Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

Shopping for Hockey in Toronto

Hockey Experts, with 3 stores now in the GTA, is Forzani Group's hockey only speciality store.

Great selection of the big names and the staff there knows their stuff. Getting LS2's on my older 7000's currently. They didn't have any steel in stock when i dropped my skates off last week. Dave the pro shop manager gave me a call today, said steel will be in today/tomorrow and skates should be done by the weekend. Kinda weird that NBH takes forever for the steel, when their DC here in Canada is literally 25 minutes from the Mississauga store.

Nice guys overall at the store.

Prices are on par like everywhere else.

Phil

I actually went to Hockey Life this weekend for the first time and I must say overall I was very disappointed.

First of all they have RIDICULOUS prices. $299 for ALL pro stock OPS. Yes, you read that right. Doesn't matter what it is. 05 Stealths? $299. CNT stealths? $299 Synergy ST's? $299. Anything and everything is $299.

They have a really huge selection of pro stock sticks, but seriously who are they trying to kid? They are selling pro stock ST's for way more than the retail sticks that come with a warranty that are literally 5 feet away. I was shocked. Put me off the entire store. I bought my Warrior Dolo pro stock for $120 at National like a year ago, I know pro stock 7k's have been selling everywhere for around $100, you can find older stealths for around $100, and Hockey Life tries to pull this 299 bs?

Also pretty stupid to have this massive massive hockey store and you don't carry and Graf or any Eagle. Like c'mon. Oh, and the shooting range to test out sticks is $12 or something retarded, when Hockey Experts is free.

i would almost guarentee they wernt 299.99, because i bought a prostock stealth CNT for 149.99 about 2 months ago they just have a little paper sign up and do put prices on stick. they just leave the original. just open your eyes next time.

I actually went to Hockey Life this weekend for the first time and I must say overall I was very disappointed.

First of all they have RIDICULOUS prices. $299 for ALL pro stock OPS. Yes, you read that right. Doesn't matter what it is. 05 Stealths? $299. CNT stealths? $299 Synergy ST's? $299. Anything and everything is $299.

They have a really huge selection of pro stock sticks, but seriously who are they trying to kid? They are selling pro stock ST's for way more than the retail sticks that come with a warranty that are literally 5 feet away. I was shocked. Put me off the entire store. I bought my Warrior Dolo pro stock for $120 at National like a year ago, I know pro stock 7k's have been selling everywhere for around $100, you can find older stealths for around $100, and Hockey Life tries to pull this 299 bs?

Also pretty stupid to have this massive massive hockey store and you don't carry and Graf or any Eagle. Like c'mon. Oh, and the shooting range to test out sticks is $12 or something retarded, when Hockey Experts is free.

i would almost guarentee they wernt 299.99, because i bought a prostock stealth CNT for 149.99 about 2 months ago they just have a little paper sign up and do put prices on stick. they just leave the original. just open your eyes next time.

I have to agree, the prices are ridiculous. THey have a full stack of 05 stealth for that price and, when I went to check the price of my 7k sickick there it was 180$ while national had it for 140$. They do have a big selection but they need to change the prices. I was checkin a dolo out and compared the price to national and it was 20$ more at hockey life then national.

Just to let you guys know, the RBK 7K Pro Stock sticks are suposedly going on sale for LESS THEN $99 bucks for the BIG 60 sale at National Sports in Scarborough. I was a former employee so I still have many friends working there.

If this is in anyway against the rules, please delete. :)

Just to let you guys know, the RBK 7K Pro Stock sticks are suposedly going on sale for LESS THEN $99 bucks for the BIG 60 sale at National Sports in Scarborough. I was a former employee so I still have many friends working there.

If this is in anyway against the rules, please delete. :)

This post was ok, but the oversize, blurry pics in the other post were not.

Hey guys, sorry to threadjack, but does anybody know of any good places in the Toronto area that you can get a jersey lettered? I have a couple blank jerseys here that I would like to put some names/numbers on. Thanks.

Hey guys, sorry to threadjack, but does anybody know of any good places in the Toronto area that you can get a jersey lettered? I have a couple blank jerseys here that I would like to put some names/numbers on. Thanks.

If you're around the west end (Mississauga / Oakville / Brampton / Etobicoke), check out

West Star Athletics, Unity Dr & Winston Churchill Dr

Centennial Sports Tomken & Eglinton

Sports Unlimited Rutherford & Queen

Duke's Sports Bloor & Kipling

Phil

Sorry to bump this, but:

Is the selection of 05 Stealth pro stocks at Hockey Life still good? Where else do they sell them?

Any Vapor XXX pro stocks in the GTA as well?

No Vapor XXX or Stealth prostocks anywhere around now. The Forzani Group stores are only carrying 7K prostocks, which all feel like rebar.

Gotta wait for the end of season to see what's offered.

Phil

No Vapor XXX or Stealth prostocks anywhere around now. The Forzani Group stores are only carrying 7K prostocks, which all feel like rebar.

Phil

yep, 7K and 6K Pro Stocks, and CCM V130 and 10.0 Pro Stocks as well.

Phil

Am I gonna be able to get these sticks at the end of the season? Seems like no one is using them anymore...

Phil

I don't trust anything Forzani sells.

Phil

Thanks Chadd a good slap in the face always feels good!

Phil

I used to love National Sports. I know they needed the financial stability of a big company though, just sucked that Forzani Group was the only one to step up.

Phil

Phil

I used to love National Sports. I know they needed the financial stability of a big company though, just sucked that Forzani Group was the only one to step up.

Phil

Yes but the most part the people havent changed the ideas behind whats going on hasnt changed in fact they have hired some great people that used to work at the indapendents and that has really helped out the stores.

Phil

It's nothing personal, just some of the SMUs that they have sold over the last few years. The TPS SMU sticks were bordering on fraud.

Phil

It's nothing personal, just some of the SMUs that they have sold over the last few years. The TPS SMU sticks were bordering on fraud.

Point taken but we worder our own SMU's and I feel you wouldnt have an issue with what we order sometimes they the same high end stick but usually we order better sticks as we are more hockey!

Google:

Majer Hockey

Just Hockey

National Sports

Hockey Experts

Pro Hockey Life

There are more...but that would about cover it.

where in Toronto.. there are plenty of places to visit..

if you venture to North york and Woodbridge,

theres Just hockey and Majer Hockey. Smaller stores but the Staff and selection of Grafs is excellent

theres also the big Box store in the Vaughan mills Shopping centre.. insane selection but doesnt carry grafs.

Don't expect to buy something unless you can spend a lot of money.

BTW, Vaughn Mills is like...15-30 minute drive, depending on what time you go. I'd highly recommend Just Hockey, and Duke's in Etobicoke. I've never been to Majer but I've heard good things. Hockey Life prices are terrible, but it's a one-of-a-kind store. National Sports won't have as much selection as the other stores in Mississauga.