Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

Dave Strader. Completely missed the news that he was dealing with cancer. One of my favorite guys to listen to because I felt he was good at using just the right amount of words to announce a game. More the exception in the current day of sports TV.

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Dave Strader. Completely missed the news that he was dealing with cancer. One of my favorite guys to listen to because I felt he was good at using just the right amount of words to announce a game. More the exception in the current day of sports TV.

Yeah, very sad. When he was the play by play guy for the Wings he came to a restaurant I was working at with Mickey Redmond and they were both very cool and approachable. Always partial to him as that's the voice of hockey I heard growing up, but I think he was the best in the league. 

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Gord Downie

It feels like a little bit of Canada has died :61_sob:

Non-Canadians may not understand his place in our collective psyche and Canadian Hockey culture.  Every time I hear Wheat Kings, I'm profoundly aware of the injustices that are going on in the world today.  Gord had a way of making a statement without being 'In your face".

18 minutes ago, boo10 said:

Non-Canadians may not understand his place in our collective psyche and Canadian Hockey culture.  Every time I hear Wheat Kings, I'm profoundly aware of the injustices that are going on in the world today.  Gord had a way of making a statement without being 'In your face".

For any non-Canadians who don't understand what Downie meant to our country, all you have to do is watch our Prime Minister's reaction to the news... 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Charles Manson. Rot in hell.

Waiting to hear that Marilyn Manson is going to take his remains/ashes and turn it into the ink for his next albums liner notes.