Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

Kessel was in the perfect situation last season. He had Savard feeding him the puck and Lucic creating the space. That is what a player like Kessel needs to be truly successful.

Agreed. Look at a guy like Bourque, he was only a few seasons in when his fighting days were essentially over.

That's another great example. They practically fought in shifts on those Bruins teams, and he had to be ordered to keep his gloves on even after he had his jaw broken.

If Jay Miller and Chris Nilan could share a bench, anyone can.

dunno who they are...not my era of hockey :P

state of the nyi boards are disgraceful, i don't think they share the arena either, some pretty bad reffing too both ways

any news on Gunnar and mitchell retruning anytime soon?

really looking forward to the edmonton game. 2 of my favorite teams. hopefully its a real exciting game to watch and high scoring. :D

I heard something about Grabo on TSN...but was in the other room...is he a healthy scratch tonight? Or was he sent to the Marlies?

[EDIT]: n/m looks like he's been demoted to the 4th line...not the farm team.

I heard something about Grabo on TSN...but was in the other room...is he a healthy scratch tonight? Or was he sent to the Marlies?

Grabo played really well tonight...was flying and puck hungry...

he plays really well when hes puck hungry.

now the overall leaf effort tonight (with the exception of the last 5 minutes)...i believe the correct term is "facepalm"

krapasarek...i dont know about this guy. i was surprised that he actually took a slap shot today and not a wrister from the point (which he did today as well)

mitchell and stalberg should be back soon (as per the game update)

i hope gunnarson comes back soon...that kid can play.

Grabo played really well tonight...was flying and puck hungry...

he plays really well when hes pissed off.

now the overall leaf effort tonight (with the exception of the last 5 minutes)...i believe the correct term is "facepalm"

krapasarek...i dont know about this guy. i was surprised that he actually took a slap shot today and not a wrister from the point (which he did today as well)

mitchell and stalberg should be back soon (as per the game update)

i hope gunnarson comes back soon...that kid can play.

FTFY

I don't think I've seen any players carry the puck so much and accomplish nothing like Grabovski and Blake. Repeatedly carrying the puck at full speed into the opponents zone, around the net, and completing the horseshoe almost back out to the point with a weak, off balance wrist shot on net.

Neither one has any interest in going anywhere near the net on a regular basis, and have the point totals to prove it. I don't know why Burke tolerates this type of player on his team.

Ponikarovsky and Kulimen are two more that have skill, size and strength, but just refuse to use it enough to make a consistent difference in the game. You might see a shift or two where they compete, but seem to think that the game will just come to them. Wallin is a headscratcher as to why he was even signed/not with the Marlies now. Stajan is a player that needs size and skill around him to produce, which the leafs don't have.

Its sad to say, but the only Leafs forward I see actually showing up night on night is Primeau and Stempniak.

When Wilson is fired and Burke cleans up the dead wood, I'll be a fan of this team again, but now, its pretty funny to watch.

need to vent a bit

i am getting more and more fed up with this team...

slowly beginning to lose faith in them...this past saturday was the first time i didnt care to watch the full game (havent felt that way in a few years)

i dont know...why in the hell did we sign komisarek and beauchemin, and stempniak and blake and wallin...

i would have given domenic moore half the money we gave komisarek (krapasarek) and brought up one of our guys from the marlies. at least with domenic moore he would have had blake playing well. but i guess thats the way weve always been. the second you see a glimmer of hope...TRADE IT FAST.

i wonder how much that second round pick we got from buffalo is helping jason blake right now?

someone needs to bite the bullet on this team and overhaul it AND TRULY REBUILD...thank god i enjoy watching hockey in general...because if i was only a leafs fan, id be uber uber uber pissed...but since i am a hockey fan first and a leafs fan second...iam just uber uber pissed.

:facepalm:

unfortunately that's what the rest of the league thinks of them too, so they ain't getting rid of anybody, and last time I checked I don't think you can put 15plus guys on waivers although I'm sure burke wants to at this point.

if you can't trade, can't waive and can't just flat out fire them your hands are tied

unfortunately that's what the rest of the league thinks of them too, so they ain't getting rid of anybody, and last time I checked I don't think you can put 15plus guys on waivers although I'm sure burke wants to at this point.

if you can't trade, can't waive and can't just flat out fire them your hands are tied

what about buying them out?

how many UFA's do we have at the end of the season

i really hope they keep poni and white...put some decent skilled size around stajan

has getzlaf signed in anaheim yet lool maybe hes an ufa at the end of the season ...

has getzlaf signed in anaheim yet lool maybe hes an ufa at the end of the season ...

good luck getting getzlaf. About the same chances as us landing Kovalchuck IMO.

I think this offseason we re-sign poni, white, mitchell and stajan. I'd keep Stempniak and Kulemin if they play to their potential between now and march.

