Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lampliter87

'09 NFL Thread

I'm stating for the record right now that the New Orleans Saints will win the Super Bowl.

+1

If any team this year is to go undefeated its going to be the Saints. Their offense is just too powerful.

I'm stating for the record right now that the New Orleans Saints will win the Super Bowl.

Their offence is ridiculously good...but, how does that saying go? Oh yeah...defence wins Championships!

I remember a team a couple years ago that had an unstoppable offence that did pretty well. Undefeated until, well, when it mattered. I don't see the Saints coming that close.

I remember a team a couple years ago that had an unstoppable offence that did pretty well. Undefeated until, well, when it mattered. I don't see the Saints coming that close.

and besides that the pats D that year was miles ahead of the saints is now.

Hey Detroit, you remember how to celebrate a Lions win?

I'm assuming it involves fire?

Any Detroit win deserves to be equivalant to a Habs or Cannucks playoff loss. Minimum 1 dozon police cars flipped and torched.

Hey Detroit, you remember how to celebrate a Lions win?

I'm assuming it involves fire?

not detroit just lansing and couches

I've seen more burned out buildings in Detroit that just about every other major city I've been in combined. They know how to do it right there.

Over/under on Lion wins for the season set at 3. Any takers? Btw those socks have got to be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Over/under on Lion wins for the season set at 3. Any takers? Btw those socks have got to be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

If you're doing over/under...wouldn't you have to set at 3.5 to keep 3 in play (I don't gamble that much)

No I actually wanted that as a push number :/

Take the over. 5-11 Baby! God, being a lions fan is just sad sometimes. Off to youtube to watch Barry videos set to "glory days"

Take the over. 5-11 Baby! God, being a lions fan is just sad sometimes. Off to youtube to watch Barry videos set to "glory days"

and don't forget about our coach who snorted coke

Cleveland has to be cursed. Apparently the higher ups want Mangini gone, preferably by Halloween. As bad as he was in NY--which was pretty damned bad--he's even worse in Cleveland. Not has he only lost the team, but they genuinely hate him. He's ruined Quinn, too. Guy's too rattled about not making a mistake and just dumps it off.

and don't forget about our coach who snorted coke

Didn't you guys have another coach roll through the drive thru naked?

Cleveland has to be cursed. Apparently the higher ups want Mangini gone, preferably by Halloween. As bad as he was in NY--which was pretty damned bad--he's even worse in Cleveland. Not has he only lost the team, but they genuinely hate him. He's ruined Quinn, too. Guy's too rattled about not making a mistake and just dumps it off.

Mangini may have made a lot more money over the past four years than he would have otherwise, but I think he actually hurt himself by taking the head coaching job before he had even been a coordinator. Mangini accepted the Jets overtures when he only had been a secondary coach. He never had been in a position to oversee other coaches, so he had to learn on the job.

He should have stayed with the Patsies for another season or two. Among other things, he probably would have left with Belichick's blessings if he had. More importantly, historically there has been decent longevity among NFL coaches that have done a good job. So he would have been sacrificing short term money for the potential of long term earnings.

I agree with that in the sense he may have gotten better at handling the non-Xs and Os part of the game. He's got that part down pat, but it's the actual dealing with teams/players that he's rubbish at. I imagine he can still try to make it as a DC/asst. coach after he gets fired because God knows if Marty Mornhinweg can still get a job, he can.