Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Looking like the company I work for is being bought by one of our competitors. We're not small by any means, but the company rumored to be the purchaser is multinational. There's supposedly going to be an announcement made soon. 

Here's to hoping the rumors aren't true. Or that at least I'll still have a job after all is said and done. 

7 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

ALL airlines. Unless you can afford Emirates. Based on their commercials though you need Jennifer Aniston money (or need to look like Jennifer Aniston)

Flew JetBlue recently. Can confirm.

Virgin America was the only decent domestic airline but they were acquired by Alaska so I'm sure it won't take long before they ruin it.

American just blows the experience time and time again. I have (or had, since it expires next week) platinum status and it meant sweet shit all to them. 

At least I don't travel constantly for work anymore... good riddance!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

eBay lowballers.  No, I would not like to accept 60% of my asking price, thank you.

60% is pretty generous and hardly worth frustration.... I was selling a set of wheels once for $450 and got an offer of $150. Obviously a short "no" was the answer, but I guess "you can't blame a girl for trying".

1 hour ago, Kgbeast said:

60% is pretty generous and hardly worth frustration.... I was selling a set of wheels once for $450 and got an offer of $150. Obviously a short "no" was the answer, but I guess "you can't blame a girl for trying".

Agreed, I've gotten some stupid low offers in the past that aren't even worth countering.  $80 on a $150 auction was just a recent example.

6 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

the guy who takes (literally) a 40 minute shift ay Open Hockey followed by a 20 minute shift...   

At least he's playing, I miss being on ice. Been off since the first week of November.

9 hours ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

Agreed, I've gotten some stupid low offers in the past that aren't even worth countering.  $80 on a $150 auction was just a recent example.

You know you can set an "automatically reject offers less than $x" right?

I get ridiculous low ball offers all the time on auctions that aren't even set up for accepting "Best offers".    I've taken to just responding with "Sorry, this isn't a tag sale".

• Like 1

I avoid ebay, flooded with people offering when there is not even "make an offer", and the crazy fees that keep rising  / exchange rate where they scam you even more and ever growing postal prices...Sold a pair of skates to a US buyer recently, 600$, close to 90$ just in paypal / ebay fees, no thanks Jeffrey. 

On 2/21/2017 at 10:11 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Virgin America was the only decent domestic airline but they were acquired by Alaska so I'm sure it won't take long before they ruin it.

American just blows the experience time and time again. I have (or had, since it expires next week) platinum status and it meant sweet shit all to them. 

At least I don't travel constantly for work anymore... good riddance!

Well, I guess this belongs in the sweet spot but for continuity sake... 

MhsiFpol.png

Looks like if you bitch enough on Twitter they sometimes do actually take you seriously. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 6:57 PM, kmfdm86 said:

Looking like the company I work for is being bought by one of our competitors. We're not small by any means, but the company rumored to be the purchaser is multinational. There's supposedly going to be an announcement made soon. 

Here's to hoping the rumors aren't true. Or that at least I'll still have a job after all is said and done. 

It's official. If anyone in the Denver metro area has any leads on customer service management jobs, please let me know. I think I've got 3 months.

I dabble in bird/nature photography, and I've been without a telephoto lens for the last five months. I decided I'd put in for a rental this weekend to test out a few lenses ahead of time last month. I figured by mid-March it would start to warm up and I wouldn't have to worry about snow or high winds or any of that nonsense, plus I have tomorrow through Sunday off.

Well...

WeekendWeather_zpsrjr8l3dp.jpg

Really, nature? All those years of recycling and not running the water while brushing my teeth and this is how you repay me? I hope all the polar bears drown and like seven oil tankers explode this year now.

• Like 2

I've got one paramedic classmate who straight up needs to be thrown out a window.  Dude, how many times do you need to be told "treat the patient not the numbers"?  Just because we have an expanded drug box doesn't mean we need to use EVERYTHING IN IT. 

So, a buddy sends me a msg today "Wanna go to the game?" I reply "Bulldogs?" He says yes. I go to the rink I play at, because I know they sell discount tickets. Turns out...they aren't tickets but vouchers that can be redeemed for tickets. Not a worry, they never sell out so there will be lots of great seats left. Text my buddy that I have the "tix" he asks 7 or 7:30 start. I look at their website...they play at 7:00 ON THE ROAD! I just assumed he already knew they were at home, so I never bothered to double check. Only 2 home games left this season and I know I can't go tomorrow. I've offered them up on facebook for $20 to try to recoup some of my stupidity.

I may end up going alone Sunday just to salvage some of my ticket buying dignity. haha

• Like 1

Reports of folks masturbating in the sauna at work are popping up.  People are disgusting.  Worse, unless we catch someone in the act, there's not a lot we can do to put a stop to it.

2 hours ago, badger_14 said:

Reports of folks masturbating in the sauna at work are popping up.  People are disgusting.  Worse, unless we catch someone in the act, there's not a lot we can do to put a stop to it.

That is just really disgusting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

That is just really disgusting. 

It happens occasionally, so it doesn't surprise me, but it's just so maddening because it's always a third party reporting it, and the dude or dudes are always gone before you can catch them.  If we did catch them, they'd have their membership cancelled and we'd have grounds to call the cops.  I suppose in some places there's a tacit agreement that the bath house is a place for illicit sexual acts, but like, why gotta do this to an ordinary, run of the mill fitness club?  Take your pervy self and go find a rest area or some bushes or something.  Or go home.