Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Excited to have a Two Hockey day - coaching the munchkins in the morning, followed by attending the Boston Pride home opener in the afternoon. Great time at both. Nana Fujimoto, the Riveters' goalie, looked like she could've stopped a battleship by the end of it.

• Like 1

The Avs won @ NYR, my son's ACHA West #2 Skatin' Utes went on the road and beat #3 Utah State 5-2, I played(lost, but it was a fun game, I'm beat) & I'm headed to Jackson Hole.... Life could be worse.

• Like 1

My car was involved in a hit-and-run this morning (right out front of my house too). That's more of a venting spot issue, but fortunately, it turns to a sweet spot moment. Fortunately, I have awesome neighbors, and one who happened to see the oil truck driving away from the scene and relayed that info to us. Police found the guy in just over two hours, and thankfully I have awesome insurance which will take care of the whole thing for me.

And for the meantime, I get to drive around in some American-made for a change (I've been a Honda guy since I started driving).

12107824_10205210985217453_9206800060592

#BeastMode

My daughters 12U girls team went to Steamboat, Colorado to play in the Adele Dombrowski Tournament. Undefeated tournament champions. My daughter didn't have a bad run either, netting 13 goals in 4 games. Fun weekend!

image_zpsolbnnxfb.jpeg

image_zpsgztm3d4x.jpeg

• Like 4

On the road for the 4th time in 5 weeks for hockey tournaments for this one. Colorado twice(Vail & Steamboat Springs), Wyoming once(Jackson Hole) and now Idaho Falls, Idaho. First time this year it's just dad/daughter. Plan on putting the hurt on some teams tomorrow.

image_zpstthxpxok.jpeg

• Like 1

On the road for the 4th time in 5 weeks for hockey tournaments for this one. Colorado twice(Vail & Steamboat Springs), Wyoming once(Jackson Hole) and now Idaho Falls, Idaho. First time this year it's just dad/daughter. Plan on putting the hurt on some teams tomorrow.image_zpstthxpxok.jpeg

Started at 6:00 AM, finished at 10:00 PM. 3-1 (2-0 with her 12U's and 1-1 with her 14U's). We'll take one banner from here, with some magic maybe 2. I should sack out, rolling tomorrow morning early.

Side note, not sure how these cats schedule, but her 14's team had 2 games....6:00 AM and 8:50 PM...really?

"okay"?

That's about where I would rate it too. They had a lot of ground to cover with new characters, old characters and a couple new story lines. It was too much for a 2.5 hour movie to fully cover.

Got a Christmas card from one of my 14U players.

"Merry Christmas, Coach

I love hockey. I like our games and our practices. Thank you for making hockey fun for me.

Xxxx"

Priceless right there...makes every hour worth it. AWESOME!!!

Buccigross is going to wear a @skatinutes #cawlidgehawkey jersey tonight on SportsCenter... I already loved the guy and have a ton of OT challenge and CawlidgeHawkey stuff, but this sends me over the top. Love me some Bucci!

image_zpssout1h0c.jpeg

image.jpg1_zps795l5dsx.jpg

image_zpsa9yxsvn3.jpeg

Edited by EJB
  • Like 2

On the road for the 4th time in 5 weeks for hockey tournaments for this one. Colorado twice(Vail & Steamboat Springs), Wyoming once(Jackson Hole) and now Idaho Falls, Idaho. First time this year it's just dad/daughter. Plan on putting the hurt on some teams tomorrow.

image_zpstthxpxok.jpeg

I'm diggin' the Cawlidge Hawkey sweater!

Holiday can be a bit hectic and whatnot, but I really love the opportunity to get together with all my immediate family. Also, something special gifting someone something they really want and have no idea they're getting....those smiles and sometimes tears, priceless.

• Like 1

We got extra ice time this morning (although four players didn't make it ... Christmas hangover?) and I beat my nemesis Ivan Pylon-ov in overtime. My teammate was thrilled with his Christmas gift, and tonight I'm working an ambulance detail for high school hockey, which essentially should mean I get to watch hockey for three hours.

• Like 1

Smoked my opponent in fantasy football last week for round one of the championship, didn't do nearly as well this week but beat him by one measly point to win it all in a 16-team league #humblebrag

10152627_10205605741846122_8514805459613

Edited by EBondo

A bunch of girls on our 14U team have discovered backyard and pond hockey.

As a coach, and a parent, this thrills me to no end. Unstructured play is the best. No longer the provenance of boys, they are out playing just for the joy of playing....and a couple of them are learning some really dirty dangles!!!

• Like 3

ok, so i'm a few day late on this one, but with work being not that much fun today i thought of something that was to get me through the day.

90 minutes of family hockey on New Years Day with my 8yo in his Toews jersey & 5yo in his Jagr *Rangers* jersey. learning the game and having a ton of fun. they say "what you do on NYD you do all year" i can think of no better way to spend the coming year.

and YES, they still suck. but after the game ended and there was 10 mins of free time, i gave my 8yo the choice of getting changed or staying out. he chose staying out.

• Like 4