Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Boychuk didn't look bad back there. I think if he plays it simple, he'll relax and his game will come into form. Then they can hopefully unload Ference.

Plus the way Toronto's playing the B's are looking at a lottery pick this year.

The way things are looking, the losses of Axelsson and Yelle are definitely hurting the B's. The penalty killing has been horrible and their defensive coverage has been spotty, at best.

The way things are looking, the losses of Axelsson and Yelle are definitely hurting the B's. The penalty killing has been horrible and their defensive coverage has been spotty, at best.

Who'd have thought "gumby" was that essential? I think the Begin/Yelle thing is a wash. Time will tell though.

Who'd have thought "gumby" was that essential? I think the Begin/Yelle thing is a wash. Time will tell though.

I think the pk will come around. They haven't been consistent in any one game except the win over the Canes. As bad as they have looked at times in there losses there have been spots in those games where they have dominated.

And for the love of god I hope Jack Edwards doesn't keep harping on last years game with the Stars on Friday night. I wish NESN would replace him with a better play-by-play announcer when his contract runs out.

He's not the best. His catchphrases are only slightly better than "laser beam" and "stapled".

The whole game in Dallas will be a comparison to the game last season. Edwards will be all over it each time the Stars take Ott off of the ice with the last change when one of Chara, Lucic, or Thornton are on for the B's.

He's not the best. His catchphrases are only slightly better than "laser beam" and "stapled".

The whole game in Dallas will be a comparison to the game last season. Edwards will be all over it each time the Stars take Ott off of the ice with the last change when one of Chara, Lucic, or Thornton are on for the B's.

Ott out for a week

Hopefully this will help Keep Jack from getting to excited.

If were lucky maybe he will go on about why he doesn't like composite sticks.................

I hope so. I hate watching a whole game only to be left wondering how Jack feels about those sticks.

As for Ott, we'll get to spend the whole game hearing about how lucky he is to be injured. Over/under on Edwards speculating that Ott is "injured" just to miss the B's in town, 2 minutes into broadcast.

I get schizophrenic about what I think the B's need. First I think it's a defensive defenseman, then another scorer, then more size, and even better goaltending. Finally, I realize the answer is purely more hustle. I understand these were back-to-back nights, but they haven't yet played consecutive games in which they skated hard in both.

I don't want to sound like a typical WEEI listener, but I'm beginning to wonder whether the team is tuning out Julien. It's his third season with them, he appears to be a demanding coach, and coaches have shelf lives, so it's not an unfathomable concept. I hope this isn't the case, but if the malaise continues for another 15-20 games, it wouldn't shock me if word starts to leak out that "maybe Julien has lost the locker room."

If the Bruins have tuned out Julien then they are idiots, plain and simple. They only have to look at their results last season to see that it does work.

I was perplexed by two decisions yesterday. The first was going with Thomas in back to back nights with travel thrown in and the second was calling up Lefebrve. When a first liner goes on the shelf then you should be filling that roster spot with a talent guy and not a 4th line mucker. That way you're only tinkering with one line and not 3 like they did last night.

I still think Morris is proving to be a big mistake. Heck, I don't think he was even a top pair guy when he was with a struggling Phoenix squad, who by the way are playing inspired hockey so far this season. Say, who pegged that team as up and comers, again.

Hey i have tixs for the B's-Pens game on the 10 and i got tixs in loge 1 and i have row row 3. Is this an actual glass seat? The sell claims it is but i am now unsure if it really is.

Unless he was causing problems in the locker room, this move by itself doesn't make much sense.

Unless he was causing problems in the locker room, this move by itself doesn't make much sense.

I can't see that being the case. Either another move is coming or Savard is getting an extension.

I can't see that being the case. Either another move is coming or Savard is getting an extension.

I agree, he just opened up a little under 2 mill. in cap space. Something else has to be in the works.

From things I've read over the past year-and-a-half, and assuming that Craig Weller will actually play with the parent club, I think the B's are looking to get bigger. They traded a 5'11"/192# guy for 6'4"/220# and freed up $2.33 million.

We have to assume they gave up some offense, however.

I'm curious if the Kobasew move was simply a way to open a roster spot. There are a few guys off to strong starts in Providence, most notable is Sobotka.

Given Weller wasn't listed among the call ups for the next game, I think you are probably more right about this being a move to create a spot, although I'm sure freeing money against the cap is huge.

although I'm sure freeing money against the cap is huge.

They're amassing a nice collection of draft pics as well

That's an interesting way to put it because, as long as missing Savard and Lucic doesn't lead them to drop significantly behind in the standings, it gives the younger players four to six weeks of NHL experience. Maybe someone like Sobotka earns a permanent roster spot.