Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

The league was in a loose loose situation. They effed themselves when they failed to suspend Richards. They were now faced with being hyppocritical, or not suspending a player they clearly should have. As much as I wanted Cooke to be penalized, maybe this is a sign of more consistant calls from Colin. He used to say each play was mutually exclusive.

I don't know if it was a loose loose situation, they were pretty tight on ruling the same way. However, if you meant lose lose situation, then yes, they were in a pickle of not being able to come out of this in a good way. :P

The league was in a loose loose situation. They effed themselves when they failed to suspend Richards. They were now faced with being hyppocritical, or not suspending a player they clearly should have. As much as I wanted Cooke to be penalized, maybe this is a sign of more consistant calls from Colin. He used to say each play was mutually exclusive.

2 wrong decisions don't make a right one.

The precedent was already set that under the current rules a certain type of hit would not merit supplemental discipline. Without changing the rules there really was nothing to be done.

Jerk... lol Midterms drained a lot out of me.

I don't know if it was a loose loose situation, they were pretty tight on ruling the same way. However, if you meant lose lose situation, then yes, they were in a pickle of not being able to come out of this in a good way. :P

So I was driving home from work last night (in Pittsburgh) listening to the local sports talk radio show talk about the Matt Cooke incident. Apparently Jack Edwards had called in to the show earlier in the week and made some comments about how the league left the B's no choice but to get revenge for the Savard hit and how season ticket holders wont renew if the B's let this slide, Crosby needs to loose 8 teeth, eye for an eye, etc (I'm paraphrasing, I didn't hear the piece).

The callers and the host were going pretty rough on Edwards for the comments & I guess Jack was listening & called the show. :o He pretty much tore the host a new one and said his comments were being taken out of context, etc. Pretty funny stuff. In the end they kinda kissed & made up but Jack was pretty pissed off.

For the record, I listen to the show all week and the overwhelming majority of the callers (Penguins fans) said it was outrageous that Cooke wasn't suspended, Colon Campbell is a joke and some even suggested that the Penguins should have suspended Cooke.

Should make for an interesting game tomorrow. I remember how I felt last year when Ovechkin took Gonchar out of the playoffs with the knee on knee hit. I wanted him dead. I can understand if Bruins fans are upset about the Cooke cheapshot but I hope it doesn't turn in to a goon fest. Hopefully Cooke will drop the gloves on the first shift of the first period, get his ass whipped and we can move on.

It does worry me, though, what will happen if either team has a big lead late in the 3rd..

So I was driving home from work last night (in Pittsburgh) listening to the local sports talk radio show talk about the Matt Cooke incident. Apparently Jack Edwards had called in to the show earlier in the week and made some comments about how the league left the B's no choice but to get revenge for the Savard hit and how season ticket holders wont renew if the B's let this slide, Crosby needs to loose 8 teeth, eye for an eye, etc (I'm paraphrasing, I didn't hear the piece).

The callers and the host were going pretty rough on Edwards for the comments & I guess Jack was listening & called the show. :o He pretty much tore the host a new one and said his comments were being taken out of context, etc. Pretty funny stuff. In the end they kinda kissed & made up but Jack was pretty pissed off.

For the record, I listen to the show all week and the overwhelming majority of the callers (Penguins fans) said it was outrageous that Cooke wasn't suspended, Colon Campbell is a joke and some even suggested that the Penguins should have suspended Cooke.

Should make for an interesting game tomorrow. I remember how I felt last year when Ovechkin took Gonchar out of the playoffs with the knee on knee hit. I wanted him dead. I can understand if Bruins fans are upset about the Cooke cheapshot but I hope it doesn't turn in to a goon fest. Hopefully Cooke will drop the gloves on the first shift of the first period, get his ass whipped and we can move on.

It does worry me, though, what will happen if either team has a big lead late in the 3rd..

Edwards is a dolt. He talks like he is a hockey expert but really doesn't know a lot. He'll go on about how awful composite sticks are & give his opinion on hockey where he has no experience to fall back on. No one should take what he has to say seriously. NESN has a show called the "Instigators" which usually has Mike Milbury, Andy Brickley, & Edwards talk about hockey. Milbury consistently shows how little Edwards knows about the game.

