Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhino-99

Best Hockey Pants for Tall Guys

Im 6'5 with a 34" waist and looking for a decent lightweight pant for my mens league. I ordered a pair of L Tall Tackla 2440 BUT these things have WAY too much padding for what I need and were just too bulky. Any suggestions as to a pant that may run longer than most? My old Bauers that Im using were actually M Tall but cant seem to find anything similar in a Large. Thanks

Some of the higher end Mission's are length adjustable. I don't know how well they'd work for you, as I don't know how much longer they go compared to other pants. My other suggestion would've been Tackla's.

Tackla's tend to run long as is, so you could just buy a less-paddedTackla. Hustlers supposedly run long and you can customize them for +1 or +2 sizing (which will cost you a zillion dollars). Also look for some Bauer pro stocks on ebay in Large +1, I think you might find what you need. Those Tackla 2440's can't be that bulky, can they?

Keep the Tackla's and break them in it takes a short time and you will love them. I don't think there is anyone here that has reported they don't like their Tackla Pro's, my self included.

The Sumpreme one75 pants come in a tall as well. I think it is only in sizes L and XL, so the L might be a little big depending on how tight you like them around your waist.

Some of the higher end Mission's are length adjustable. I don't know how well they'd work for you, as I don't know how much longer they go compared to other pants. My other suggestion would've been Tackla's.

if he's tall and thin like he says, i'd actually advice him to stay away from the mission fuel pants (110 or 120). i'm the complete opposite build of him, short and fat, and lengthwise, i could live with the fuel 110's in the "long" setting, but they're perfect in the short setting. imo, they tend to run a bit on the short side in the first place.

The hustlers run long and can be ordered even longer. The padding is thin but very effective. I think they may be the most comfortable pair of pants I've had.

Do your research on Tackla pants and get the longer versions of them. My Tackla 9000z's were bulky at first, but after a few sessions they broke in nicely and like my Graf 700 pants, they'll drape well after awhile w/o any stiffness or bulk.

The Sumpreme one75 pants come in a tall as well. I think it is only in sizes L and XL, so the L might be a little big depending on how tight you like them around your waist.

Looks like they offer all sizes in Tall. Does anyone know how much longer they are than normal? +2" maybe?

Capsfan is someone else in your position, although he might be thinner. He got some custom Warriors, which according to him, are the first pants to fit him right in a long time.

What are the Warrior pants like? Are they a Euro cut? I've never worn or tried them on, so I'm not sure how they fit or feel bulk-wise.

Not really a euro cut, but they do hang on the hips. The upper is flared, the lower reminds me of a low profile easton pro pant. Wide legs.

I have dealt with this problem at my work usually mission pants are pretty short so are tacklas, bauer pants are decent length but if that isn't big enough i just suggest get large with suspenders, if ur 34" i assume you still wear medium right?

i had the same issue with some CCM's being too short, and with a 32" waist I went for the LT supreme &0's for the length. The waist is very adjustable, and the length is perfect.

You shouldn't have too much trouble adjusting the waist to your liking.

I got the Bauer One75 from Icewarehouse in a M Tall. I'm 6'2" 175. Fits the best of anything I could try on a my local shop. I wish I was a bit heavier so I could go to the L Tall and get a little bit more length but I don't like the loose fit or suspenders.

Tackla's tend to run long as is, so you could just buy a less-paddedTackla. Hustlers supposedly run long and you can customize them for +1 or +2 sizing (which will cost you a zillion dollars). Also look for some Bauer pro stocks on ebay in Large +1, I think you might find what you need. Those Tackla 2440's can't be that bulky, can they?

Yeah trust me. These things couldve stopped a bullet. The padding was extrememly thick and the material on the shell was very durable. Basically a pro stock pant. Great if i was playing in the NHL but these things were not streamlined at all. Found that BAUER ONE75 come in MT OR L Tall and ordered a pair today.

Custom Warrior Hustlers, with +2" in the length, and normal padding. I have long legs, and they're the best fitting hockey pants I've ever had. Nice and light, too.

These pants look pretty badas*. I cant find a Warrior size chart anywhere???? I'm guessing i would go with a L with the +2". I wasnt planning on spending $250 on hockey pants however...... Can i get the +2" Warriors any cheaper than that?

Capsfan is someone else in your position, although he might be thinner. He got some custom Warriors, which according to him, are the first pants to fit him right in a long time.

6'4" 165lbs

I had Tackla 9000 airs and liked them, but they weren't protective enough in the hip area for me. I have tried to find CCM/RBK/REEBOK 520s that were long enough in the legs while fitting me in the waist without any luck. I was able to find some Tackla 5000 Pros in the same size as my 9000s, (48+2) but they were way too small/short. I went with custom Hustlers with beefed up padding and these are working really well for me... Very comfy, long enough, and decent protection.

I know they are expensive, but I recommend the Hustlers. The only way that I know of to get +2 length is custom (just don't go with beefed up padding since that would probably be too much for you). The only other option I can think of is some pro stock Bauers. TBLFan can tell you more about those.

As far as size goes, they run big. My mediums are 32-34 and fit more like 34. I would imagine the large would fit more like 38. However, I do like how they fit. After they break in, and you get to know how tight to get them, you'll be good to go.