Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Listening to my manager & owner complain about the quality of work of the other two employees in my department (both 30+ year employees), rave about the work I am doing, yet refusing to pay me equally, or at least offer a raise, until one of the two retires... 

• Like 2

On 12/21/2016 at 3:24 PM, JoeyJ0506 said:

Listening to my manager & owner complain about the quality of work of the other two employees in my department (both 30+ year employees), rave about the work I am doing, yet refusing to pay me equally, or at least offer a raise, until one of the two retires... 

Have you brought the subject up, and there was refusal to pay you equally?  If so, I'd offer to take my services elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, BenderHockey said:

Have you brought the subject up, and there was refusal to pay you equally?  If so, I'd offer to take my services elsewhere. 

Yessir, was told that there are not enough resources to bring me to their level, or even just compensate me a bit more fairly. The, "when _______ retires" comment came from that meeting. Issue being, the one that may retire really has no intention of doing so, at all. 

Last week an old school friend died. 31, by herself. Tuesday this week, I was repairing a punctured tyre at work when my mum rang to tell me my granny had just died. Then Thursday, after we had buried my granny, my friend Colin died. If life is trying to test my resolve, I'd really like it to stop. 

Anyway, I hope you all have a merry Christmas. Hug your friends and family, tell them you love them. Be kind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmes_D_83 said:

Last week an old school friend died. 31, by herself. Tuesday this week, I was repairing a punctured tyre at work when my mum rang to tell me my granny had just died. Then Thursday, after we had buried my granny, my friend Colin died. If life is trying to test my resolve, I'd really like it to stop. 

Anyway, I hope you all have a merry Christmas. Hug your friends and family, tell them you love them. Be kind. 

Damn man. That's an awful streak. Hang in there.

• Like 1

Ending 2016 with the quite the bang, major surgery. Had a lingering stiff neck and some weird feeling in my arm, turns out it's herniated discs and I need neck fusion surgery. Going under the knife Thursday. 

On 12/24/2016 at 4:43 PM, Holmes_D_83 said:

You have no idea how much you can handle, until you have to do it. I've lost a lot of people in the last year or so, including my wife. It never gets easier and the thoughts of them never go away, they just hurt a little less as time goes by. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chadd said:

You have no idea how much you can handle, until you have to do it. I've lost a lot of people in the last year or so, including my wife. It never gets easier and the thoughts of them never go away, they just hurt a little less as time goes by. 

I'm so sorry for your losses Chadd. Thank you for your kind words, I hope you had a good Christmas.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:09 PM, the_game said:

Ending 2016 with the quite the bang, major surgery. Had a lingering stiff neck and some weird feeling in my arm, turns out it's herniated discs and I need neck fusion surgery. Going under the knife Thursday. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

Howdy,

Grrrr.  NHL.TV and Yonder appear to be annoyed with each other.  I really wanted to watch some hockey tonight, not play network engineer.  :-(

Blackouts suck.

Mark

We had to take a 5 year old on a section (psych hold) yesterday.  Such a little guy.  He'd been witness to extensive violence in his life and was acting out in very serious ways.  Everybody (including family) knew it wasn't safe for him to be at home anymore, but that didn't make it any easier.  Parents went with him, whole family and neighbors would've come if there'd been room, so he has a supportive family and that's good, at least.  Caseworker said he's the youngest she's ever had to section (and I know she pulled some serious strings to get him a bed close to home).  I hope he does well. 

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Grrrr.  NHL.TV and Yonder appear to be annoyed with each other.  I really wanted to watch some hockey tonight, not play network engineer.  :-(

Blackouts suck.

Mark

Did your IP change? Make sure you hit the yonder site and let it update your IP information on the account.

Howdy,

37 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Did your IP change? Make sure you hit the yonder site and let it update your IP information on the account.

Yeah, I've done the normal reset your location stuff.  Also confirmed that the NHL.tv app worked without the Yonder DNS servers in place.  No dice.  Only thing I haven't tried is doing it from a PC instead of my xbox one.

Mark

26 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Yeah, I've done the normal reset your location stuff.  Also confirmed that the NHL.tv app worked without the Yonder DNS servers in place.  No dice.  Only thing I haven't tried is doing it from a PC instead of my xbox one.

Mark

I'll try mine tomorrow when the Kings game is on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Said my potentially last goodbye to a loved one yesterday. F Cancer. 

Seems wrong to "like" your post, but we'll pretend that's an "I agree, F Cancer" button. 

Sorry to hear, man. 

• Like 6

And now, some words of wisdom from the Grand Poobah of Knowledge: Burning Bear (really would like to change my horrible MSH handle)

When bringing your iPhone full of music to play during your New Year's Eve hockey game and the battery goes flat when you were sure it was fully charged, it would behoove you to consult with one of your tech-savvy teammates as opposed to spending all of your time on the bench repeatedly pressing the power and home buttons attempting to resuscitate it.

Moreover, after becoming red-in-the-face in frustration, don't start banging the phone against one of the metal dividers in the Plexiglas like a madman, hoping that will magically fix the problem, and end up shattering the screen.

Above all, AGAIN, don't wait until after you've destroyed your phone to talk to your tech-savvy teammate and have him explain to you that it was a simple $20 dying lithium-ion battery issue whilst staring at you like you have mushy pudding for brains.

Also, don't be me.

• Like 2

UPS slew footed me today.  Ordered the Little One a new bucket today, hers has been hurting her head(ask me Sunday to open it up, but it was maxed).  I order, assure a delivery date for today & get weather.(snow here in the West, not nuts here...that's relative)  Package is here(20 minute drive for me to pick up) at 6:01 this morning (arrival scan).  Before 12:00, when not on truck for delivery, I inquired as if I could just come to pick up, they tell me "still in transit".  I say, no, it's 20 miles from my house and I'll grab it, they say no "it's stilll in transit". Well, 15 hours later it's still in transit and the Bug gets on a plane tomorrow to play...and UPS didn't provide a service I paid for, nor did you attempt to work with me to go half way.

Edited by EJB
  • Like 1