Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Ballistik 22 Caliber

Ballistik 22 Caliber 80 flex

Reviewer stats:

5'9ish

LH shot

Defense in Women's league, Centre in Men's league

When I first took the stick out of the wrapper my intial reaction was "Oooooh, pretty!" (I am a girl, so I can say the stick was pretty.) I cut it down a bit, taped it up, and went to play some shinney with some of the guys from work. We ended up having about 19 guys + me playing, not including goalies, so it was a pretty equal shinney game.

I was first of all very impressed with the weight of the stick. No issues there. Stick handled around for a bit with it, the curve was a BIT different than my Smyth Warrior one, so it took a bit of getting used to. I played centre for the first period and a half, and I noticed the flex in the stick. I usually use a 75 flex, but this was pretty equivilant. My passes were crisp and sharp.

Because of a previous shoulder surgery my slap shots are now more...half slap shots. But I didn't find anything different with this stick. I DID find that my snap shots were more accurate than they usually are. I'm usually the queen of the posts, and I only hit one last game. I average 5-6 a game.

I switched to defense for the rest of the game and got a few good shots off from the point.

There are a few dings in the stick, mostly from faceoffs and a few from playing defense and slashing sticks. Not that I would do that.

I will write more when I play a league game versus shinney.

Over and out!