Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Complete 180 from thursday night, but it certainly couldn't have gotten any worse from there.

I thought it was pretty funny to see Savard throwing at Alberts after the cross check on Sturm. Just didn't expect it at all.

It was very similar to the Stars game last year. That is one of the things you can count on with this team. They stand up for one another and don't take crap from anyone.

What was Jay Harrison & Tom Kostopoulos thinking when they took on Lucic & Chara?

I was thinking the same thing, it reminded me of the Star's game last year.

It's hard to hate Scott Walker when the guy he suckered is now his teammate. It's like, "Come on, guys, nail that Walker guy. He's got it coming for, well, for suckering that guy he, ummmmmmmm, he just fed at the point?"

Exactly. I thought it was funny when they were booing Walker, and the guy they're booing him over is now the opponent. Didn't quite understand it.

It's hard to hate Scott Walker when the guy he suckered is now his teammate. It's like, "Come on, guys, nail that Walker guy. He's got it coming for, well, for suckering that guy he, ummmmmmmm, he just fed at the point?"

Way too many sports fans just want to hate someone or something.

curious to see how the league reacts to the wideman hit on cole, that was a dirty hit all the day... he extended his knee outside of his skating path to make contact

no suspension, but fine should be coming

I can't think of anyone in the NHL with worse luck than Cole. You have to feel for this guy and all of the things that have happened to him.

Absolutely. And just when he was getting back up to speed in Carolina...

I still think his return was what pushed the Canes over the top against Edmonton. That took enormous balls.

curious to see how the league reacts to the wideman hit on cole, that was a dirty hit all the day... he extended his knee outside of his skating path to make contact

I don't believe there was any intent on the play. That is the danger of making a late cut-back on a guy lined up for a hit.

I don't believe there was any intent on the play. That is the danger of making a late cut-back on a guy lined up for a hit.

If you watch the replay I believe Cole makes contact with the back of Wideman's leg. It looked as though Wideman was reacting to the move Cole made on him. I really don't think it was dirty.

It seem the only "intent" was Wideman wanted to nail him, but when Cole cut back to the right (I think) Wideman made his stance wider, probably to make sure he still made contact.

It seem the only "intent" was Wideman wanted to nail him, but when Cole cut back to the right (I think) Wideman made his stance wider, probably to make sure he still made contact.

A very large percentage of the bad hits over the last couple years involve guys getting on the railroad tracks to make a big hit and then reacting poorly when the other guy tries to avoid the hit. If they can't deliver a clean hit, they have to give up on making a hit.

Good that they've got him signed but I wonder what it does to their cap situation. They were already pretty snug this year and I assume that this extension will up his average salary cap hit.

I believe that you have to stay under at all points during the season. These negotiations could have been the impetus for Sobotka starting the season in Providence.

Good that they've got him signed but I wonder what it does to their cap situation. They were already pretty snug this year and I assume that this extension will up his average salary cap hit.

It will go into effect after this season, so it should have no impact on their current cap situation.

What happens if a team goes above the salary cap? Is there a penalty of some sort assessed? Maybe a luxury tax?

Or is it simply not allowed?

The NHL will reject the contract

Well, here is the language. It seems that the average does go into effect in the current year in a slightly confusing way but the team can "tag" amounts from expiring contracts that it has for the current season. I suppose factors like Savard being in the last year of his deal creates space for Lucic's extension.

A Club shall only be permitted to sign a Player to an "extension"

of the existing SPC in the amount of: (A) the SPC of the Player to

be extended (then included in the Club's Averaged Club Salary);

plus (B) the Club's Payroll Room in the current year; plus © the

aggregate Averaged Amounts of any other SPC or SPCs that

expire at the end of such League Year (to extent the Club has other

such SPCs which are currently counting in the Club's Averaged

Club Salary); minus any previously Tagged Payroll Room. The

Tagging Rule referred to in paragraph (e)(iv)© above will

thereafter apply.

Illustration #1: A Club, during the 2005-06 League Year, has $1.5

million of Payroll Room, and it has $4 million in Averaged Amount of

SPCs scheduled to expire at the end of the 2005-06 League Year,

including the $1 million Averaged Amount of Player B's SPC. The

Club may "extend" Player B's SPC during the 2005-06 League Year

with Player Salary and Bonuses of up to an Averaged Amount of $5.5

million, and the Club shall be deemed to have $5.5 million of Tagged

Payroll Room.

I keep reading the B's would like another puck moving defenseman, but I think they need another defensive defenseman. I don't know how many times the Ducks passed from behind the B's net to wide open guys in the slot. It had to have happened at least seven times last night.

Hunwick is having a very shaky start to the season and Morris isn't looking too much sharper. I wouldn't be surprised if Boychuck gets the nod on Saturday instead of Hunwick.

Hunwick is having a very shaky start to the season and Morris isn't looking too much sharper. I wouldn't be surprised if Boychuck gets the nod on Saturday instead of Hunwick.

Boychuck should definitely get a look tonight. Hunwick and Stuart have struggled as a unit. I think Hunwick must be putting a lot of pressure on him self because he has looked nothing like he did at the end of last year.

My guess is Rask should get the start tonight as well.