in the show started talking about strange things seen at the Denver airport and possible alternate purposes for the property in the future. Now, I'm a curious individual, so I've been doing some reading-up on some of this stuff since I got home a couple hours ago and have to admit, I've been kind of fascinated: the claims that some of these lunatics make have me wondering how some people are able to function in our society. I've literally laughed out-loud at a few of the things I've read this evening. I guess some people can convince themselves of just about anything...so long as it helps them feel smarter than the rest of the population while supporting their half-baked "anti-establishment" positions.

Many of them eke out a living as tenured professors. Then they ask someone to edit their memoirs, and the crazy is in black and white, with a little red pen for emphasis.

After not getting on the ice but twice in two months, wife has been in and out of the hospital for a while now, I got to warm up a bit at stick n puck. A few of my slappers got oohs and aahs from a couple decent players. Oh, and it's fun to scare goalies.

Edited by gxc999

hey gxc, hope the missus gets better soon.

Got a call last week to play on the state team for Nationals... looks like I'm playing out for my age category, and backup tender for Vets...

After 13 months of searching I finally got a job that uses my degree. It's about damn time.

I guess my 4 months of living at home are not that bad. Congrats on the job.

hey gxc, hope the missus gets better soon.

Got a call last week to play on the state team for Nationals... looks like I'm playing out for my age category, and backup tender for Vets...

Thanks and congrats on playing for state. Go out there and show them what MSH'ers can do!

Our team was able to overcome a 3-1 deficit after the first half (roller game) to win 6-4. We were playing an undefeated team, who hasn't lost (won the 'ship every session) since they came into the league three sessions ago. Awesome.

Rained a bit this morning, but was still able to play golf. Front 9 was rough, but I pulled it together and shot a 39 on the back. 6 pars 3 bogeys. Missed 2 birdie putts, so it could have been better, but one of my best 9 holes ever.

Edited by Race4LastPlace

Got on the ice again. My skating sucks but my stick handling is still there. And despite not being able to buy any new gear for several months, truth is, I really don't want to. Hell, I didn't need 40 sticks and 15 pair of gloves. It's just stuff I didn't use, sitting there, taking up space. Just another fixation I don't need.

I'm close to return to the ice. If all goes well with some "home made" tests tonight, I should hit the ice on Friday. Be off the ice for about 10 weeks now. First was a shoulder injury that sidelined me for a couple of weeks then a freak accident with a mitter saw that has sidelined me for 8 weeks now due to some complications along the way. I'm still going to be slow but hope that my hockey sense, shot and passing will also show up at the rink when I'm there lol

One of my best friends in goal at an informal "Lightning"(Richards, Kuba and Meszaros are also there) practice.

Via the Lightning FB page:

47881_424951992818_88033107818_5037611_8292933_n.jpg

Edited by TBLfan

Arrived back in CT for school, went to a new LHS I never went to before to fix a few skate problems and an hour later, had my skates fitting perfect with no pain and a new pair of Bauer Pro 4 Rolls in Navy

Coached my first two games today, really happy. First game the team came back from a 4-1 deficit, second game we won 6-3. Totally looking forward to tomorrow and the new season.

[Clarkson flipping the Robin Reliant]

Quite possibly one of their best bits since the peel p50. and that is saying a lot.

anyway, got the cast off tuesday, and halfway to getting back on the ice! shooting for halloween.