Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Own team goals don't count. Lol J/K

I played with a guy that did that one night. Tipped three past our goalie in one game.

Just to close ranks on my post from a few days ago.... skated yesterday and this afternoon at public session and things are moving in the right direction.

Tried to play in my game Wednesday and couldn't - ribs too badly bruised. Then started to get bad pain in lower rib cage too... three days later still really hurting. Not sure how long this will last but I might be on the D/L a couple of weeks. Grrrrr.....

Tried to play in my game Wednesday and couldn't - ribs too badly bruised. Then started to get bad pain in lower rib cage too... three days later still really hurting. Not sure how long this will last but I might be on the D/L a couple of weeks. Grrrrr.....

There might be a few subs coming up in a couple of weeks..

HockeyMonkey is starting to make me mad. Almost every time I order something from them, either the price drops or a coupon comes out. I've emailed them every time and asked to be reimbursed the amount, but they always say they can't alter past orders. They're the only company that does not honor their own prices within 30 days, so I finally decided to call them on it, and asked either to get the reimbursement for shoulder pads that I just bought, or to let me know how I can return everything I've bought from them within 90 days (a couple hundred dollars worth). They called while I was gone on Friday to talk about the order, so I'll call them this week and see what happens, lol. BTW, I wasn't mean or disrespectful in the email. I just get tired of getting taken advantage of.

• Like 1

Leaving home tomorrow at 2pm, and after stops in Los Angeles and London I'll be arriving in South Africa two days later. Teaching a 4 day class (th/fri, mon/tue) then flying back next Wednesday (landing 5pm Thursday). Two hours later I'll be on the ice.

Then on the next Monday I leave again to go to Roswell NM with a layover in Dallas. Come back Thursday again landing just before game time. Get home from that game at 11pm and then get up early to fly to summer jam. Fly home Sunday in time to be on the ice again.

I'm going to need a LOT of coffee this month. And of course all this travel is in coach.

Edited by OptimusReim

HockeyMonkey is starting to make me mad. Almost every time I order something from them, either the price drops or a coupon comes out. I've emailed them every time and asked to be reimbursed the amount, but they always say they can't alter past orders. They're the only company that does not honor their own prices within 30 days, so I finally decided to call them on it, and asked either to get the reimbursement for shoulder pads that I just bought, or to let me know how I can return everything I've bought from them within 90 days (a couple hundred dollars worth). They called while I was gone on Friday to talk about the order, so I'll call them this week and see what happens, lol. BTW, I wasn't mean or disrespectful in the email. I just get tired of getting taken advantage of.

I just had a similar situation with them (Goalie Monkey). Ordered some new leg pads on Friday evening, then on Monday morning I saw the 20% off 4th of July sale on the Goalie Monkey homepage! I immediately contacted them Monday and spoke to a CSR who was very understanding, but his hands were tied. He then passed me on to a Supervisor or Manager who acted like his hands were tied and eventually gave me an additional 5% store credit (for a future purchase).

I was also very cordial with them and explained the obvious, imho it is a very flawed policy and they should have something set in place for these types of scenarios.

For what it is worth, I am in their retail location at least once a week.

I placed an order with HockeyMonkey around Thanksgiving, and the next day they changed their special to include free shipping. I used their "Chat with Us" customer service on the site, and they refunded my shipping no problem. Hopefully, they can make it right by you.

I placed an order with HockeyMonkey around Thanksgiving, and the next day they changed their special to include free shipping. I used their "Chat with Us" customer service on the site, and they refunded my shipping no problem. Hopefully, they can make it right by you.

Well, I did the chat thing with them and they said there's nothing they can do for me since the size I bought is out of stock. Nevermind the fact that when I originally sent them an email a week ago, my size was in stock. When I pointed that out they said no because I used a 10% off coupon. Oh well, I'll just shop at other hockey stores. IceWarehouse has always taken good care of me.

• Like 1

Well, I did the chat thing with them and they said there's nothing they can do for me since the size I bought is out of stock. Nevermind the fact that when I originally sent them an email a week ago, my size was in stock. When I pointed that out they said no because I used a 10% off coupon. Oh well, I'll just shop at other hockey stores. IceWarehouse has always taken good care of me.

If IW has what you need it's better to go to them anyway since you always get 15% off EVERY purchase if you're an iwin member :)

Best customer service ever. Some vendors could learn a thing or two from them. Admitting mistakes and fixing them... Novel idea!

Couple years back I wasn't so thrilled with IW. I ordered a then M11 in custom colors. I forget the promo but it was something to do with a freight allowed order. Well since I added some other odds and ends that shipped from IW and the helmet shipped direct they billed me the freight on the odds and ends making it not such a good deal. They ultimately made it right after a handful of emails and phone calls.

Really happy that my new guitar got here before my wife got home. Now I need to sell one or two before she figures out that it's here.

• Like 1

Really happy that my new guitar got here before my wife got home. Now I need to sell one or two before she figures out that it's here.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Bad news / Good News

Bad news: My 1x skate experiment is over. I failed and have given up. It's just too stiff... too something and I just could not get comfortable with it. I wasn't enjoying playing, I got hurt trying to break them in and I am not willing to go through this any more. It was humbling and depressing experience.

Good news: PH took them back as a return no questions asked! Wow.

• Like 5

1st world problem: the back lawn is starting to be infested with Canadian Thistle. It spreads virulently!

"Inglês?" has become my most used phrase at this point. Heh.

I have "Alo" app on my Apple Watch, which will translate my speech and actually speak the translation, but it can be slow because the 3G is slow as crap here. Should have bought a translation book, even a really basic one.

But at the same time, my boss told me everyone here speaks English. That's why I didn't prepare at all. But they definitely do not. Oh well. Most of the other places on my list will. (South Africa, Australia, Sweden, Germany, Amsterdam, London are all on my list) Even in places like Germany people will usually speak some English.

The ones I said no to were Pakistan, China, Japan and Mexico.

Why did you pass on Japan? I've heard from multiple people that it's a fantastic place to visit. Tokyo is on my bucket list.

That's part of it certainly, but mainly because on the list the Asian cities all had "requires translator" beside them. I'm an inexperienced enough instructor as it is without having to deal with that part. I'll leave those to the guy who has been teaching for decades.

Decided to get healthier, so I cut back on soda and chocolate almost entirely over the last year. In that time my blood sugar tripled. My cholesterol also went through the roof in the last year as well, even though I eat a ton of fruit and veggies now. Maybe I should go back to eating fast food again.

Are you eating a lot of breads and carbs, that will spike your blood sugar and cheese/meat will hit your cholesterol. I'd recommend adding some whole grains/cereals and fibrous veggies to your diet, that will help cut down those numbers.

Depending on which fruits you're eating, that could negatively impact your blood sugar, as well. The other factor is stress, that can have a major impact on cholesterol and blood sugar levels.

Edited by chippa13
  • Like 2

In past 24 hours I'm a magnet for pucks to unprotected areas. Last night took a wicked wrister to my inner thigh. Today took a slapper to my inside ankle, just above my skate and under shin.

Different legs, I'm limping around like I'm 90...

Work sends me to the other side of the planet for a week, to a hotel with no wifi, and then complains when I try to expense my roaming data charges (I *did* have an international plan set up but that's only 250MB. As an IT guy I went through that the first day.)

Oh well.

Also, back on a plane again... At least it's a short flight this time. 5 hours each way with layover is a whole lot better than the 30+ hours each way I did last week!