Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

what league is that?

college club, ACHA

Excellent pics, and all three teams uniforms look very sharp. Most of the teams out here (the northwest) are kinda lame.

Is that good like Divison 1 or 3 or comprable to Junoir A

junior A in canada is somewhat comparable todiv 3.

What was it like playing against your old team and friends.

i didnt notice it while i was playing but sometime on the bench i wanted to yell heads up pass the puck etc but then i would realise it was not my team

what league is that?

college club, ACHA

Excellent pics, and all three teams uniforms look very sharp. Most of the teams out here (the northwest) are kinda lame.

ACHA is not comparable to junior a at all. There D-3 teams are filled with kids who have just came out of highschool hockey,midget A and maybe if there lucky they have a junior C kid. Its a pretty slow paced game. Some teams in the acha d-1 might compare to some low ncaa d-3 teams.

what league is that?

college club, ACHA

ACHA is not comparable to junior a at all. There D-3 teams are filled with kids who have just came out of highschool hockey,midget A and maybe if there lucky they have a junior C kid. Its a pretty slow paced game. Some teams in the acha d-1 might compare to some low ncaa d-3 teams.

I don't really know the conferences in the NCAA, so I wasn't sure about that, but I know a few people who played around here for the Bonnyville Pontiacs have gone to div 1 schools, but bonnyville generally has one of the more competitive junior A teams in the province

WNY Federation ("Fed" = school funded - on-ice everyday, some/the majority of equipment and travel costs covered, etc...practically free for the players) High School hockey. I only played that one year as a freshman.

Western New York's travel organizations (as well as those in quite a few other regions across the country) have a "split-season" so that players can represent their high schools during the winter...which almost caused me some problems:

My school didn't have a team, so I had/got to enter an appeal to the state (if I didn't play HS hockey, I wouldn't have been playing during the split). From there, I was entered in a sort of lottery - the "winner" of which then held my "rights." If that team (and all of the lower-level teams from the same school) were to have cut me after try-outs, I would have been up for grabs for any other school team in the area. I think the process has since been revised somewhat - though I'm not entire sure what changes were made.

The competition was great for me as a freshman (and probably would have been okay for the next three years), but I felt like I was eventually going to be held-back (there obviously aren't entire schools of AAA hockey players, so the rosters were made-up of a lot of AA and A guys, too). The next season I said "fuck this" and went to play for an organization across the border where I wouldn't have to worry about any sort of split.

The great thing about Fed hockey was the amount of support we got from the other students and people in the community - the place was packed for every game. The intensity and energy that went through the building before and during the "rivalry" games was unreal - and I was always a little amazed at how seamlessly I was sucked into the emotion, even as an outsider from another school entirely. The "student sections" were absolutely crazy, and usually spent most of the night chanting back-and-forth to each other (we could hear them from the dressing rooms before the game - and you had to scream to talk to someone right next to you once we were on the ice). That place was fucking loud. Given my experience with high school hockey, I can't even imagine what the atmosphere at a place like Yost must be like during a Michigan/Michigan St. game, or Lynah during a Cornell/Harvard match-up. It's gotta be absolutely unbelievable. Hell, I'm pretty sure the high school games around here leave a whole lot to be desired when compared to the ones in Minnesota.

(P.S. - yes, to those of you who've played at Nationals in Amherst (Buffalo), NY: that is the Feature Rink at the Pepsi Center.)

Edited by LkptTiger

I play HS hockey and although the competition isnt quite that of juniorB or A the games are so much more exciting because the rink is always packed with students and fans.

I play HS hockey and although the competition isnt quite that of juniorB or A the games are so much more exciting because the rink is always packed with students and fans.

Are you even comparing highschool hockey to Junior B, yet alone Junior A?

Highschool hockey isn't quite that of Midget AAA..., and in good midget AA league, its not quite that either, unless you're going to a school like Notre Dame.

Where I played highschool the only people in the stands were parents that enjoyed watching and the younger siblings forced to come along. Then again this was Texas and nobody gave a shit about hockey, everything was football this and football that, man do I hate football.

Downie prostock from the world juniors

very nice, whats the curve like?

forsberg clone with a 4.5-4.75 lie I also had a downie one 90 i was using lately but i snapped it last week.

Edited by tips09

Thanks man, we're really excited about playing AC next weekend, should be a hell of a game.

haha thts definately not the team i would wanna play, but yea should be a really good one, we just squeked in the playoffs by going on a 6 game winning streak when we needed it the most.

objkzy4.png

One more pic from a thanksgiving weekend tourney...

The other team has the sickest jerseys ive ever seen, but we beat them in the ship :)

Edited by InTeN5ITy