Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Felt "normal" skating tonight for the first time since last December. My hands aren't there and my legs aren't there and my lungs certainly aren't there, but for the first time in a long time, my head is there. Played well positionally, had an assist and a couple great passes. The only goal against me was off the faceoff and it wasn't my man. :facepalm: Can't wait to get back in shape and be a productive teammate again.

• Like 4

Highlight reel hit in pick up today. I didn't even intend on making a hit, but this cat was trying hard for the net and I was going to try to deter him. I would have preferred a clean poke check. His head was down, and I stood my ground. A collective " oh shit!!!" and taps on my benches dashers resulted. We were both down, but he was flat on his ass and I was up before him. I extended a hand for him; sportsmanship can be extended after a clean hit.

My game improved afterwards; as far as the young man I hit, his head was nowhere near the game for the remaining time. Poor bastard.

Edited by bunnyman666

Not sure laying a guy out in pickup is something to be proud of.

Not quite proud of it, but not hating it either. As I had said before, I would have preferred to strip him clean of the puck with minimal contact. He was going full speed ahead with his head down.

Normally, he is pretty cocky. He turns it up to 11 most days.

Edited by bunnyman666

Not quite proud of it, but not hating it either.

You're so "Not quite proud of it" that you had to post it on the internet in the "sweet spot" topic?

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on that. You were bragging about drilling someone in a pickup game, again.

• Like 2

wow, you rocked a young man with his head down in pickup... if only you had video of it so others could see just how awesome you are!

either you did it intentionally, which is a dick move and doesnt need to be bragged about on a public forum, or it was unintentional, and also doesnt need to be bragged about in a public forum. Calling it highlight reel makes it seem like the first.

• Like 1

Let's lighten the mood, eh?

Did another mod/build for an uncle of mine - he was looking to get into guitar and wanted to spend 300 dollars on a guitar he wasn't gonna be happy with. Was an SRV lover for years (The guy's in his 50s) so I decided to piece together an SRV Strat without the relicwork. Cost me about 150 in parts. CNC'd a Fender body out of Ash at my bud's luthier shop, and picked up a Squier Bullet neck for a tenner off his bud. Gorgeous sounding beginner guitar, with handwound (my work) CS69-spec pickups in there. For 150 bucks, it's quite the beaut.

jv40oo.jpg10539ck.jpg2l9iq36.jpg

I'm also midway through a Stratocaster Relic Build at the moment. Stay tuned!

Currently in my collection:

2012 John Mayer Stratocaster in Monterey Pop finish

Blueridge BR-143

2010 Martin OMJM

1997 Gibson Lucille

2010 Gibson Les Paul Traditional

• Like 2

Had some great news last night.

Apparently the league director has a whole bunch of guys in his beginner classes that want to make the jump to league play this fall, but many of them do not want to play in our D6 because we have a lot of guys who could probably easily keep up on a D4 team. So he's decided to make the minimum level for ALL experienced players to be Div 5, and you aren't allowed in D6 unless you have less than 5 years experience. Period. So he basically submitted a list of players from every team that have to move up.

This is awesome for many reasons. First, my name was on the list. While I appreciate the compliment, I think I'll be staying down. I meet the criteria (only been playing for 3 years) and am definitely not good enough to go up. Or maybe I should move up anyway since playing with complete noobs is not going to make me a better player (no offense to the noobs!). Its kind of irrelevant since I don't plan on playing there anymore anyway, though.

Second, it obviously means the new guys just starting to learn to play have a safe place to play without getting stripped of the puck every two seconds by the D4 guys playing two levels down. This doesn't affect me I guess, but still a good thing for the league.

Finally, our current teams goalie is VERY new to the position. He's been playing for only a year (and has gotten pretty decent in that time). But he's not good enough to move up, but that's where all his friends are going to be now. Turns out, he lives a whole hell of a lot closer to the new Carlsbad rink opening up and was totally interested in playing there. I told him I was trying to get a team together, and he said he'd be down for that depending on details. So... we may have a goalie!

Here it is. My hand-built relic. I've been working on it for upwards of two months now. Cost me about 1400 to build and paint, all genuine Fender hardware, Body from Warmoth and a Neck from a luthier friend. AAA Flamed Maple, Gorgeously grained Alder, and Rosewood fingerboard (I believe it's Madagascar). The pickups are hand-wound by yours-truly. Nitrocellulose paint stripped and relic'd.

It's a replica of the John Cruz-Masterbuilt Stratocaster that John Mayer owns, with a few personal touches. Fender Waterslide Decals and a Fender Custom Shop neckplate I found at a pawnshop.

o59hqq.jpg2w6dusm.jpg

24mzvyb.jpg2m3o3rp.jpg

2usu45z.jpgrctuh5.jpg

20zb8lt.jpg

It sounds absolutely gorgeous. And the flame maple is to die for. Completely iridescent.

Edited by syinx
  • Like 3

Scored Warrior Covert DT2 gloves on Amazon for my wifey and oldest daughter for $20/ea, and Easton EQ50 skates for my wifey and youngest daughter for $40/ea.

The checkbook isn't hurting too badly this early in the season! :lol:

There isn't much I need for my own gear this season (is that sacrilegious to say on this site?--I'm sure I'll buy something!)

• Like 1

Had a gear dump yesterday, some nice stuff(for my son). Mostly just practice gear, bags, gloves, warm-ups, swag type stuff. Still more to come, but this was fun to go through. Off to training camp today(on a bus for 9 hours) in fact Ive been getting texts as they travel. Apparently he(all the new guys) have already been signed Rookie Duties from the coaches, which include transportation of speakers, skate sharpener, tape boxes, water bottles and pucks to and from every practice. Fun last 2 days.

UtahHockey1_zps6694b31c.jpg

UtahHockey2_zps0bf6ada3.jpg

• Like 4

I made a prediction that every Cleveland team will win a Championship in the next five years when the Cavs signed Lebron. Well today, The cavs officially got Love.

and

Cleveland's Arena football team is in the championship, my prediction is starting today lol

Tired from an all nightwear at work. Wife mowing the lawn. The small things they do are sweet!

"all nightwear" -- You sound tired, all right.

At my first officials seminar. Pretty cool so far. Shane Heyer is here and apparently lives right near me.

Dear lord that was so much harder than I was expecting. The skating backwards (which I already can't really do) around all the circles was brutal. I almost bailed out at that point, but stuck around.

Little things like dropping the puck are so much more difficult than they appear. At least I did well on the game scenarios (icing and off-sides).

I asked the guy if my skating is going to screw me, and he's like "No, you're a level 1, you're here to find out what you need to work on. Don't worry about it!"

Already passed the online exam the other day, and completed the online level 1 curriculum last night. Just have to do that god awful Safe Sport stuff and I'm done.

Been a fun weekend! LM('96)had a great time at University of Utah training camp, the LO('05) had a great tryout with her U12 girls team & her U11 Soccer won their first game in the Fall Premier League.

So ready for regular hockey season... Let's travel!

LO will play with the U10 boys and U12 girls.

Edited by EJB
  • Like 1

Applied for a job at a local refinery(along with 2000 other people) Made it through the two rounds of testing. I'm one of 30 face to face interviews for 15-20 positions.

• Like 3

Finally got a chance to get on the ice again after two months off, and wasn't quite as terrible as I thought I'd be. Just a respectable amount of rust.

• Like 2