Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ndlancer95

(oblong brown ball)Football Players

For those who have played, what position and where did you play, school, town, etc.? I started this year and love the game

I wanted to really bad in middle school and freshman year, but my parents never let me. what position do u play?

I was lucky and played at a private school (Phillips Exeter) that brought in ringers as post-grads. Because of that, there wasn't a stigma for the rest of us to play on the JV team. So, instead of being too small to play if it had to be on the varsity (5'6" and 135), I was able to play middle linebacker and running back.

Played at my local youth association for 4 years, then 2 years in middle school. Stopped after that because I couldn't handle the coaches.

Played Tackle and D-Line. I was a big boy.

played every year till i graduated high school. I played for PRP high school here in Louisville. Love the sport and loved playing competitively. Hockey will always be my favorite sport, but football is right there with it. Once i graduated and football was done, that need for competition and sport led me to finally pursue hockey.

I've played defensive end and linebacker. Played a lot of offensive line (pulling gueard in a heavily wing-t based offense) in high school. I even kicked field goals and punted for a while.

So glad its football season again :D...

Outside linebacker and tightend for the most part. Last three years of high school I was also the long snapper. It worked because you couldn't hit the center in long snapping situations until his head came up.

Kovy, sorry I didnt respond, grounded for couple of weeks for failing first 3 english tersts. I play nose tackle and center. Im a big boy too, Ininew. 5'11" 210, and I'm just a freshman. Never played before, but I'm doing good this season, got 2 sacks and my team won 49-6 against rivals

I rarely played offense, but played OT in a series when we'd run a counter since I was so quick off the snap. Otherwise I was at DE since a lot of us didnt play both ways like some schools do. I did relish getting a chance to play OT because of the fact that when we did run a counter, I was able to get a head full of steam on the trap and smoke some poor unsuspecting DE or safety. Otherwise at 210lbs, I was a little too small to play OT.

LB and for a short time I played safety. My best position was QB but I'm "Built like a linebacker." <_<

Blew out my knee, ended football and baseball for me.

I played 7th through HS. Played WR/CB in middle school (7th/8th) and WR/Safety in HS. I could have played at a couple of Div I-AA schools for a full ride but I didn't feel that college football was my path for the next four years, I REGRET that decision BUT I wouldn't be playing hockey if I went that route.

life's a bitch ain't it? :) played very little WR and RB...too much start and stop for my liking, rather go full out like in hockey

I played 7th through HS. Played WR/CB in middle school (7th/8th) and WR/Safety in HS. I could have played at a couple of Div I-AA schools for a full ride but I didn't feel that college football was my path for the next four years, I REGRET that decision BUT I wouldn't be playing hockey if I went that route.

Update. Broke my foot in gym......., nomore football for the year. At least we won our first game 49-3

How in the hell did you break your foot in gym???? Our asst football coach was a gym teacher and we used that time to heat up injuries in hot tub or ice down knees/ankles in the ice tub and watch tv. On occasion we'd play badminton or floor hockey. Anyone else have rollerblade sessions for PE as well?

Update. Broke my foot in gym......., nomore football for the year. At least we won our first game 49-3

How in the hell did you break your foot in gym???? Our asst football coach was a gym teacher and we used that time to heat up injuries in hot tub or ice down knees/ankles in the ice tub and watch tv. On occasion we'd play badminton or floor hockey. Anyone else have rollerblade sessions for PE as well?

Soccer is a killer. I went to get the ball, stepped on someones foot, and fell. I guess it was then i broke like a bone near the ankle joint but not the ankle itself

Soccer is a killer. I went to get the ball, stepped on someones foot, and fell. I guess it was then i broke like a bone near the ankle joint but not the ankle itself

Kovy, sorry I didnt respond, grounded for couple of weeks for failing first 3 english tersts. I play nose tackle and center. Im a big boy too, Ininew. 5'11" 210, and I'm just a freshman. Never played before, but I'm doing good this season, got 2 sacks and my team won 49-6 against rivals

Damn! Your huge for a freshman! Hope your foot gets better btw

And epstud, we used to have rollerblade sessions. I think they stopped at my school though because kids were getting concussions every year

Anyone here every play semi-pro football? I'm just curious if there really is any player development aspect to these leagues? From watching the local league it mostly looks like former high school players that just aren't quite ready to hang it up yet.

Damn! Your huge for a freshman! Hope your foot gets better btw

And epstud, we used to have rollerblade sessions. I think they stopped at my school though because kids were getting concussions every year

You think I'm big, theres a 6'1", 235 frosh who plays soccer, hahaha. Thanks, my foot;s feeling better, still skating though the pain. Hope your back gets better dude

Anyone here every play semi-pro football? I'm just curious if there really is any player development aspect to these leagues? From watching the local league it mostly looks like former high school players that just aren't quite ready to hang it up yet.

That's more or less what they are. All the development for NFL and such is done in college, it's not a minor league systems like the NHL and MLB have.

Not that I've played, but it's pretty much common knowledge.

That's pretty much what I figured. The local semi-pro league is putting out feelers for sponsers and there's some strong suggestion that they are developing players. I'm sure it's possible that some of these guys might play for a bit and go off to play some college ball somewhere.