Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

Sandler and Leary, sure. But, honestly, Quinn or Wuhrer and talent should never be in the same sentence.

As I recall, Wuhrer had a lot of talent, just not of the acting variety.

Could we throw Tiger Woods in here yet? Literally the guys not dead, but...

Tigers pissed. Hes catapulted beyond "Belichek in 2007" levels of vengeance and into uncharted waters. He may not make as much money this year, but he will destroy the field without a doubt. I'd say its a 1 in 3 he pulls off the Slam.

Tigers pissed. Hes catapulted beyond "Belichek in 2007" levels of vengeance and into uncharted waters. He may not make as much money this year, but he will destroy the field without a doubt. I'd say its a 1 in 3 he pulls off the Slam.

LOL. That IS pissed.

RIP Chris Henry.

Now comes the parade of news personnel who spent years ripping him, talking about how he had an undeserved reputation and he was "misunderstood," never acknowledging that they themselves created the reputation.

RIP Chris Henry.

Now comes the parade of news personnel who spent years ripping him, talking about how he had an undeserved reputation and he was "misunderstood," never acknowledging that they themselves created the reputation.

While your critique of the press isn't necessarily off base for a lot of celebs, I think it is in this case. Chris had numerous run-ins with the law, including: marijuana possession, dui, weapons charges, assault... and all of those were SEPARATE incidents. I think in this case his reputation is 95% his own doing. Regardless though, he appeared to be making changes in his personal life and it's sad that he has passed. Unfortunately it looks like in his last act, he reverted to his old self, in that he didn't take a moment to think things through.

RIP Chris Henry.

While your critique of the press isn't necessarily off base for a lot of celebs, I think it is in this case. Chris had numerous run-ins with the law, including: marijuana possession, dui, weapons charges, assault... and all of those were SEPARATE incidents. I think in this case his reputation is 95% his own doing. Regardless though, he appeared to be making changes in his personal life and it's sad that he has passed. Unfortunately it looks like in his last act, he reverted to his old self, in that he didn't take a moment to think things through.

I realize he created his reputation. My point is, guys like Jim Rome or Woody Paige hammerred this guy back when he was getting in trouble, and now they say things like how controversial about him, in a very vague way without ever saying that he personally was one of the guys who layed into him. You won't see a guy come out and say "I was a huge critic of Chris Henry, I ranted about him often saying he was a bad example and he was a detriment to the league."

RIP Chris Henry.

I realize he created his reputation. My point is, guys like Jim Rome or Woody Paige hammerred this guy back when he was getting in trouble, and now they say things like how controversial about him, in a very vague way without ever saying that he personally was one of the guys who layed into him. You won't see a guy come out and say "I was a huge critic of Chris Henry, I ranted about him often saying he was a bad example and he was a detriment to the league."

If you didn't like someone when he was alive, you should be willing to say the same when he's dead

Please, there's speculation that he may not even come back in time for the Masters. Tiger won't return until the PGA sets rules that he can't be asked anything and nobody outside the ropes can say anything. Until that happens, he'll be texting his little chickies hiding within his gated community.

RIP Chris Henry.

If you didn't like someone when he was alive, you should be willing to say the same when he's dead

Exactly. Like how all of a sudden Michael Jackson's reputation is like Elvis, not OJ.

I don't know what happened here...but to EBondo's point, cocaine and eating disorders destroy the heart.

32 is very young for cardiac arrest.

Normally, Yes...but if you've abused your body for half of those 32 years...nothing is surprising.

Still sad.

I don't know what happened here...but to EBondo's point, cocaine and eating disorders destroy the heart.

32 is very young for cardiac arrest.

Reports are now she had flu like symptoms for several days, was taking prescription meds and had been vomiting.

Normally, Yes...but if you've abused your body for half of those 32 years...nothing is surprising.

uh-oh

I'd be willing to bet the abuse you've put on your body is not as extreme as hers.