We let go of Van Ryn, Exelby, Mayers and possibly Primeau, although I like the way he plays and has proven to be a valuable player for what we pay him. MVR Exelby and Mayers are taking up about 5 M right now, and Id expect Stajan and White to each be expecting a raise of ~2 M next year and probably at least 1 M for Mitch. It looks like Toskala is gone for sure, which is 4 Million in the pocket, but Gustavsson will likely be wanting a raise and we'll need a reliable backup next season. On top of the existing cap room, If we can negotiate some reasonable deals I'd say we only free up about 1 or 2 million in cap space, which according to thehockeygm.com leaves us with somewhere between 6-8 Million.

So, if we want a new star player come next year, we'd better either find some cheap grinding forwards and 7-8th string d-men, or buy out Blake/Finger or both.

I think this offseason we re-sign poni, white, mitchell and stajan. I'd keep Stempniak and Kulemin if they play to their potential between now and march.

We let go of Van Ryn, Exelby, Mayers and possibly Primeau, although I like the way he plays and has proven to be a valuable player for what we pay him. MVR Exelby and Mayers are taking up about 5 M right now, and Id expect Stajan and White to each be expecting a raise of ~2 M next year and probably at least 1 M for Mitch. It looks like Toskala is gone for sure, which is 4 Million in the pocket, but Gustavsson will likely be wanting a raise and we'll need a reliable backup next season. On top of the existing cap room, If we can negotiate some reasonable deals I'd say we only free up about 1 or 2 million in cap space, which according to thehockeygm.com leaves us with somewhere between 6-8 Million.

So, if we want a new star player come next year, we'd better either find some cheap grinding forwards and 7-8th string d-men, or buy out Blake/Finger or both.

i'll keep them just because they work hard every night/have potential (well not reall primeau) lol

i hate exelby, kubina's would be soooo much better AND we'll have a good right hand shot from the point on our crappy PP that was somehow no. 1 for awhile

i'll keep them just because they work hard every night/have potential (well not reall primeau) lol

i hate exelby, kubina's would be soooo much better AND we'll have a good right hand shot from the point on our crappy PP that was somehow no. 1 for awhile

It wasn't Kubina vs. Exelby. It was Kubina vs. Exelby and the cap space to sign Komisarek.

btw getzlaf isnt a free agent till 2013/14

i am all out of ideas lol

kovalchuk in the playoffs would scare me though...for some reason he disappears when there are bigger games. however with some decent talent around him maybe he has less pressure and performs...

however maybe kovi is going to detroit...kessel kessel kessel...he better start skating like the wind and learn something other than the toe drag :ph34r:

kovalchuk in the playoffs would scare me though...for some reason he disappears when there are bigger games. however with some decent talent around him maybe he has less pressure and performs...

however maybe kovi is going to detroit...kessel kessel kessel...he better start skating like the wind and learn something other than the toe drag :ph34r:

Kessel's initial excitement and performance is starting to diminish. He is a good player but he doesn't get much help in Leafland.

The big problem with the Leafs is that Brian Burke thinks he is a genius. Mr. "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence" hasn't done anything except hang Kessel out to flap in the wind and stockpile a bunch of 3rd line defencemen.

It wasn't Kubina vs. Exelby. It was Kubina vs. Exelby and the cap space to sign Komisarek.

true true

i just found a stadium quieter than acc farhan~, madison square garden lol i was watching last nights B's vs. rangers game and man, they didn't cheer for anything except goals

Kessel's initial excitement and performance is starting to diminish. He is a good player but he doesn't get much help in Leafland.

The big problem with the Leafs is that Brian Burke thinks he is a genius. Mr. "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence" hasn't done anything except hang Kessel out to flap in the wind and stockpile a bunch of 3rd line defencemen.

The biggest problem with the Leafs is that everyone else thinks Burke is a genius. He tinkered a little in Anaheim and got a Cup but he is not a team builder.

one of the worst leafs game of the season <_< i mean when wallin's your best player, sigh...guvstavssons gonna have to retire early with hip and groin injuries if this keeps happening

but for some reason it seems more exciting to watch than the winter classic lol

did anyone see the malkin-esque dangles by kulemin that lead to nothing in the 2nd? :lol:

one of the worst leafs game of the season <_< i mean when wallin's your best player, sigh...guvstavssons gonna have to retire early with hip and groin injuries if this keeps happening

did anyone see the malkin-esque dangles by kulemin that lead to nothing in the 2nd? :lol:

its good to see kulemin finally come around...he will get alot better...as long as burke doesnt get rid of him, i really hope he doesnt.

i didnt even bother watching most of last nites game...after 2-0 i was like yah forget it...arent we officially eliminated now or close to it?

Schenn made Carcillo look like Mario lemieux on his goal...what was he thinking?