Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I friggin loved my 11" MBA when I was traveling a lot! Switched to 13" RMBP though.

Really hoping the rumors of a 12" RMBA are accurate, I'll buy one the day its announced!

I friggin loved my 11" MBA when I was traveling a lot! Switched to 13" RMBP though.

Really hoping the rumors of a 12" RMBA are accurate, I'll buy one the day its announced!

The rMBP was nice, but was out of my price range. Now that I have the 11", I am preferring it to the 13". I can't get over how light and thin it is.

Although it's always hard to lose the final game,

Huge congratulations to team Finland for the WC silver, especially with 15 national rookies! No one expected anything from these guys, but they proved everybody wrong.

2014 has been awesome for Finnish hockey, and I'm proud of all these kids and old timers and their unbelievable humbleness and dedication to teamwork.

Let's look at the achievements this year:

-WJC gold

-Olympic bronze

-WC silver

Not too bad for a country with population of 5,5 million.

Each of these with a total underdog team in every tournament. Juniors weren't expected to even make it to the quarter final round, Olympic team lost 3 top centers (Koivu and Filppula before and Barkov during the tournament) and the WC team was supposed to be one of the worst in ages.

• Like 3

15d9qnb.jpg

So after 6 years of trading in guitars one after another trying to find my "soulmate" in a guitar and failing miserably, I thought it was time I just built my "main guitar".

My new baby. I chose to paint it as a modified replica of Jimi Hendrix' Monterey Pop Strat as that was the first guitar I've ever wanted as a kid.

Originally a John Mayer Stratocaster (I love his music, and the neck on the strat was bloody gorgeous) with a Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard, and Alder Body.

Repainted with Nitrocellulose lacquer (the detailing is nail polish like Hendrix used on the original).

The hardware is all brand new, Vintage-style. The tuners are vintage locking Gotoh tuners.

The pickups are the kicker. I handwound them myself with the help of a luthier here in Vancouver, with the specs based off of the Klein Jazzy Cats. It's scatterwound with formvar wire.

The electronics are vintage-style Caps and Pots, with cloth wire connecting everything.

Took me about a month to put together. It's my new soulmate in a guitar. <3

• Like 4

15d9qnb.jpg

So after 6 years of trading in guitars one after another trying to find my "soulmate" in a guitar and failing miserably, I thought it was time I just built my "main guitar".

My new baby. I chose to paint it as a modified replica of Jimi Hendrix' Monterey Pop Strat as that was the first guitar I've ever wanted as a kid.

Originally a John Mayer Stratocaster (I love his music, and the neck on the strat was bloody gorgeous) with a Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard, and Alder Body.

Repainted with Nitrocellulose lacquer (the detailing is nail polish like Hendrix used on the original).

The hardware is all brand new, Vintage-style. The tuners are vintage locking Gotoh tuners.

The pickups are the kicker. I handwound them myself with the help of a luthier here in Vancouver, with the specs based off of the Klein Jazzy Cats. It's scatterwound with formvar wire.

The electronics are vintage-style Caps and Pots, with cloth wire connecting everything.

Took me about a month to put together. It's my new soulmate in a guitar. <3

Crikey!!!

Ok, so you weren't the guy wearing a Leafs jersey banging on the glass. :wink:

Hahaha this guy? I laughed so hard when the Leafs twitter account posted it.

a9e6usyp.jpg

It's been over four years since I was able to ride the bus (and walk more than a 1/2 mile or so) without some kind of anti-anxiety med, and yet that is exactly what I did today (20 minutes on the bus and 2 miles of walking, roundtrip to my dogwalking job). This has been a really, really good spring. :biggrin:

• Like 3

My figure skating coach has said how far I came after she took me on. I am actually thinking of figure skating to help me get better on ice!!!!!

I coached my daughters' volleyball teams through April after their hockey season and my hockey league were over.

The next town still has ice in, and my youngest daughter and I jumped into a "Power Skating for Hockey Players" class put on by the local figure skating coach. I can definitely say it was well worth the $13/session. Hockey players think about the opposing team, setting up plays, the blue line, shifting, puck handling...and skating. Figure skaters only focus on skating and don't wear pads to do it, go figure they're better skaters.

• Like 4

Kid in the game I was umping today got hit by a line drive in the face today...

he was fine. Got right back up and just sat on the bench.

So happy somebody finally did some investigative journalism into the reasons my previous employer collapsed. I had to keep quiet for fear of being sued, but now it's all been published by a reputable source. Absolutely made my day, and I dearly hope the crooks that made it happen never see another dime in the industry :)

http://www.crn.com/news/networking/300073064/in-the-shadows-the-rise-and-fall-of-torrey-point.htm

Edited by OptimusReim

Its AMAZING what a new hairstyle can do for your self-confidence. Went with something completely different than I normally get today (It's been a process in the making). Not TWENTY minutes after getting it done, I received 2 compliments from strangers. Plenty of smiles from the ladies as I was walking by too :cool: .

My day is made.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 4

My mother finally got a surgery date (ovarian cancer, tumor needs to be evicted). Worried, of course, but glad her doctors think she's healthy enough to give it a shot.

• Like 2

My mother finally got a surgery date (ovarian cancer, tumor needs to be evicted). Worried, of course, but glad her doctors think she's healthy enough to give it a shot.

Praying for your mum, matey!!!!

Its AMAZING what a new hairstyle can do for your self-confidence. Went with something completely different than I normally get today (It's been a process in the making). Not TWENTY minutes after getting it done, I received 2 compliments from strangers. Plenty of smiles from the ladies as I was walking by too :cool: .

My day is made.

Having been a hair dresser for the last quarter of a century- a new do will make you jump faster, turn quicker, and make you spray more snow each stop!!!!

Enjoy the new found freedom, matey!!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Latest sweet spot posting-

Power skating lessons are working a BLOODY TREAT!!!!! There is a bloke who has been cursing himself for my ability to push him off of the play and win the battle in the corner. Yeah- a kitten would laugh at my shot, but I still can win the corner battles like I did back in the day!!!! Yay me!!!!!!!

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 3

I can put this in the sweet spot, because it all ended well.

First national tournament roller hockey game with kovalchuk71 and the Alkali Assault...took a high stick that put us on the power play, which we eventually scored on to end the game 8-0. Had a goal myself as well, and didn't lose any teeth in the process! First time being hit in five or six years of wearing a visor, but, needless to say, going to work tomorrow to buy a cage.

10501753_10202373234115449_3108435047433

Last week was at my Uncles memorial, but it belongs in here as he was extremely fun loving and the events matched that. Met his husbands family for the first time, who are all awesome and manged to reconcile with my dad at the same time.

Although it was very hot & humid in Key West a great time was had by all and we now have family on this side of the Atlantic, although in the US.

Also to top things off when we got back my fantastic neighbour, who was looking after the cat, got my book signed (nice to say welcome, although we've been here nearly 2 years :tongue: ). Well worth the bottle of rum we brought back for him :smile:

SmjRnDN.jpg?1

• Like 1

Yeah- I kvetched about a clapper in my numbers; but the sweet spot is that working on my shot in the back garden is starting to pay off despite it being with light inline pucks. I am finally learning how to shoot with composite sticks. When I hear a positive "thunk" on the goaler's pads, I know that something is happening with that puck...

• Like 1