Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Today I want to the Monkey Sports store In Woodbridge NJ to get my skates profiled to a 9 foot radius. The guy came up to me and told me that he totally screwed up one of the LS 2.1 Blades on skate. So he replaced the LS 2.1's with Light Speed Fusion blades for free. I got upgraded Steel for free just because he made a mistake. It was awesome. He did a good job profiling them too. Very cool guy.

(I kept the one good LS 2.1 blade)

Today I want to the Monkey Sports store In Woodbridge NJ to get my skates profiled to a 9 foot radius. The guy came up to me and told me that he totally screwed up one of the LS 2.1 Blades on skate. So he replaced the LS 2.1's with Light Speed Fusion blades for free. I got upgraded Steel for free just because he made a mistake. It was awesome. He did a good job profiling them too. Very cool guy.

(I kept the one good LS 2.1 blade)

I was in there yesterday, and was watching one of them sharpen skates. What I saw and heard was just DREADFUL. I know I can never go there for a skate sharpening now....

I was in there yesterday, and was watching one of them sharpen skates. What I saw and heard was just DREADFUL. I know I can never go there for a skate sharpening now....

Large stores like that HM and Pure Hockey are mostly good for product purchases that you know. I was in there on the opening and it deff not a place I would go to get skates fitted or sharpened unless you find the right person

I don't know man, this guy knew what he was doing. He was showing me how he got the forward pitch that one, asked me about the hollow I wanted. Looks like he did a good job. I'll skate on them tomorrow so we'll see.

I don't know man, this guy knew what he was doing. He was showing me how he got the forward pitch that one, asked me about the hollow I wanted. Looks like he did a good job. I'll skate on them tomorrow so we'll see.

Then it sounds like the kid I was watching might have been just learning. But it was really bad.

Saw Drew Barrymore at a place I eat breakfast at last week and then at Starbucks on my way to work today. At this rate we're going to be married for three days.

Got invited to go out to an tryout/practice for A. Not too high level, but it'll be cool to try anyways even though there's only 2 spots open. But having to play forward instead of defense will be kinda weird.

Got called up a few weeks ago to represent state again this year at Nationals... filled with excitement to play in Masters (30-40 yrs) and Vets (over 40)... Vets I had to get special dispensation to play as a backup tender.

So far in Vets, I've havent had to play yet, but being on the bench with my buds is fun enough.

As for Masters... 2 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tied game in the preliminaries... The loss going to QUeensland as we screwed up our lines to self destruction. We were seeded to play them again in the Semis, and hammered 7 past them in a great win. We got knocked out today by Tasmania in a really good game.

HIghlights of the tournament for me:

- being able to finish a hard body check (even though it resulted in a penalty)

- blocking a LOT of shots

- setting up a goal with a nice one time feed into the centre

- sliding to block a shot that hit me hard enough to go down to the other end, ending up with a breakaway for us that my buddy missed... obviously the crowd could hear me chirping him the rest of the game from that miss

- blocking a cleared pass with my hand, setting the puck down, looking at the clock, then setting up the slapper from centre faceoff circle and on target. Goalie had it saved though.

- getting to play with my buddies again...

- clearing the puck that had me hit the boards hard head first, and thanking myself for buying a M11 helmet.

- getting credited by the under 11's kids that I helped to coach... somehow just make me feel like a hero

- buddy of mine giving me massive credit... when the kids asked me what position I played, he said I was a 'superstar defenceman, goalie, shot blocker and setup man'

- getting to meet and know some of the best hockey chicks around! my offers of free back rubs and massages are still valid!

thanks for the fun times... Vets Gold Medal Game tomorrow... would go nice with the Bronze for Masters (should have gotten the Gold) and the Masters Gold I got last year.

Edited by fatwabbit

Got invited to go out to an tryout/practice for A. Not too high level, but it'll be cool to try anyways even though there's only 2 spots open. But having to play forward instead of defense will be kinda weird.

Be ready with the standard first line from every player who moves from defense to forward, "Man, you get a lot more tired playing forward."

Be ready with the standard first line from every player who moves from defense to forward, "Man, you get a lot more tired playing forward."

Well, this is a first that I've actually had 2 worthy sweet spots in one day. At the practice, was unfortunately told that I was still too "defensive" but in my defense, the other forwards were pretty brutal backchecking. Had a game right after, played well, but got taken down on a breakaway without a penalty and fanned on a one-timer that could've been the tying goal(5-4). What makes this day great? I found an Easton Stealth CNT at my rink brand new. I even took the time to ask around if others owned the stick. Sent an email this weekend, if all goes well I got a new stick. :biggrin:

This is a video of one of the games I played in last week... I was surprised that they asked me to play on the PK, 3 blocked shots (one with the glove) on that one shift. At the end of the game, I had about 8 blocked shots, 3 of them using the glove. Give me some comments on my skating... going to work on it more this year, along with trying to carry the puck up more instead of dumping it when on the PK.

Btw, I'm the one with the silver helmet and red gloves.

Edited by fatwabbit

Congratulations!

Just don't accept too quickly -- my wife made that mistake, and now she has no ability to dangle me. :) Keep him hanging just long enough...

Side-post: wrapping up an absolutely enormous grant application that will keep me in socks, books, and sticks for the next three years, no matter what. It's the academic equivalent of the NFL's 'guaranteed money.' Potentially epic 'Sweet Spot' post to come in a few months.