Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vapor

Photos of yourself

Gotta love thos guys!

True story. There was this one guy who you would swear was homeless when he got on the ice, but he was like the Earl Manigault ( wikipedia this guy if you dont know who he was, basically the best basketball player never to play pro ) of mens lague hockey. The guy had these ripped up cooperalls and helmet that was missing almost every screw, a jofa titan stick, and old old old ccm tacks, but he was sick. I mean, I threw up on myself.

True story. There was this one guy who you would swear was homeless when he got on the ice, but he was like the Earl Manigault ( wikipedia this guy if you dont know who he was, basically the best basketball player never to play pro ) of mens lague hockey. The guy had these ripped up cooperalls and helmet that was missing almost every screw, a jofa titan stick, and old old old ccm tacks, but he was sick. I mean, I threw up on myself.

How is it even possible to double dunk.....

Most of the "better" players I've played against sort of are like that. Mismatch, old ass helmets and Bauer/Cooper gloves. I never laugh when I see those guys come out on the ice cuz they're usually a lot better than the guys in newer gear. They're doing backwards crossovers and lateral skating faster than a lot of the guys going forward. I'd say 75% of the guys I run into in pick up who have played overseas, major college or pro tend to have the old gear. Cooper or Jofa helmets, old Tacks or Graf skates. The whole 9 yards.. Its all about comfort and not show because they really do not feel the need to show off anymore. None of them wear shoulder pads on the ice either.

This happened to me at a pick up recently. I chatted with this older guy, probably in his 40's, in the locker room. His gear was older than hell. He was using the oldest chipped up Sher Wood stick with tape that looked like it had been there for ages. We ended up calling him "dangles" all night. He was skating circles around everyone.

Best player I ever saw with bad "flow" *L* was a guy I played with in a Wednesday after group. Grant Sanders. He had played some pro in Europe in the late 80's early-mid 90's.

Was actually a teammate of Kirk Muller's in Jr.

Pants and skates older than dirt...but he wore the team socks from his Euro team. Bright orange with logos all over them

Jofa bucket

Can't recall the gloves...but they were pretty beat up

No shoulders...in fact one week, he wore like a coaches warm up jacket, with shitty elbow pads over the jacket. Kinda taped on.

Stick? I dunno...some non desript mid level ops.

And, he is probably 20-30 over weight.

But, holy hell....skate like the wind....stick handle in a phone booth. Pass hard, and accurate and had an elusive shot you didn't see coming. Ripping wristers top corner from the blue line. Goalies never moved.

my fat rear end on the ice. every one warns you about the freshman 15 (which I never got), no one tells you about the grad school 40! It's really time for me to start jogging again before I turn into a blimp!

4566875137_a43f94d323_o.jpg

I think I might be doing a backwards cross over hear, cause I can't really explain why edges/foot position looks odd

Anaheim Ice?
Yeah. We played at 3pm yesterday right after a public skate. Ice was BRUTAL.
jerseys look good...
Thanks! I think they turned out great, and Marcelo (SubliTWILL) couldn't have been cooler to deal with. Edited by Justin Liedloff

Well there's 'looking good' as in unis...and there's 'looking good' as in playing. I prefer the latter. How's the team doing?

We have our ups and downs like anyone else. Lost our last game in OT, and have been on a slide as of late, but, nothing out of the ordinary for your average beer league squad.

We have our ups and downs like anyone else. Lost our last game in OT, and have been on a slide as of late, but, nothing out of the ordinary for your average beer league squad.

btw is that you in the 'spotty' goalie pads? That'd make for an interesting team uni.

It's funny, the best teams I've played for nobody matched and hardly anyone showed up. It seems like the less players you have the better your team is. I've seen teams with crowded benches that were just awful!

btw is that you in the 'spotty' goalie pads? That'd make for an interesting team uni.

It's funny, the best teams I've played for nobody matched and hardly anyone showed up. It seems like the less players you have the better your team is. I've seen teams with crowded benches that were just awful!

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether we win or lose. I play simply as a means to get my mind off of the daily grind that is life. For me, it's all about spending time with a few buddies and going out and having a good time. That's not to say I don't skate hard, but I'm long past trying to compete at high levels. I'd rather play on a team that has a consistent turn out and good chemistry. My fat ass is too old to be playing iron man hockey.

As of the pic, yes that's me, back when I played goalie. I also have a matching jersey, and have long wanted to start up a team with a set of them!

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether we win or lose. I play simply as a means to get my mind off of the daily grind that is life. For me, it's all about spending time with a few buddies and going out and having a good time. That's not to say I don't skate hard, but I'm long past trying to compete at high levels. I'd rather play on a team that has a consistent turn out and good chemistry. My fat ass is too old to be playing iron man hockey.

As of the pic, yes that's me, back when I played goalie. I also have a matching jersey, and have long wanted to start up a team with a set of them!

I missed about nine months with a severe illness & that is what I missed the most.

my fat rear end on the ice. every one warns you about the freshman 15 (which I never got), no one tells you about the grad school 40! It's really time for me to start jogging again before I turn into a blimp!

I think I might be doing a backwards cross over hear, cause I can't really explain why edges/foot position looks odd

Grad school 40.... Amen.

Grad school 40.... Amen.

yah, that's what happens when all you have time for is reading and writing papers. since moving back to dc, I've been on the ice at least 4x a week. already down 10lbs. hopefully be back to my normal weight by the end of summer.