Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

Wow, there's seriously some lady and her son behind the Penguins bench. He's wearing a penguins third jersey with a line through the logo and she's wearing a cup champions shirt with the same thing. That's off the charts kind of pathetic.

Just watched this little montage on Mark Eaton and the Notre Dame football team honoring him at a game. Makes me think again we really missed out on something special in Philly by trading him prematurely. I remember the whole deal with Clarke drafting him, the first Delaware Valley prospect to be drafted by the Flyers. In fact Eaton is from my hometown of Wilmington, DE. Dave Poulin was coaching Notre Dame and was lobbying for him to stay and at least play a second season there, but the Flyers wanted him to turn pro because they thought he was ready. He only played twenty-something games for the Flyers when they traded him to Nashville. I remember Clarke calling the kid "kind of arrogant." I idealized Clarke as a player but this is just another case of where is personal feelings about a player got in the way of making sound management decisions.

On another note, just heard the Pens play-by-play guy going on about the Flyers 4th line and how they put too much emphasis on getting the tough guys out...after Guerin scored on a breakaway because of a bad D change. The only reason Cote and Asham are playing tonight is that both Betts (separated shoulder) and JVR (concussion) are injured. I wish these guys would do a minute or two of research (eg looking at the injury report) before they say such stupid shit.

What is killing the Flyers tonight is their sloppy sloppy play in the D zone leading to BAD turnovers. Oh look, Coburn just put the puck in his own net off Emery's skate. Yea! It almost looks like the Pens are in the Flyers heads a bit too much, like the Devils and Sens of old.

The Pens play-by-play guys are tards. Biggest homer announcers I've heard, especially Steggy or w/e his name is. Just the way he calls the games make the most mundane tasks seem like we're watching Superman perform miracles. I'd rather listen to Rick Jeannerette scream 'scooooooooooooaaaaaaarrrreesss' the whole game.

Mike Richards, I'm sure someone took his number after tonight. Pierre McGuire's boyfriend really classed it up tonight.

i'm just curious what happened with letang & hartnell at the end there - i know everyone says the flyers are pretty dirty but why risk suspensions and stuff with 1 second left on the clock? did they feel the need to prove their reputation?

i'm just curious what happened with letang & hartnell at the end there - i know everyone says the flyers are pretty dirty but why risk suspensions and stuff with 1 second left on the clock? did they feel the need to prove their reputation?

Hartnell bit him.

Anyone actually see it happen or see tooth marks on his hand? I couldn't see from the replay, but Letang was sure acting like Hartnell bit him.

the postgame interview with letang pretty much said it all - he wouldn't say what hartnell did - he told all of the reporters to go ask hartnell what he did and said he wanted to know what hartnell's answer was - letang didn't look like he was happy at all

id like to know why flyer fans still chant "crosby sucks". its his fifth year, and all hes done is raise his game when they do that. you'd think they'd learn :huh:

as for letang/hartnell......just wow

Cause it's Philly...the same reason we boo Ovechkin, or Brodeur, or a Manning or Romo/Owens :)

...or santa.

Oh how could I forget good ol' Santa Claus. I think the only opposing player we've ever cheered would have to be Michael Irvin.....and he was on a stretcher at that point...SMH <_<

I CANNOT believe Richards got a five and a game for that. TEXTBOOK hit. Lead with the shoulder, didn't leave his feet. That's why the teach you not to admire your own pass!!!

Can't wait to see what the league says about this.

The result is what gave him the penalty. I mean, the span between pass and hit is a fraction of a second.

This hit looks a lot worse than the one tonight, which got no penalty.

The result is what gave him the penalty. I mean, the span between pass and hit is a fraction of a second.

This hit looks a lot worse than the one tonight, which got no penalty.

The hit tonight was worse as it was from the blind side and it looks like he went for the head. Hard to tell with the angles I've seen so far but looks like exactly the type of hit that doesn't belong in the league. The puck is gone and the guy throwing the hit knows it is gone.

On another note, JVR looked very impressive at times, but there were certainly moments he appeared awkward. The game also had the fewest people in attendance I'd personally seen in recent Flyers' games.