Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Aretha Franklin

The Queen of Soul dies on the 41st anniversary of the death of the King of Rock n' Roll. Also Babe Ruth died on Aug 16/48. That's a pretty iconic death day.

24 minutes ago, RadioGaGa said:

The Queen of Soul dies on the 41st anniversary of the death of the King of Rock n' Roll. Also Babe Ruth died on Aug 16/48. That's a pretty iconic death day.

It is also my wife’s and I anniversary of both our first date AND our wedding!!!!

Gene Mean's son was a hockey player, Todd played for the US in the 88 Olympics.

Have to call him Gene Mean to connect to another hockey guy, Chris Jericho.

13 minutes ago, the_game said:

Jan-Michael Vincent, I know you're gonna say 'Who?' but if you were a kid from the 80's he was the dude from Airwolf.

Surprised he made it this long. Guy has looked to be in rough shape since that show ended. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Surprised he made it this long. Guy has looked to be in rough shape since that show ended. 

My mom was a private banker in Beverly Hills when he was at the height of his career and she was his personal banker. She was able to score me some signed Airwolf memorabilia from him when I was a kid because I loved that show. 

• Like 1

I was actually wondering about JMV the other day.  I thought he had passed already.  Pretty tragic life.  I was a child of the 80s and Airwolf was one of my favorite shows.  It, along with others from that era, had the best theme songs.

• Like 1