Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Became a member of the PHEW Facebook group and the amount of dum-dums I get into arguments with when giving advice makes me want to chop my goalie Keith Ballard style. "My feet hurt in 9.5 APX2 skates but they're top of the line. I came from a 10.5 Reebok 20K but the APX2s were on sale. Pls help."

No.

• Like 1

I'm visiting my family in New York and went for a run today. I got lost and went 3 more miles than I was supposed to and eventually just said screw it and went up to this random guy who let me use his phone and gave me a ride back to my aunts house.

Became a member of the PHEW Facebook group and the amount of dum-dums I get into arguments with when giving advice makes me want to chop my goalie Keith Ballard style. "My feet hurt in 9.5 APX2 skates but they're top of the line. I came from a 10.5 Reebok 20K but the APX2s were on sale. Pls help."

No.

Yea, I quickly left that group. I was hoping for a lot more buy/sell and a lot less stupid questions.

No.

Posts looking for "Any Bauer skates" in two different sizes (within a half size) also make me shake my head. Any Bauer skate even though there are three lines with different fit profiles? You'd also think that they'd want to get the right size rather than merely close enough. Some of the kids on there don't care if something fits as long as it looks cool and has a certain brand name.

Amusing, there is a thread on this site talking about how much name and branding matters. It would be interesting to see where people would shake out if everything was black and only difference was build, no identifying markers, other than build characteristics.

Long story short, bet A LOT of individuals would be playing in different equipment.

• Like 1

^^^ I will add, I'm not immune to this. My 10 y/o plays with a JR APX2 & QR1 as a back up. Though she doesn't pick her gear, I do. I play with a QR4(I break sticks, she doesn't). Plus, she's better than I am...

Edited by EJB

It would be interesting to see where people would shake out if everything was black and only difference was build, no identifying markers, other than build characteristics.

Absolutely agree. I love the stick challenge videos from Pure Hockey.

My partners and I were late getting in-service this morning because our ambulance was boxed in by no fewer than five other ambulances, and as a probie I had to wait for one of my partners to show up to move the other trucks (not allowed to drive yet) so we could even check the truck out. Then, of course, the truck needed supplies and the supervisor was like WHY ARE YOU NOT ON THE ROAD. Well, maybe if someone hadn't parked our ambulance behind five others with about 2 inches clearance on either side we'd have been in-service on time...

My partners and I were late getting in-service this morning because our ambulance was boxed in by no fewer than five other ambulances, and as a probie I had to wait for one of my partners to show up to move the other trucks (not allowed to drive yet) so we could even check the truck out. Then, of course, the truck needed supplies and the supervisor was like WHY ARE YOU NOT ON THE ROAD. Well, maybe if someone hadn't parked our ambulance behind five others with about 2 inches clearance on either side we'd have been in-service on time...

Ever wonder if someone from management was messing with you ?

My wife is anti-hockey.

It consumes our winters, my girls and I love it.

I love the way it makes me feel, I am in better shape at 40 than I was at 30.

I love what it does for our girls, physically, mentally, athletically, socially.

My wife doesn't have any hobbies (besides baking and watching reality TV). She says she misses adult interaction, having girl friends, and laments not being in shape.

Duh, I wish she could see that hockey would be a great solution.

For my wife, hockey is cold, boring, and a lot of work (volunteering for our girls hockey association)..for my adult games, I just show up, pay, and play.

My wife doesn't play, despite my efforts to involve her.

I ran the adult beginner program last year. She came twice, it was too late and too cold.

There is a local novice womens league...they play slow, and for fun. She won't try it.

One of her best college friends plays in a novice womens league about 2h away; I told her maybe she could get my wife into it.

That put my wife over the top. (I shouldn't have done that)

She and the mother of my younger daughter's best friend were talking about how they planned to talk the girls out of hockey. WTF?

Time for a Come-To-Jesus meeting.

I hate Come-To-Jesus meetings.

I have to fix my own fuckups (both real and the ones she perceives) before I can ask her to straighten her own shit out.

