Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

Do you get paid?

I doubt it.

I have 50$/week but like Yglod said our league is made for players to graduate NCAA or junior major. But there's like 1000-1500(playoff 3000) fans everyhome game so it's a little business too.

Do you get paid?

I doubt it.

I have 50$/week but like Yglod said our league is made for players to graduate NCAA or junior major. But there's like 1000-1500(playoff 3000) fans everyhome game so it's a little business too.

Kovy, you play the equivlent to Jr.A right so is junior major what you call the "Q" or is it an entirely seperate league altogether?

Do you get paid?

I doubt it.

Kovy, you play the equivlent to Jr.A right so is junior major what you call the "Q" or is it an entirely seperate league altogether?

yeah Quebec major junior hockey league.

The Q, whl and the ohl are all in the CHl(major junior) it's just divided into three different regions

Edited by jibby93

Just to clear up the whole Junior A thing:

Kovy plays in a Junior A league which is apart of the CJAHL. There are ten leagues within CJAHL. Each year their is a tournament where the top teams from the CJAHL play.

This is kind of bias but the western leagues have a more quality programs.

People that play in junior A are either:

- 16/17 years old who are NHL material or

- 18-20 and just looking to get a university scholarship

The WHL/OHL/QMJHL is about 1 step above the CJAHL leagues.

kovy plays lhjaaaq qhich is like the opjhl, nahl, bchl.->tier 2

crosby played in the Q, which is like the ohl, whl->tier 1

I no exactly what the the CHL's leagues are. I was just confused by kovy calling it junior major instead of major jr.

Hey yglod you play w/ Blake Reilly? He was the captain of the jr.A team here last year. Is your school D2?

Edited by Adam91

Just to clear up the whole Junior A thing:

Kovy plays in a Junior A league which is apart of the CJAHL. There are ten leagues within CJAHL. Each year their is a tournament where the top teams from the CJAHL play.

The WHL/OHL/QMJHL is about 1 step above the CJAHL leagues.

Like you said, most of the 18-20 years old in our league are looking for university but it's not everyone. Those who can enter the top D1 program are still looking to play high level hockey in their future.

The caliber is not way under the Q because a lot of players could go in the Q but decided to come JR.A to play university after.

get paid? its jr.a, whole point of league is to play college and getting paid ruins ncaa eligibility

It's almost stupid because the reality is that many junior 'A' teams pay their players and in some cases even more than major junior players whereas they are still eligible for the NCAA but major junior players aren't. It's completely irrelevant to me since I'm no longer NCAA eligible which isn't a big deal but still I think they need to change some of the rules regarding professionalism or crack down harder on breaking these rules.

Edited by Pats

Like you said, most of the 18-20 years old in our league are looking for university but it's not everyone. Those who can enter the top D1 program are still looking to play high level hockey in their future.

The caliber is not way under the Q because a lot of players could go in the Q but decided to come JR.A to play university after.

So, what is your path Kovy...are you being scouted for the Q? Or, are you going the scholarship route?