Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Awesome! We’ve done similar (we did HCG at one point that worked really well), and while it’s certainly not sustainable on its own without a diet/exercise/general lifestyle change, it’s one hell of a kickstart. 

Im personally at the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life, 252lbs. Just got back from the doctor who did a ton of blood work, EKG, etc. Time for a kickstart for me as well, and the lead in to a dietary change and more activity. Hell, we have a damn home gym and don’t touch it.

But I’m at a point where it’s no longer just laziness; it’s become annoying because I have no shirts that fit me anymore. 

Try Isagenix.  

Finally mostly healed from injury. Skated a total of 3 times from April until September, wasn't fun, but I cant complain too much as i've enjoyed good health and low amount of injuries the first 35 years of my life. 

Skating regularly again now. Starting to regain speed, but understandably my stamina is a bit off. Mostly private drop ins for now, hopefully start playing leagues again here soon. Local roller rink closed down, so the roller hockey experiment is mostly over, and I don't think I want to rejoin my tournament team for that. I would be bummed, but this means less EDM in my life, and more ice, so I'm cool with it . 

• Like 4

Just returned home from my teams annual Montreal tournament.  In 10 years we have never won more that a game but this year we had a special squad.  We went undefeated and won the championship outscoring our opponents by a combined score of 20-4.  I put a lot of time into planning these and when the boys all have so much fun is beyond gratifying.  Two of my best friends have been dealing with serious back injuries and both were able to play.  One, typically a center, was far less an impact player than he usually is but he battled and contributed.  The other, our goalie, played the best hockey I have seen him play in 10 years.  It was an incredible performance and I am so happy for him.  As for me, just happy to be injury free and do what I can out there.  Such a great weekend... details will remain in Montreal!!!

Edited by dkmiller3356
  • Like 9

On 9/18/2017 at 11:00 AM, MThockeydad said:

Rebuilding our community outdoor ice rink.  Original sand floor was installed in 2007.  Time for a refrigerated concrete floor.
I found myself the project manager and superintendent for the job.  I'm exhausted, but we're in the home stretch.  Hope to place concrete next week.

Interesting tidbit:  this rink system was from one of the first college hockey games played outdoors in modern times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Tundra_Hockey_Classic

Our hockey association purchased the portable rink system from Ice Rink Events and erected it over the site of the old city pool.

Lambeau_Field_%28Wisconsin_Badgers_vs_Oh

Two months later, we got 'er done!

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2017/12/04/community-hub-ice/

• Like 4

On 12/6/2017 at 5:58 PM, MThockeydad said:

So freaking great that everyone pitched in their own time to save on labor costs. Outstanding work, boys.

Sidenote, a quick thank you to Dangle Sauce for some excellent customer service on a situation where they could have easily just ignored my inquiry. 

Got Islanders tickets for my family's annual Christmas party, against a good team (Columbus) and in the unobstructed seats, no less.

Now I have to wait until February...

• Like 1

Same, the best was Staples but MLG was a close #2 (and Honda being a distant #3) and there's just nothing like pro ice. It's like glass!

Also, am I the only one that pictures mini chocolate cakes every time somebody mentions Joe Louis? :26_nerd:

3 hours ago, EJB said:

Hell of a run so far playing up with the girls.  32 goals in 12 games.  

A8334FF1-9FD2-4C10-9A6E-88A44DC9578C_zps

2E6248FA-3C61-4BA3-817D-203CBCC787A9_zps

What curve is that? Looks quite rectangular.

20 minutes ago, EJB said:

:biggrin:....not that it matters, but my stat was wrong above, 35 goals in 12 games....  

That's more goals than I've scored in my life, my season high is 3...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

That's more goals than I've scored in my life, my season high is 3...

Mine is 6 and not sure, but assume her brothers is 12-15.  She’s a natural goal scorer, facilitates just as well.  Not uncommon to have a box shadow thrown on her the entire game, not to mention being shut down early due to her team crushing.  Just wish we lived where there was better hockey.  We travel from Utah to girls league play in Colorado, but that is still A level.  She’s gone to Chicago and Boston on AAA girls teams and crushed, but those are single tournaments.  Wish we lived in Boston or Minneapolis.  Just don’t have that here and so play up, 12U playing 14&15U and make the most of it.

Counterpoint to ambulance misery in the Venting Spot: I absolutely love clinicals. The staff (nurses, doctors, medic techs) are incredibly welcoming and more than happy to grab me for everything from simple triage to significantly more complex cases in the ER.  (we get everything from your basic common cold to full on cardiac arrest and sepsis).  I don't even mind at this point that the commute is long and occasionally snow/ice ridden.  I can feel my brain expanding.

Can’t decide if this belongs here or in the venting thread, but I guess I’ll put it here since I think it’s hilarious.

Guys with matte black (or Tron-style carbon fiber look) helmets are the new white gloves and mirrored visors. It pretty much confirms douchebaggery is about to happen when you see one in warm ups. There are 4-5 guys in our league that are hated by everyone including their own team. Every one of them has a matte/carbon helmet. 

Im sure it’s just a coincidence but it’s been pretty spot on so far.

• Like 2

I'm moving on Saturday. :1_grinning: We bought our first home on November 27 of last year and have spent the last two months getting ready to move in. 

We had to redo the Kitchen & Bathroom. Put in new basement windows. We had to change a couple of rooms by moving a couple of doors to new locations. And a lot of painting!!

I almost can't believe we own a house. We have lived in our apartment since October 1999.

We had a lot of memories there.

We got married.

Helped take care of my Mom before passing away.

We had our daughter.

I had and recovered from my liver transplants.

Now we are starting a new chapter in our lives. Never thought we would ever be doing this, but so excited for things to come!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, sfdz6_20_07 said:

I'm moving on Saturday. :1_grinning: We bought our first home on November 27 of last year and have spent the last two months getting ready to move in. 

We had to redo the Kitchen & Bathroom. Put in new basement windows. We had to change a couple of rooms by moving a couple of doors to new locations. And a lot of painting!!

I almost can't believe we own a house. We have lived in our apartment since October 1999.

We had a lot of memories there.

We got married.

Helped take care of my Mom before passing away.

We had our daughter.

I had and recovered from my liver transplants.

Now we are starting a new chapter in our lives. Never thought we would ever be doing this, but so excited for things to come!

Congratulations! Hope you make as many (positive) memories in your new home as you did your old one.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 4:19 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Can’t decide if this belongs here or in the venting thread, but I guess I’ll put it here since I think it’s hilarious.

Guys with matte black (or Tron-style carbon fiber look) helmets are the new white gloves and mirrored visors. It pretty much confirms douchebaggery is about to happen when you see one in warm ups. There are 4-5 guys in our league that are hated by everyone including their own team. Every one of them has a matte/carbon helmet. 

Im sure it’s just a coincidence but it’s been pretty spot on so far.

I object!!! haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just 15 more hours to go in clinicals after today. Then, starting ride time on the ambulance in a couple of weeks. There's finally a faint light at the end of the paramedic school tunnel.

• Like 2