Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

So, who will get their 1st win first...The Raptors (who haven't even started yet) or the Leafs?

I think they're going to have to wait until the Blue Jays come back :lol:

Did you SEE the way the Jays played this year...?

I'm thinking maybe Toronto Nationals Lacrosse!

The Leafs are an utter joke. I especially like their PK. It basically consists of zero puck pressure - just standing there, and allowing the opposition to perform set plays. Wilson is a boob.

Dollars to donuts, I'm going to be sitting by the teevee watching Boston get the first overall pick for the next two years. But that's okay, because Kessel is just so awesome.

Real fans of the team have been waiting for a full scale rebuild since the lockout. And now that they're bad enough to have it happen properly, they trade away their picks. Idiots.

The Blues do that same shit. The passive box right? And I completely forgot about that Kessel stuff. Man Boston will be a powerhouse over the next decade. Sidenote I bet the Raptors win first

Congrats on the first win (okay,there are two minutes left, but i doubt Anaheim is going to pull off 3 goals in 2 minutes to tie it :D)

game in 6 for anyone that doesnt have the leafs tv network and wants to watch more than just the highlights on sportsnet lol

lmfao Orr tried to make the linesman give him a little more time in the fight and bowled him right over, then gets taken down by Parros.

game in 6 for anyone that doesnt have the leafs tv network and wants to watch more than just the highlights on sportsnet lol

lmfao Orr tried to make the linesman give him a little more time in the fight and bowled him right over, then gets taken down by Parros.

That should have been a ten game suspension for Orr

I didn't even think was up for debate....touching a ref is an auto... (oh, wait...it's the Leafs) <_<

/realize I'm a Habs fan open to TONS of ribbing for that...but what the hell!

I didn't even think was up for debate....touching a ref is an auto... (oh, wait...it's the Leafs) <_<

/realize I'm a Habs fan open to TONS of ribbing for that...but what the hell!

The rules don't matter anymore as long as Campbell doesn't think the guy meant to do it.

I was at the game last night.

WONDERFUL time! There was a GOOD number of leafs fans there. Leafs cheering was overpowering the Ducks cheers pretty easily.

You should have seen all the Ducks fans leaving the arena after the Leafs got 5 goals. Loved it.

my hate for rebieiro has deepened oh so much more, you would think the refs will know he likes to dive now <_<

You have to admit, that was a sweetass tip he had to tie it.

ye, he's good, but man does he get me going :angry: just a moment before too many men? lol, things don't go the leafs way do they

ye he has skill no doubt, just a moment before too many men? lol, things don't go the leafs way do they

It was close. Might've been a make-up call for the no call on the highstick to Grossman's face. ;)

is Robidas going to permanently wear that itech mask or is it just part of his injury rehab?

He started the year without it, only recently I've seen him back in it. So who the hell knows. Drew might.

Its nice to see many of the struggling Leafs play well as of late, namely Stempniak, Grabo, Blake, Komisarek, and Kulemin. Gus has the ability to make big saves early on that keep the Leafs in the game, something we haven't had this year. I'm not saying he is a Calder candidate after two games, but you can tell from watching him in such a short amount of time that he has the makings of a world class goalie. Whether he can improve and play like such consistently remains to be seen, but its nice to have a little faith in the guy between the pipes for once. Kulemin needs to be in the lineup no matter what. He is our best back-checker, and I truly believe he has the talent to be a 30-30 guy. I think he has the highest upside of any Leaf forward currently on the roster, and its a shame that Wilson rotates him and Mayers (who simply needs to leave the team). He needs to play consistently on the top two lines.

Its nice to see many of the struggling Leafs play well as of late, namely Stempniak, Grabo, Blake, Komisarek, and Kulemin. Gus has the ability to make big saves early on that keep the Leafs in the game, something we haven't had this year. I'm not saying he is a Calder candidate after two games, but you can tell from watching him in such a short amount of time that he has the makings of a world class goalie. Whether he can improve and play like such consistently remains to be seen, but its nice to have a little faith in the guy between the pipes for once. Kulemin needs to be in the lineup no matter what. He is our best back-checker, and I truly believe he has the talent to be a 30-30 guy. I think he has the highest upside of any Leaf forward currently on the roster, and its a shame that Wilson rotates him and Mayers (who simply needs to leave the team). He needs to play consistently on the top two lines.

Kulemin reminds me of Neal. Both are puck hounds. Both are skilled, and both are just plain beasts.

totally agree i thought mayers was a good signing last year but damn when he plays <_< , he needs to go

kulemin is fast as hell

i think with him its an issue of confidence and the language. once he gets that going, that mofo is definitely going to be a 30-30 guy. he needs to get a bit more physical too...i remember watching his highlights on youtube and thinking... :rolleyes:

check it out. pretty powerful too eh.

he needs to do that staal-esque drive to the net move, i haven't seen him do it once in the nhl, he's got plenty potential though

maybe we can trade for malkin and he'll probably be a 20-60 guy lol

looks like kessel may be back next tuesday kessel status

Stalberg got sent down to the marlies. hopefully it gives him some more ice time and a chance to get his game going. I am going to the marlies game on sunday when they play the AHL pens so it should be fun.

the boys played a good game last night even though they lost. looks like they are moving thier legs. buffalo is a pretty fast team so it was good to see them keep up a bit.

gustavson was pretty solid too.

with all the bounces other teams are getting against us, they have to start going in our favor sooner or later. i think we hit 3 posts last night. it was awesome to see them tie it so late in the game with less than a minute to go and not give up.

there is usually a 2 game thingy i remember hearing about...if you outplay your opponents for 2 games but lose, the third one is usally a win. if you get outplayed but win 2 in a row, the third is usually a loss.

lets hope that holds true and we can beat the habs tonight and put a good string of wins together.