Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton Stealth S19

Stick has arrived, taped, will be cut and used this afternoon.

Keep in mind that the new graphics will not be shown yet - so it is a S19 under a S17 skin.

CIMG0024.jpg

CIMG0018.jpg

Took it out this afternoon - went to the store to compare the two.

The S19 feels a touch lighter than the 17 - also, the shaft seems to have a little bit more concavity to it. It also is stiffer compared to a S17 - seems to play to the flex.

Took it on the ice and stickhandled a bit. The blade's quite live. Definitely can feel the puck on your blade - which was something that some people felt was lacking in the S17. I didn't get an opportunity to receive some passes (you know Skate and Shoot is a shooting gallery) so I went ahead and did as the others...

It kicks. Hard.

I have a game tomorrow - will start out with it.

Played with it last night - it's really different from the S17. Very responsive, lively blade. I'm not a fan of the Easton shaft profile as I am used to smaller diameter, rounded sticks, but shouldn't have a bearing on the review obviously.

Took a chunk out of the bottom of the blade (possibly from a skate) but no loss of stiffness so far in the blade.

The main thing is that this stick is playing to the flex.

Another night, another goal.

Lefty57 plays on my team - gave him a couple of shifts with it. It wasn't tall enough for him but seemed to like the flex (he had used a S17 before and didn't like it because of that)

It's been a while since I have updated this, however, I have used the stick for the past three weeks, two games a week.

Maybe it's psychosomatic, maybe luck, maybe the stick, but I've been hot points-wise for the past couple weeks :)

The blade is still staying stiff for me - but then again, I've only had about 3 "beatdown" sessions where I'm firing a ton of pucks.

No damage to the shaft - it is holding up very well.

One thing I do notice is if I really try to muscle through an one-timer or one-timer pass, there is a bit of a delay while the stick loads - it is as if it "catches" on the ice. I cannot say that I have noticed this before on any stick. Perhaps making an adjustment when I am in that situation will help.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing the S19 with the new graphics, so will update then.