Been married 18 years. Seems like we do this on a 4-5 year cycle, and the last big donnybrook was about 4.5 years ago, so I guess we're due. :(

• Like 2

My wife is anti-hockey.It consumes our winters, my girls and I love it.I love the way it makes me feel, I am in better shape at 40 than I was at 30.I love what it does for our girls, physically, mentally, athletically, socially.My wife doesn't have any hobbies (besides baking and watching reality TV). She says she misses adult interaction, having girl friends, and laments not being in shape.Duh, I wish she could see that hockey would be a great solution.For my wife, hockey is cold, boring, and a lot of work (volunteering for our girls hockey association)..for my adult games, I just show up, pay, and play.My wife doesn't play, despite my efforts to involve her.I ran the adult beginner program last year. She came twice, it was too late and too cold.There is a local novice womens league...they play slow, and for fun. She won't try it.One of her best college friends plays in a novice womens league about 2h away; I told her maybe she could get my wife into it.That put my wife over the top. (I shouldn't have done that)She and the mother of my younger daughter's best friend were talking about how they planned to talk the girls out of hockey. WTF?Time for a Come-To-Jesus meeting.I hate Come-To-Jesus meetings.I have to fix my own fuckups (both real and the ones she perceives) before I can ask her to straighten her own shit out.Been married 18 years. Seems like we do this on a 4-5 year cycle, and the last big donnybrook was about 4.5 years ago, so I guess we're due. :(

Whoa.....

Today I got called a pussy because I told a guy to calm down after either being elbowed or cross checked to the chest in a very very low level (like a bunch of the players can't skate) and very uncompetitive league. The same player proceeded to slash my stick afterwards for no reason. Every single league it is the same thing over and over, the scouts are long gone guys it is time to calm down.

• Like 1

Whoa.....

Went out for appetizers and drinks last night, and talked a lot. At least we're on the same page about the girls hockey.

She says she likes it once we're in the season, but dreads it when we're not there yet.

Talked to my buddy, too. At least he and his wife are on the same page. Their daughter wants to do basketball, volleyball, AND hockey. They're hoping their daughter chooses to play girls hockey only...and vb/bb, instead of girls/coed/bb/vb. can't say I disagree...if she goes girls only, mine likely would, too. Our kid is still recovering from her bout with pneumonia. The 14U girls season isnt quite as rigorous as the Peewees (16 or so games vs 35ish) It would also put her on the same team as big sis. Mucho easier for us, plus less travel overall.

She still needs a hobby, but we're on the same page about the kids.

We had two guys like that a year ago, Hills. They really can ruin it for everybody. One quit, the other moved up to B. The B players keep him in check. Coed league, he used to board smaller people, usually women. Dick.

• Like 2

Today I got called a pussy because I told a guy to calm down after either being elbowed or cross checked to the chest in a very very low level (like a bunch of the players can't skate) and very uncompetitive league. The same player proceeded to slash my stick afterwards for no reason. Every single league it is the same thing over and over, the scouts are long gone guys it is time to calm down.

last week we played against a goalie that would chop anyone that got within ten feet of him. After a whistle with 3 or 4 seconds left on the clock, he started chopping at a guy that just happened to be skating in the general direction of the crease. I made my way down from the blue line and suggested that he grow up a bit. My suggestion was not well received.

• Like 2

I will never forget the time I told a grown man with kids to grow up when I was 20 after he punched me in the face because he thought I high sticked him... Hockey brings the worst out in people and all a bunch of us want to do is skate and have fun not be competitive.

I am tempted to bring out a sign next week that says "Due to delays at the border, there are no scouts in the stands this week"

• Like 3

Hockey bag fell out of my truck. Lost the whole set. pretty bummed and new set is not going to be near as nice on a college budget.

Is it gone like lost on the highway somewhere? If so you may want to check with whichever police dept (RCMP?) has jurisdiction. Someone may have turned it in.

• Like 2

Why in the blue hell does this cars steering wheel not have a track forward/back button? I can do everything under the friggin sun with it except change the song apparently.

And yes I realize you all said I'd be bitching about my car eventually. STFU.