Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

Shopping for Hockey in Toronto

It just has to be pretty close, it doesn't have to be right downtown.

Do you know what you want to buy? Or does she just want to look around?

Tell us what you are looking for. Might be able to tell you the exact store.

Well I was just hoping there would be a website of the store because for next season I need almost all new gear so I'm not quite sure what I want. I am sure on buying an SL grip though.

I don't think there's anything right downtown other than sportscheck.

Original Styxx is on Avenue rd. not quite downtown though, Toronto Hockey repair is on BLoor.

Just Hockey is okay..overpriced and most of the employees are pricks, but they will have what you want.

I was going to suggest National Sports at Yonge and Sheppard. Not quite downtown, but not too far. Just on the Subway. If there is something the OP really wants, he/she could call ahead or have another store ship to Yonge/Sheppard.

I don't think there's anything right downtown other than sportscheck.

Original Styxx is on Avenue rd. not quite downtown though, Toronto Hockey repair is on BLoor.

Duke's too....

Just Hockey is okay..overpriced and most of the employees are pricks, but they will have what you want.

just curious y you think the guys at just hockey are pricks?

sogaduch do you work at just hockey?? lol

yeah

There is nothing good in Toronto -- just look at the Leafs.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

hey come on your forgetting about our natural resource

BEER

There's nothing right downtown. For the best selection of the latest stuff, I'd say Just Hockey on Don Mills (North of Eglinton) is your best bet. As previously mentioned, however, their prices are FULL retail. For interesting pro stock stuff, Goalie Heaven (Toronto Hockey Repair) on Bloor in the West End.

Well, I feel bad for you, my friend...

Just Hockey has great selection, but I find that the prices are waaaaay too high. And that everytime I go in there, it's like my money isn't good enough. I'm not sure why. Don't get me wrong - there are some good guys there, but the general consensus (over a dozen people) is that the reps make you feel like dirt.

The reps at National Sports may be kids and dumb, but they don't make you feel like you are wasting their time.

Sorry to say that...

Everytime I have gone in there they make it seem like they have something better to do. Doesn't matter to me because I'm not a huge shopper or anything, but it's nice to have good CS.

Nothing against you though, I'm sure you're a nice guy.

2005 stanley cup champions? -- I think them or the bruins could have taken it..

Well, I feel bad for you, my friend...

Just Hockey has great selection, but I find that the prices are waaaaay too high. And that everytime I go in there, it's like my money isn't good enough. I'm not sure why. Don't get me wrong - there are some <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=good%20guys" onmouseover="window.status='good guys'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guys</a> there, but the general consensus (over a dozen people) is that the reps make you feel like dirt.

The reps at National Sports may be kids and dumb, but they don't make you feel like you are wasting their time.

Sorry to say that...

no, thats why weve lowered alot of our prices to compete against different businesses especially the internet. weve also revamped our staff and its a much friendlier place. i admit we do have some customers who are abit out there. but when im on the floor im as helpful as i can be. ask JR hes seen me at my shop. from personal experience ive gone beyond whats expected in helping a customer

2005 stanley cup champions? -- I think them or the bruins could have taken it..

Huh..?

A) there was no hockey this year

(can't do B )

C) The B's ass raped their roster this year, only signing a few players..

D) The Leaf's winning the cup is about as probable as me winning the lottery.