Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

how many pucks do you have to shoot into the guys pads to realize you have to go high on him?

Miller was pretty stellar in net tonight.

hopefully we can put a win together against montreal tommorrow...(hint...go high on price)

Gunnarsson didnt look too good after going into the boards.

I hope they miss that "go high" memo tomorrow as well. *L* As good as Price has played lately...high glove has still been a weaknes (witness: Crosby's goal the other night).

Kessel scares me though....he looks like he could score on almost every shift. Flying everywhere and getting lots of good shots.

why the heck was Komisarek break dancing on that second goal in front of Gustavson? oh man i just realized that when i was watching the highlights...lol...

Jonas Gustavsson Taken to Hospital

12/1/2009

AM640 News has learned Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson has been taken to hospital with an elevated heart rate. Few details are known at this point as to how serious the situation is.

He left the game against the Montreal Canadiens after the first period.

I hope it's nothing more than a precaution, anything to do with your heart and your brain can not be taken lightly

Jonas Gustavsson Taken to Hospital

12/1/2009

AM640 News has learned Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson has been taken to hospital with an elevated heart rate. Few details are known at this point as to how serious the situation is.

He left the game against the Montreal Canadiens after the first period.

I hope it's nothing more than a precaution, anything to do with your heart and your brain can not be taken lightly

he is out indefinitely...gustavson out indefinitely

Burke said the Chicago deal was dead, so who knows.

Any Carolina (or Q) fans know much about Paradis? I tried to go to HF, but its overrun by people trashing on Burke and having a Tlusty love-fest.

From what I've gathered, Paradis is a much safer prospect, a guy who can play on any line. Tlusty was top six or bust. Not really a surprising move, Tlusty obviously wasn't Burke's guy. I don't know if he was given all the chances he might have deserved, but I'd rather get rid of him when he at least had some value. Burke's top six next year probably looks something along the lines of Kessel-Bozak-Stalberg-Grabs-Kadri-UFA. Makes no sense to keep Tlusty who is a RFA (I think), especially given the fact that he is both Euro and has a sense of entitlement as evidenced by his training camp performance.

tlusty never impressed me, just one good ahl player, justin williams and other marlies that left was way better, won't say nothing about the trade until i know more about paradis though

The thought was that Chicago would have to make a trade to announce the signing of the three guys today. My guess is they talked Keith into taking less in order to keep the team intact through the rest of the season and the playoffs.

The thought was that Chicago would have to make a trade to announce the signing of the three guys today. My guess is they talked Keith into taking less in order to keep the team intact through the rest of the season and the playoffs.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300811

hawks ain't gonna change much next few years

Burke said the Chicago deal was dead, so who knows.

Any Carolina (or Q) fans know much about Paradis? I tried to go to HF, but its overrun by people trashing on Burke and having a Tlusty love-fest.

From what I've gathered, Paradis is a much safer prospect, a guy who can play on any line. Tlusty was top six or bust. Not really a surprising move, Tlusty obviously wasn't Burke's guy. I don't know if he was given all the chances he might have deserved, but I'd rather get rid of him when he at least had some value. Burke's top six next year probably looks something along the lines of Kessel-Bozak-Stalberg-Grabs-Kadri-UFA. Makes no sense to keep Tlusty who is a RFA (I think), especially given the fact that he is both Euro and has a sense of entitlement as evidenced by his training camp performance.

Here's what I gathered. Big kid, very developed physically for his age. Strong and can throw his weight around. Has a bullet shot (seems like a 100% consensus on the kid), but it's not overly accurate and that's why he doesn't score more. He can grind and throw big hits (his coach claimed he was one of the best hitters in the Q at 17 years old), but he lacks top line potential.

Hence the use of the past tense, "The thought WAS......"

I'd just like to go on the record now that giving Keith a no movement clause might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

I'd just like to go on the record now that giving Keith a no movement clause might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

WOW. Did they really? I understand the thinking behind the long term deals, get a great player for cheap on the cap hit and lock him up young for a long time... but to handicap yourself like that with a NMC really screws them over. I'm with Chadd on this one. Chi will regret that at some point in his career. You would think a 13 year deal would make him almost immovable to begin with... When will GMs learn.

It probably obvious, but the NMC likely lowered Keith's overall salary. Kaberle is one player who comes to mind who took a less than market value salary in return for a NTC. I don't think they're a bad thing for short term contracts, but on a 13 year deal is outrageous.

i knew it i should have taken Kessel instead of Havlat...stupid Havlat

Joey Mac played a great game...alot of good saves...

nice to see a marlie kicking tail in the SHOW...heres hoping he has more success. good job jonny mac!!!

I think I understand the thinking behind it, though. It might be tough to get a guy to sign that long-term if they have the fear in their head of being wheeled to hockey purgatory for a large balance of their contract.

I think I understand the thinking behind it, though. It might be tough to get a guy to sign that long-term if they have the fear in their head of being wheeled to hockey purgatory for a large balance of their contract.

It's still a bad move on the part of management. I think contract length and "no movement" clauses will be addressed in the next CBA.

I think once the economy swings back around in the next few years you're going to see a lot of these players in ridiculous length deals being very unhappy.

I think once the economy swings back around in the next few years you're going to see a lot of these players in ridiculous length deals being very unhappy.

The only people who will really be happy are Di Pietro and Redden, guys who either can't stay healthy or whose play has seriously dropped off. Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa, etc, will likely be paid under market value for the entirety of their careers.

what a game <_<, the raycroft trade is looking stupider and stupider, man can we do with rask now, even though most goals on joey mac he can't do much about it same with tosk

edit: spoke too early, man what a game <_< one of the few games we actually haven't dominated the team and get nothing out of it

well sometimes you just gotta lose, that's an undeniable fact in hockey and any other sport, sometimes the opponent gets the better of you.

for the leafs it's almost better having a blowout loss than having another of those excruciating 'we played our hearts out, controlled the play and made two mistakes that cost us' type of games cause those are heartbreakers.

sort of saw that one coming...a few factors

toronto beat columbus even though columbus was a better team...they thought this was easy after the way they lost last night?

montreal beat boston pretty badly and they really wanted to make up for it

Rask usually always kicks the crap out tdot...

speaking of horrible trades...that Brad Boyes trade wasnt all that good either...for toronto... and then for boston...