As far as there rematch next week I really don't expect the Bruins to do much. Trust me I hope & pray I'm wrong but they haven't responded to any adversity all year & I don't think this will be any different. They should come out & hit the Penguins all night & make them work hard for anything they get. They don't need to cheap shot Cooke or Crosby. They need to play the in your face physical game that they had so much success last year.

They will lose season ticket holders if they continue to play the lifeless hockey they have played most of this year. Hopefully it will be more like the Philly game from here on out.

Watching the B's these days is like a car wreck. I know it's gonna be bad but I watch anyways.

Edwards had a good one tonight. With about 11 - 12 minutes left in the third & with the Bruins down by two he says "If they can win in regulation they will leapfrog over the Canadiens into 7Th place." Hey Jack they have enough trouble scoring 3 goals a game never mind 3 in half a period.

In regards to the rematch against the Pens on Thursday, I'm hoping nothing stupid happens. Obviously, Cooke isn't going to oblige Thornton or Lucic so this is a case where Bergeron will probably have to step up and throw mitts.

I don't see it happening. Lucic may run and gun at Cooke, and I'm sure they'll come out hitting hard, but I think for the Bruins they need to focus on getting that 8th spot.

Cooke went after the Bruins offensive leader, I'm hoping Lucic cleans crosbys clock good and proper, legally on Thursday.

I'll be a Bruins fan for that one game, rooting for retribution

Cooke went after the Bruins offensive leader, I'm hoping Lucic cleans crosbys clock good and proper, legally on Thursday.

I'll be a Bruins fan for that one game, rooting for retribution

Nah, that wouldn't be right. Lucic shouldn't fight Crosby any more than he should have fought Georges Laraque.

Cooke should have to fight Lucic, but my guess is he won't step up to fight. The gutless POS didn't fight Steve Downie after that guy attempted to injure Crosby so I can't imagine he will fight anyone on the Bruins who can actually fight.

Lucic would kill Cooke, that wouldn't be a fight. Cooke should fight a similar type player. Maybe Thornton can give a lesson or two to guys like Sobotka and Wheeler and one of those guys could do it. I'd like to see Bergeron continue his leadership by example and take matters into his hands but I don't know if that will happen.

Cooke has had 17 fights in 11 seasons while Lucic has had 31 in 3. Definitely would not be a fair bout.

Either way that's one of the reasons I couldn't stand Cooke when he was a Canuck. Always starting stuff and then skating away with a bewildered look on his face. Sometimes he does get the short of the stick and gets targeted without reason, but many times there is more than enough reason to target him. I guess every team needs a guy like that though that can get other players off their games.

What I think is that players like Cooke don't belong in the game at all. They hide behind the instigator penalty and rarely, if ever, have to answer for their actions. The instigator penalty should be modified so that should a player attempt to agitate the opponent then such agitator should be fair game to start a fight with. Think about it, the point of an agitator is to make an opponent so angry that they do something, if that ain't instigating then I don't know what is.

Lucic would kill Cooke, that wouldn't be a fight. Cooke should fight a similar type player. Maybe Thornton can give a lesson or two to guys like Sobotka and Wheeler and one of those guys could do it. I'd like to see Bergeron continue his leadership by example and take matters into his hands but I don't know if that will happen.

Sobotka and Wheeler? That's a pair that should never be dropping the mitts, even Cooke would fight one of them ;)

I think Cooke will duck Lucic/Chara/Thornton. I definitely wouldn't want to see Bergeron do any fighting, the last thing the Bruins need is for him to be concussed again. I think if Cooke had his way he would fight Hunwick or Marchand and hope to avoid all the big boys for the rest of the night.

Wheeler was game a few weeks back and Sobotka seems like a guy who wants to but can't find anyone to take him seriously. Good point about Bergeron's soft squash although I doubt Cooke can do any damage with his fists.

It's the Bruins- I'd be surprised if their was any retaliation for the Cooke hit. In the games after Bergeron got hit from behind last year, did anyone have to answer the bell? (I honestly can't recall, but I want to say no, at least not the first rematch after the incident)

I don't like them at all but I can't help but feel bad for the Bs this year. They're cursed like Job; it's horrible.