Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Ballistik 22 Caliber

First off I just want to again thank MSH and Ballistik for giving me the chance to provide feedback on their products. Just another reason why I love MSH and why it's the best hockey forum out there.

Now, to the twig.

My first impressions for the Ballistik 22 Cal I recieved were very positive for being a mid-range composite stick. It did not feel like the 510 grams it's listed as on their website, as I was able to compare them side-to-side with my Warrior Dolomite HD and not notice a huge difference in weight. The flex I got (80 flex) was on point with my 75 Dolo, which was perfect for me. So far, so good.

Fortunately, I was actually able to use the stick tonight. I didn't get much playing time with it, due to it being my second ice hockey game in the past five months, so I'm still not comfortable being back on the ice. However, I did get a bunch of shots off during warmups, and was highly impressed overall. The kick of the stick is something that popped out to me at first. For a stick claimed to be mid-range, it has a great kick to it. Once again, back to the weight comparing, I couldn't notice a difference between the 22 Cal and that of my Dolo, so props to you Ballistik.

I'll be getting some more use out of the stick in the up-and-coming days, and on my more familiar Sport Court surface, so I will update as I go along.

Was able to give the stick another go-around on Sunday during my roller hockey game. I'm still impressed with the stick. I still found it shot very well, but unfortunately, it's flaws did come out. I'm used to using the Dolo HD which, is a top of the line stick. So obviously, there are going to be some differences between the two sticks. I did feel the heaviness now compared to the Dolo during gameplay, and started to notice a little bit of torquing action during wrist shots. My slap shots however shoot fine. I'm hoping the torquing issues solve themselves because I do feel this stick has the potential for performing very well

It's been a while, sorry for the long time between updates. I've only been able to use the stick once in the last two weeks, haven't had any games and work hasn't allowed me any time to hit up open hockey. Since the last update, and the last use, I've been able to get used to the stick's weight, balance, flex, and more a lot easier. I've grown to have a liking for the stick and definitely plan on using it more in the future. Next use will be on Wednesday, so I will have an update then.