Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Tim Thomas with a broken (fractured?) hand?? Yikes B's fans...

He may start on Friday. Plus he has been backing up Rask so I don't think it's that serious.

After the way they played in Montreal, you knew they they were going to have a better game last night. I was happy to see Boychuk get another chance to play. It would have been interesting if Lucic hadn't got hurt.

When they come back on Thursday it should be a good game.

Don't get too excited. The Leafs are at the bottom of the barrel for a reason. I'd like to see the B's put together this kind of a night against a real opponent.

While I somewhat agree with you, if they were to play a game like last night against the Sharks or Caps, I'd say they'd be a strong Cup favorite. However, I don't think they have enough offense to be considered among the favorites. On the other hand, they're 7-2-1 over their last ten games, so it's fair to think that they've turned their season around and should be considered at least a contender.

The way I look at it is if they had continued to play like they had at the start of the season, they probably would have held onto all their picks. But if they're still playing this way in February -- strong defense but anemic offense -- it won't surprise me if they trade their first rounder for a scorer.

Hard for me to say the B's have turned any kind of corner after watching Friday's no-show against the Habs. Too many giveaways and too many missed coverages in their game for my liking. Matt Hunwick is one turnover from a 2 week confidence stint with the P-Bruins. There are sophomore slumps and then there is what Hunwick is doing this season.

In 2007, when the Sox were running away with the division, yet the lead dropped from 12 games to 9, one of my friends asked us our predictions for where the Sox would end up in the standings. It was amazing how much more pessimistic the predictions were for those remaining in New England.

It caused one of my friends to make a comment to another that I'm going to pass along to you, chippa: "You REALLY need to move away from New England!"

I'll never leave and will most likely die no more than 15 miles from where I was born, a true New Englander.

As for the B's, they are having too much trouble scoring and the D is having way too many unforced giveaways to expect them to make any noise past the first round. Now, if the D shapes up and they put a bonafide scorer on Savard's wing then maybe we'll have something to talk about. Absent of that, the B's will be a decent regular season team that gets bumped in the first round.

I agree about the offense, but they're sixth in the league for Goals Against, with it trending downward over the past six weeks. If they continue this pace, they might end up around the second or third best team defensively, which would make them a contender, but a true scorer would make them a favorite.

So, guys, is holding onto Lucic all damn season in fantasy hockey going to pay off for me? :)

Tuuka Rask gonna takeover for Tim Thomas sooner rather than later, its hard not to play the guy when he plays so well..

Depending on how deep your league is, Lucic is probably not a high value pick. I would have projected him for a hair over 20 goals heading into this season so there are definitely a lot better forward options out there. As for Rask and Thomas, one strategy that I try to use in fantasy hockey is that I'll try to get both goalies on a team that I expect to have strong goaltending stats, that way you can start one of them and the other is your backup, protecting you no matter who gets the starting nod.

On to last night's game, I thought the B's played better, for the most part, than they did on Saturday. They wilted a little under the Toronto attack early in the third but other than that played a pretty solid game. I'll have to say, the third was one of the most fun periods to watch in a while.

Depending on how deep your league is, Lucic is probably not a high value pick. I would have projected him for a hair over 20 goals heading into this season so there are definitely a lot better forward options out there. As for Rask and Thomas, one strategy that I try to use in fantasy hockey is that I'll try to get both goalies on a team that I expect to have strong goaltending stats, that way you can start one of them and the other is your backup, protecting you no matter who gets the starting nod.

On to last night's game, I thought the B's played better, for the most part, than they did on Saturday. They wilted a little under the Toronto attack early in the third but other than that played a pretty solid game. I'll have to say, the third was one of the most fun periods to watch in a while.

gotta agree there, was at the edge of my seat the entire third, whilst i fell asleep in the first 2 <_<

I've had a night to sleep on it and I still don't get why Sobotka's "first goal" last night was disallowed.

I was listening on the radio & they made it sound like it wasn't a questionable call. When I saw the replay I thought the same thing. The excuse that the goalie wasn't able to play the puck made no sense. It wasn't like the shot came from the point & a Bruin ran into him. Sobotka had the puck and shoveled it in.

The B's were awful in that third period & really didn't deserve a point. They better have some good practices this week they have a tough weekend coming up.

Yes and no. Sobotka was jamming at it first, then the defenseman slid into Boucher. In any event, when NESN stated the reason given by the league, it sounded more like revisionist history, as in "We know our ref screwed up, but we have to back him, so we'll just try throwing this slop on the wall and hope it sticks."

I've noticed lapses in effort the last two games, which they had seemed to clean up over the past month. Hopefully, this will only be an isolated blip.

Second topic, Rask is outplaying Thomas. Maybe this is because he's working a lighter load, but I'd hate to be in Julien's position. He knows what he SHOULD do, but realizes he can't.

Thomas has been fighting it for a little while. I think whatever was up with his hand is worse than they have let on and is affecting his play. It seems a lot more pucks are popping off of the catching glove.

This is the second weekend this month where Boston has had back to back fri-sat games, and they're both on NHL network, so I don't get them on center ice. crappy. I spent the whole week looking forward to chilling with the dog and a giant bowl of popcorn. I still can, but it's less enjoyable without the bruins.

God forbid the nhl not squeeze every dollar possible by just showing the nhl network games on center ice.