Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

Shopping for Hockey in Toronto

oh ye? my bad, according to JR and some others bauer's stopped making one95s so shops are stuck with whatever they have, best chance is go to pro hockey life (vaughn mills or mississauga) since its prolly the biggest around here

I went to 4 shops during a recent rip and the biggest place I went to was don mills source for sports. Note, though, I didn't look for skates so I'm not sure of their selection.

does anyone know where to get oakley spacer kits? i went to majer hockey, hockey experts, pretty sure national doesn't have it but haven't had time to go sfs or pro hockey life yet but if they don't have it i don't wanna waste my time

oh ye? my bad, according to JR and some others bauer's stopped making one95s so shops are stuck with whatever they have, best chance is go to pro hockey life (vaughn mills or mississauga) since its prolly the biggest around here

they were pretty sold out when i was looking around just before christmas, i managed to find mine at hockey experts in sauga Scott there was awesome to deal with.

Duke's Source for Sports is close to the airport, relatively speaking; good selection, and do terrific sharpenings both FBV and ROH. Toronto Hockey Repair is a little further East, and has a fair bit of different stock (including some oddities like Trilage OPS) but are strictly Blademaster; Majer Hockey is a little North, and Just Hockey's main location is to the East of the downtown. THR and JH probably have the best selections of pro stock gear; JH, for example, bought most of the Wings' excess gear this year. The Sportchek in the Eaton Centre is really the only store in the downtown proper, and while their selection is relatively slim, they do have Warrior, TPS and Easton OPS.

There's also the new Real Sports store just south of the ACC, where the Leafs had their last gear sale and some stuff is apparently available on a first-come basis, but it's badly overpriced.

Oh, and Canadian Tire has white and black Tackimac grips in the 4" sanded and the 8 1/4" ribbed wrapped. :)

If you've got a car (or a chauffeur) up for the skate, they're all easily accessible. If you're planning on using public transit, THR is by far the easiest to access (right off the Dundas West subway station), followed closely by Sportchek, with Duke's and Majer reachable but a bit time-consuming.

does anyone know where to get oakley spacer kits? i went to majer hockey, hockey experts, pretty sure national doesn't have it but haven't had time to go sfs or pro hockey life yet but if they don't have it i don't wanna waste my time

Try JustHockey on Don Mills. I forgot his name but one of the employees gave me a kit for free, very friendly guy. Just give them a call to see if they have any before hand.

Dukes is the place if your looking for warrior prostock sticks, and all kinds of goalie gear. and they do a great job at sharpenings. can be a tight place to find parking sometimes. but i'd say its pretty "walkable" from kipling station if using the ttc

What should I expect the prices would be on pro stock gloves And sticks for the above stores?

From what I've seen at Just Hockey on Don Mills most of the pro stock sticks are $149 plus tax, although there were a few 10Ks on sale for $119. I've seen gloves range between about $89 and $149 in the bins.

You can always check their website.

Majer has a site too and so does Dukes and THR, but not everything is listed on the site. Just Hockey probably has the most stock on their site, but it's mainly retail. The pro stock you usually have to see in person, but they'll sometimes have sales and prices listed there.

Has anybody heard of Massive Hockey? A friend of mine told me they had tons of pro stock and were near the old Downsview air force base. I can find any info on the web so any info is appreciated.